What can we improve/do to improve our ETS community? What TMP should do to start captivating new players.

"RICKY"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You always tend to find player numbers peak after an update or new dlc is released, this is when you see the player counts going over the 5-6k mark, having 2-3k players is pretty standard.

And the servers have be quieter than this, there were times you'd struggle to get more than 1200-1500 players, i think right now tmp has a good balance, patreon also helps, provides regular updates to keep bringing people back, which in turn creates more regular players.

I don't think anything is necessarily wrong with tmp, sure some of the servers are having issues, but this isnt new, probably about once a week you'll see a post about home TMP is supposedly dying, i've seen posts like this since 2016/2017, TMP is a lot stronger and resilient than people think.

4 minutes ago, RICKY9618 said:

It could be but I believe a lot of players are on SCS MP. 

Oh for sure, people will be trying Convoy Mode, but i think the novelty of that will wear off pretty quickly, the only appeal for it i can see if traffic, but the TMP team have been working on this for mp for some time, it'll come.

One thing I've learned with TMP is that if you are patient, you'll usually find what you want gets added.

14 minutes ago, Welshie said:

Você sempre tende a encontrar o pico de número de jogadores após uma atualização ou novo dlc ser lançado, isto é, quando você vê a contagem de jogadores ultrapassando a marca de 5-6k, ter 2-3k jogadores é bastante normal.

E os servidores ficaram mais silenciosos do que isso, havia momentos em que você lutava para conseguir mais de 1200-1500 jogadores, acho que agora o tmp tem um bom equilíbrio, o patreon também ajuda, fornece atualizações regulares para continuar trazendo as pessoas de volta, que em turn cria jogadores mais regulares.

Não acho que algo esteja necessariamente errado com o tmp , tenho certeza que alguns dos servidores estão tendo problemas, mas isso não é novo, provavelmente uma vez por semana você verá um post sobre o TMP doméstico está supostamente morrendo, eu vi posts como isso desde 2016/2017, TMP é muito mais forte e resistente do que as pessoas pensam.

yes the servers are quite unstable, 

6 minutes ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

O Tmp pode permitir o uso de mods locais novamente, o que é algo que dá variedade no jogo, mesmo que seja apenas do lado do cliente ....

It's an idea, how to create a server with trafy? 

7 minutes ago, Welshie said:

Como eu disse, esse não é um problema novo, também está fora das mãos do tmp , cabe ao provedor do servidor.

Yeah since the servers caught fire it's been unstable and the leg is huge. 

Have you noticed that SCS opened the servers when the TMP ones caught fire ??

5 minutes ago, RICKY9618 said:

It's an idea, how to create a server with trafy? 

Yeah since the servers caught fire it's been unstable and the leg is huge. 

Yeah that was unfortunate for sure, but well timed for SCS, but again the servers issues are out of tmp's hands, unless they switch providers which i think would maybe cause new problems?

Tmp have been working on servers with traffic for some time, this teaser was released a few years ago outlining what they were aiming for, 

Honestly, I'm not waiting for TMP to add anything, other than general optimizations.

The playerbase is already pretty "settled", whether it's VTCs or the 110km/h C-D crowd, and said people already frequent the game. All I need, personally, is the segregation of these two so people can enjoy the game without messing around with each other, along with quality of life updates.

Event Team @ Pries

1 hour ago, RICKY9618 said:

yes it's true, but otherwise the servers have never had it so empty as they are now. 

I think the servers are empty because of the summer holiday!
Kind regards,
Gerbuvet B.V.

TruckersMP Player

Hey there,

1 hour ago, RICKY9618 said:

yes it's true, but otherwise the servers have never had it so empty as they are now. 

In my opinion, one of the main reasons that the servers have become a bit quieter is because of the 1.41 update. Whilst TruckersMP was still supportive of 1.40, 1.41 got released. This meant that many of the player base updated to 1.41 and at the time, you could not use your profile once upgrading. Therefore, it meant you had to use a backup (if it'd work) or simply create a new profile. Alternatively, the other solution was to wait until 1.41 was released, which didn't take too long.

Additionally, users would also try out the new "Convoy" game mode, so a lot of people are testing it out and having a feel of what it's like.

34 minutes ago, RICKY9618 said:

Quite a co-incidence. However, SCS did plan this for a while and did mention it ages ago in one of their live streams.

Have a nice day!

James

TruckersMP Game Moderator

11 minutos atrás, Fuaad disse:

Acho que os servidores estão um pouco silenciosos por causa da atualização 1.41. As pessoas querem verificar e experimentar coisas novas. Mas tenho certeza que aquele que amam simulação e experiência na vida real começarão a jogar TMP novamente. 

Attention SCS servers are still betas, they will not only be served from 8 to 10 people. 

I've heard they're going to be big servers. 

29 minutes ago, Jаmes said:

Ei,

Na minha opinião, um dos principais motivos pelos quais os servidores ficaram um pouco mais silenciosos é a atualização do 1.41. Enquanto TruckersMP ainda apoiava 1,40, 1,41 foi lançado. Isso significava que muitos jogadores da base eram atualizados para 1.41 e, na época, você não podia usar o seu perfil após a atualização. Portanto, significava que você tinha que usar um backup (se funcionasse) ou simplesmente criar um novo perfil. Como alternativa, a outra solução era esperar até que 1.41 fosse lançado, o que não demorou muito.

Além disso, os usuários também experimentariam o novo modo de jogo "Convoy", então muitas pessoas o estão testando e tendo uma ideia de como ele é.

Uma grande coincidência. No entanto, o SCS planejou isso por um tempo e mencionou há muito tempo em uma de suas transmissões ao vivo.

Tenha um bom dia!

James

Moderador do jogo TruckersMP

Good morning James.

It may be because of the version but we will only see this over the next few weeks even in September, August is a very complicated month because of the holidays.

4 hours ago, RICKY9618 said:

Attention SCS servers are still betas, they will not only be served from 8 to 10 people. 

I've heard they're going to be big servers. 

I highly doubt that. Not as long as what they are doing is P2P as it is right now. Cause with P2P, multiplayer is dependant on everyone computers and internet connections. And so if one person has a really bad internet connection of PC it will affect everyone else playing. So unless SCS makes servers like the ones we have here, then they wont be raising that limit too much cause it could ruin the other peoples multiplayer experience. And i dont seem then add the servers we have here. They dont have the staff to handle servers like the ones we have here. They would need the same amount of moderators and an appeal system and all that. I just really dont see it happen.

Now to why we have had lower numbers on TMP recently? Well the main cause is the fact that SCS updated the game to 1.41. And so people had to downgrade and use a backup profile in order to play TMP. And a lot of people has just not done that. And not only that but its the middle of summer. So people are on vacation and all that. So with TMP now supporting 1.41 i suspect that the numbers are gonna go up again within a little time, as people realize TMP is now updated and as people get home from vacations.

Truckers Mp does its job perfectly, always working to give us better gaming experience. ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Archived