Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Scania vs volvo acceleration

Angelforgamers

It's all down to gearing rather than engines; especially diff ratios. I haven't noticed any real differences in performance between the two. If there are differences, they are pretty minute.

Hey there! 

Honestly, Scania has a more fast acceleration than Volvo, especially the old Scania  R 730 V8 (old version) is pretty fast. When you get there 6-speed transmission, you know, what this truck can do ? 

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

On 8/2/2021 at 12:59 PM, Welshie said:

The R series scania's have a much better torque range than the volvo's, you can easily pull away from pretty much anything with them, newer scania's not so much.

New or old r series

13 hours ago, hunter708 said:

SCANIA's acceleration is much more smoother and faster than VOLVO

But I feel volvo pulls better in higher gear in low rpm

17 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

What is that?

The PGR Series came out in 2009, the new ones are called the LPGRS Series. All the different cab types in the range.

1 hour ago, SavageElite said:

It's to bad that trucks dont use awd like cars xD

They do actually! but only in certain applications, this is a Swedish army truck, can't see the transfer box but i'd assume its a 6x6 meaning its 6 or all wheel drive.
spacer.png

I made the experiance that the Scania 730 is faster than the Volvo 750. I think that the Scania is also better with heavy load than the Volvo. However, keep in mind that this is a trucking simulator and not everything is about power and acceleration, but i also know that it is fun driving fast with a truck. Everyone has their own preference. ?

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

17 hours ago, Fast-rider said:

I made the experiance that the Scania 730 is faster than the Volvo 750. I think that the Scania is also better with heavy load than the Volvo. However, keep in mind that this is a trucking simulator and not everything is about power and acceleration, but i also know that it is fun driving fast with a truck. Everyone has their own preference. ?

Scania is way more better then Vovlo since Scania is swedish company ?

39 minutes ago, SavageElite said:

Scania is way more better then Vovlo since Scania is swedish company

And Volvo is Swedish too... Best logic ever.

ON-TOPIC: I've "outpowered" a Volvo 750 HP driving a Renault Premium 460 HP starting from stopped in a red light. Only because I was using 6 speeds Allison transmission with H-Shifter and the other player was using (I guess) 12 speeds automatic transmission. Of course, less than a minute later I was overtaken while I was doing the 80 Km/h speed limit by a full speed Volvo. But these games are not about acceleration or speed. Any truck that can haul the job's trailer is good, even a 320 HP Iveco can get the job done, only it won't go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 10 seconds and it will struggle when going uphill, but that's how things work in real life trucking... I don't remember seeing any trucks with more than 530 HP around the area where I live. And they haul all kinds of trailers/cargoes.

14 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And Volvo is Swedish too... Best logic ever.

ON-TOPIC: I've "outpowered" a Volvo 750 HP driving a Renault Premium 460 HP starting from stopped in a red light. Only because I was using 6 speeds Allison transmission with H-Shifter and the other player was using (I guess) 12 speeds automatic transmission. Of course, less than a minute later I was overtaken while I was doing the 80 Km/h speed limit by a full speed Volvo. But these games are not about acceleration or speed. Any truck that can haul the job's trailer is good, even a 320 HP Iveco can get the job done, only it won't go from 0 to 100 Km/h in 10 seconds and it will struggle when going uphill, but that's how things work in real life trucking... I don't remember seeing any trucks with more than 530 HP around the area where I live. And they haul all kinds of trailers/cargoes.

But Scania made their trucks looks more better then volvo becuase Volvo is always same stuff ?

People are saying Scania is accelerating faster than Volvo, but I highly doubt it's a big difference, so I would say which one you prefer 

3 hours ago, SavageElite said:

But Scania made their trucks looks more better then volvo becuase Volvo is always same stuff ?

That's your opinion, but the Volvo FH Classic and the Volvo FH 2012 looks different to each other.

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

On 8/6/2021 at 2:37 PM, .Lucas said:

People are saying Scania is accelerating faster than Volvo, but I highly doubt it's a big difference, so I would say which one you prefer 

That's your opinion, but the Volvo FH Classic and the Volvo FH 2012 looks different to each other.

Looks nearly similar to me out on the road in a certain distance

Archived