ETS2 crashing after Alt+Tab out of the game

DJenerate

Question

Hi, I'm having an issue with my ETS2, where it's crashing after I've alt+tabbed out of it a few times. I've tried looking at the crash log, but I can't gather anything useful from it. It's available on Pastebin if anyone's able to understand it. I've also uploaded my regular log file too, but I can't see anything in there that would be causing it to keep crashing.

If anyone knows of a solution, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
DJ.

TruckersMP Media Team :HaulieLove:

7 answers to this question

It says in the log (line 307 ff) 

00:00:03.547 : <WARNING> [cmd] The command file '/home/config.cfg' misses the ending end-of-line character.

00:00:03.547 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/home/config.cfg' in the create_truncate mode.

00:00:03.547 : <WARNING> [cvar] Can not create file '<C:/Users/Dan/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 | /home>/config.cfg'.

00:00:03.547 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/home/config.cfg' in the create_truncate mode.

00:00:03.548 : <WARNING> [cvar] Can not create file '<C:/Users/Dan/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2 | /home>/config.cfg'.

Combined with game log line 12

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

I would assume that the game has no permission to write in the /Documents/Euro truck Simulator 2/ folder

This can be fixed by either fixing the read/write permissions via

a. Right-click -> Properties -> Security and then fix the permissions for the user profile you are using or

b. Run the game as administrator (right click -> run as administrator)

----------------------

In the last few lines it also says

00:01:17.642 : <ERROR> Cannot find screen descriptor (convoy.selector)!

00:01:18.512 : <ERROR> Cannot find screen descriptor (convoy.current.session)!

00:01:19.679 : <ERROR> Cannot find screen descriptor (convoy.current.session)!

00:01:31.314 : <ERROR> Cannot find screen descriptor (convoy.selector)!

00:01:37.256 : Creating save-game file (/home/profiles/5669766120547275636B696E67204576656E742050726F66696C65/save/2/game.sii) ...

00:01:37.688 : <ERROR> Cannot find screen descriptor (convoy.selector)!

which could point to some general problem with the current TMP/ETS2 version

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

17 hours ago, MakeMe said:

In the last few lines of the RayRay5 response, you can see it may be because of SCS Convoy mp, try starting in SinglePlayer and accept convoy progress.

Then it should be resolved.

I did try that too, but there was no convoy progress, as I haven't touched that on this profile.

However, I did try switching from windowed/borderless fullscreen to proper fullscreen, and I haven't had an issue since. I switched to the former in the first place because fullscreen was giving me crashes, but I guess it's the other way around now.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

TruckersMP Media Team :HaulieLove:

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
Critical
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive