Incompatible profile

oguzhan6

Question

Hello everyone. I wanted to play ETSMP again after a long time, and it looks like we had to downgrade the game to version 1.40. So i did it.

When I open the game, my profile says "Incompatible profile"....I cant play ETS with my profile, because of saves I had from the updated version. I wanted to fix it and went to my ETS Documents and deleted the backup for version 1.41 but it still doesnt work. I also have no saves in the cloud. Anyone know how to fix?

7 answers to this question

Hello,

Probably you updated the game to a game newer version and played with that profile.

The saves of a new version cannot be loaded by the older version. You may find an autosave game in the save loading screen that has been made in the old version and that you can load to play in multiplayer.

Try this:

• Navigate to Folder: \ Users \ thiag \ Documents \ American Truck Simulator \ profiles (1.40.2.2s) .bak // Same for ETS 2 
  • Copy the Folder from your Profiles and paste it in the directory \ Users \ thiag \ Documents \ American Truck Simulator \ profiles
  • After doing this go into SinglePlayer mode and see if your Profile works in the Previous version.

If it did not work, you have to create another one, and start by level 0. You can also download some mods for money and XP levels aswell, if you dont want to do all progress again.

Also, you can read this topic:

• Like 2

This may solve your problem:

1. Go into your Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in your Documents and if you want to prevent loss from going back, backup your profiles folder (copy it then paste it to another folder).
  2. Look for the version 1.40  profile backups, preferably the newest ones that are version 1.40.
  3. Copy the profile you want from the 1.40 backups (or all, if you would prefer that/only have one) into your profiles folder - not into any other backups folder.
  4. Launch ETS2, and you should have an older copy of your profile in ETS2, compatible with 1.40.

24H4oa0.jpg

Hello @oguzhan6,

I had the same Problem and here is an sollution which is working 100%. I solved the Problem by using this.

If you have Upgraded your Game to 1.41 and run the Game then there is no way out to get the same Profile work again on 1.40 Version.

That happens because the Version 1.41 is using an another Way of Synchronisation and it adds a lot of new Codes into your Profile which aren't supported on 1.40 and which are nor removeable by Save Editing. 

You need to create an new In-Game Profile or download one from here (I searched it for you already): https://ets2.lt/en/?s=ETS+1.40+Profile

By downloading an Profile, you will avoid all these first steps etc. which is much easier than creating an new Profile and starting from beginning.

King Regards,
Don Cheeki.

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
Critical
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hey! 

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind regards,
maksch
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and moved to unsolved

maksch

Ex-Member of the Support Team