TruckersMP in trouble?

Tchelows

I honestly have never seen the guys from TruckersMP take so long to release an update that makes us play again on their platform as they are taking now. Is it something related to the latest update that allows us to create our own private convoys? Was the team having a lot of cucumbers to try to sort out now? Where is our multiplayer?? ?

Hey,

There is no specific date when TruckersMP will release the support for the version 1.41. However, in one of the latest posts it was mentioned that the update should come closer to the end of this month. By judging the fact that the update has not been released, even though this month ends tomorrow, I think we should expect the update in the first half of the upcoming month.We are all sitting in the same boat. We all have to patiently wait because that is the only available option right now.

43 minutes ago, Tchelows said:

I honestly have never seen the guys from TruckersMP take so long to release an update that makes us play again on their platform as they are taking now. Is it something related to the latest update that allows us to create our own private convoys? Was the team having a lot of cucumbers to try to sort out now? Where is our multiplayer?? ?

If you read the blog post linked by @Scanva Diesel A/S you can have an idea of how the update is going and an approximate date where the update is going to be supported. In addition, there have been updates that took much longer than this one, so it's just a matter of time that the new update releases and you will be able to play again on the latest version. ?

spacer.png

Hey,
you can still downgrade your Steam and still play on the server. Besides, I think TMP will take the time they need. It's better to bring an update that doesn't bring so many bugs than an update that only consists of bugs.
I hope you understand my opinion on the subject.

Have a nice day

|Aurora VTC Driver|

@elweondelosbarrancos @galantisCC  @Simulator Experiencer @L N X   look what I said earlier that players will shift to official multiplayer  but @Xristrucking and others kept saying that this is temporary and the player count will increase after truckersmp supports 1.41 but that is not the case the player count has remained the same even truckersmp supported 1.41 3 days ago.This is the end of truckersmp

3 minutes ago, Angelforgamers said:

@elweondelosbarrancos @galantisCC  @Simulator Experiencer @L N X   look what I said earlier that players will shift to official multiplayer  but @Xristrucking and others kept saying that this is temporary and the player count will increase after truckersmp supports 1.41 but that is not the case the player count has remained the same even truckersmp supported 1.41 3 days ago.This is the end of truckersmp

It’s up today by around 1500 players 2995 as of now . It’s been around the 1000-1200  mark last week ?

5 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

Not talking about total but in sim 1 or sim 2 server

This is the middle of summer. So there is quite a lot of people on vacation. And its been a few days since we released the update. It takes time for people to realize we are updated and people have to be home from vacation too. And numbers where up today. From like 1200 to like 2200 today. So up by a 1000 people. And so as more people realize we are updated and as people get home from vacation i am sure numbers are gonna go up again. And some of it is of cause because people are checking out the SCS convoy function. But they will soon be back again. 

6 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

This is the middle of summer. So there is quite a lot of people on vacation. And its been a few days since we released the update. It takes time for people to realize we are updated and people have to be home from vacation too. And numbers where up today. From like 1200 to like 2200 today. So up by a 1000 people. And so as more people realize we are updated and as people get home from vacation i am sure numbers are gonna go up again. And some of it is of cause because people are checking out the SCS convoy function. But they will soon be back again. 

So for instance last year the total player coumt touched a high of around 15k or even 11k ,so do you expect it to be the same this year?or official multiplayer is gonna affect that player count this year? What do you think?

6 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Hey admin I just miss last year when total player count touched high of 15k and the average was around 10 to 11k .I just want to relive that moment...I just miss the traffic we used to have since 2017 to 2020 @MrSirViking

2 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

So for instance last year the total player coumt touched a high of around 15k or even 11k ,so do you expect it to be the same this year?or official multiplayer is gonna affect that player count this year? What do you think?

As SCS itself has already said, the type of multiplayer that TMP use is different from what is currently chosen by SCS, so it's possible that they will lose a percentage of players, but not enough to make a big difference to the statistics.
It's, however, in SCS's plans to evolve "Convoy" to a multiplayer model like the one TMP has chosen, but until this happens I don't see how the TMP platform can be affected by big changes in the user base.

Our Discord Server Divisions ManagerSocial Media Manager & Driver for Global Cargo 2144512737_GCLogo.png.8287d0c9b5303d9c5138940e2ea20002.png

Discord: Noki#2888

People have decreed "Truckersmp is dying!" for years, and yet it never has, sure its had slumps but it always bounces back.

This is because TMP Has a solid, loyal player base, all you have to do is look at patreon, 2400+ patrons, so that at least 2400 players who monetarily support tmp.

Also @Angelforgamersyou have to consider that last year a lot of people where on furlough or off of work due to covid, I doubt we'll see the large player numbers we did then, but i certainly wouldn't doubt seeing 5000+ players actively player.

So yeah, i personally think its silly to say truckersmp is dead, its not, all you've got to do is look at the forums or go to Kirkenes or C-D road, or go to one of the many convoys people host weekly, the community is alive and kicking and will be for some time.

2 hours ago, _Noki said:

As SCS itself has already said, the type of multiplayer that TMP use is different from what is currently chosen by SCS, so it's possible that they will lose a percentage of players, but not enough to make a big difference to the statistics.
It's, however, in SCS's plans to evolve "Convoy" to a multiplayer model like the one TMP has chosen, but until this happens I don't see how the TMP platform can be affected by big changes in the user base.

Where have they said that they plan to evolve their MP to something like ours? I highly doubt that. We here at TMP are about 200 staff members, which is about the same as what SCS has employed. But we "only" deal with this MP. Where as SCS deals with creating their games, DLC's, and making money to pay those 200 employees. So unless SCS decides to make their MP a subscription based thing then how are they gonna make money, to run x amount of MP servers and to get the quite a lot of extra people to run an MP like ours? We have over 100 moderators just to try and keep the servers free of trolls. It would just be a big expense for them with no real income on it.

Archived