TruckersMP in trouble?

Tchelows

4 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Where have they said that they plan to evolve their MP to something like ours? I highly doubt that. We here at TMP are about 200 staff members, which is about the same as what SCS has employed. But we "only" deal with this MP. Where as SCS deals with creating their games, DLC's, and making money to pay those 200 employees. So unless SCS decides to make their MP a subscription based thing then how are they gonna make money, to run x amount of MP servers and to get the quite a lot of extra people to run an MP like ours? We have over 100 moderators just to try and keep the servers free of trolls. It would just be a big expense for them with no real income on it.

They said that in a live during (May 27th, if I'm right) the 1.41 Experimental Beta period, and A.P. 101 has quoted that in this video:

And yes, what you said it's right, in fact it's not something planned in a short period of time, at least we need to attend 3 or more years to see if they will do something like TMP, so as I said before, I'm not worried about the near future of TMP

Our Discord Server Divisions ManagerSocial Media Manager & Driver for Global Cargo 2144512737_GCLogo.png.8287d0c9b5303d9c5138940e2ea20002.png

Discord: Noki#2888

6 hours ago, _Noki said:

They said that in a live during (May 27th, if I'm right) the 1.41 Experimental Beta period, and A.P. 101 has quoted that in this video:

And yes, what you said it's right, in fact it's not something planned in a short period of time, at least we need to attend 3 or more years to see if they will do something like TMP, so as I said before, I'm not worried about the near future of TMP

Yeah okay. But as he said its probably in years time. Cause they will have to figure out all these things i mentioned. We rely on ad money and patreons i think for covering the cost of the servers and all that. And i cant see SCS asking people to be patreons to run a TMP like server. Its just an expense they wont really make any money from unless they find a way to make money from it in some way. And i dont see a subscription based thing either. Cause this here is all free, you dont have to pay a dime. You just need the base ATS or ETS 2 game. So i think its gonna be interesting to see how they plan to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xris_TMP said:

TruckersMP by itself is not in trouble.

Just, the playerbase has been reduced recently, due to SCS releasing convoys feature, some others getting banned for long etc.

Still, I'd rather see more traffic on S2 than 2k to 2.5k at night.

Somehow I still believe that the situation might improve one day.

The situation won't improve, the situation will get worse as time passes, scs will upgrade the player limit as time passes

The Convoy mode has done TruckersMP a favor, I'd say, giving the banned players the chance to play with their also banned friends instead of trying to evade and use new accounts to keep trolling in TruckersMP servers until they are banned again. If only for this reason, I'd also say that TruckersMP has improved already.

Besides, if having 2000 players in the server is such a bad thing, I don't get how having only 8 is better... SCS will upgrade the limit, but unless they open their own dedicated servers, we'll see how many people have computers powerful enough to host games with more than 8 players... Each one with their modded trucks... It would be really funny to see some home PC trying to run ETS2 with 2000 players over their 50 Mbps internet connection. ?

11 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

O modo Convoy fez um favor ao TruckersMP, eu diria, dando aos jogadores banidos a chance de jogar com seus amigos também banidos, em vez de tentar fugir e usar novas contas para continuar a vasculhar os servidores TruckersMP até serem banidos novamente. Se apenas por esse motivo, eu também diria que o TruckersMP já melhorou.

Além disso, se ter 2.000 jogadores no servidor é uma coisa tão ruim, eu não entendo como ter apenas 8 é melhor ... SCS irá atualizar o limite, mas a menos que eles abram seus próprios servidores dedicados, veremos quantos as pessoas têm computadores potentes o suficiente para hospedar jogos com mais de 8 jogadores ... Cada um com seus caminhões modificados ... Seria muito engraçado ver algum PC doméstico tentando rodar ETS2 com 2.000 jogadores em sua conexão de internet de 50 Mbps. ?

There's one thing I agree with. He spoke little, but with truths!

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The Convoy mode has done TruckersMP a favor, I'd say, giving the banned players the chance to play with their also banned friends instead of trying to evade and use new accounts to keep trolling in TruckersMP servers until they are banned again. If only for this reason, I'd also say that TruckersMP has improved already.

Besides, if having 2000 players in the server is such a bad thing, I don't get how having only 8 is better... SCS will upgrade the limit, but unless they open their own dedicated servers, we'll see how many people have computers powerful enough to host games with more than 8 players... Each one with their modded trucks... It would be really funny to see some home PC trying to run ETS2 with 2000 players over their 50 Mbps internet connection. ?

And if you play SCS MP with 8 people you can already see your frames dropping, even if you are not the host. Its a problem we know very well here at TMP. I think we run better with 8 people around, but when we get to have 20-30 or more people around most peoples computers loose frames. And that is simply cause this game is not optimised for running with all these high resolution trucks at the same time. And so SCS has to do quite a lot of optimisation before they can increase the limit to more than 8 trucks. And not only that but the host computer is also gonna struggle much more, the more people it has to host as the host of SCS MP. Your computer is essentially turned into a server when you host it. And so low end computers will really struggle and its gonna be even worse if they also have bad internet.

no fps drops here ....  also no more struggle as when running with a few mods that got some flaws due gamechanges .... 

the thing that is troublesome however is the forced sync to every player. 

if there is only one player with a shitty bamboo conection , everyone will suffer form the games attempts to keep the scene in sync even if on the other side of the whole map. 

Trucks getting liftet up .. cars flying across the landscape , crashing like bumber cars  (basicly the whole scene turn in to C-D road 2.0 ) within secunds for same secunds .... 

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived