Rec or No Rec?

~ Xris Aurora ~

Yet another a bit controversial topic you might say.

But hey, are you seriously recording all of your trips? Cause I do, for safety reasons and purposes. So I might call it *dashcaming*.

As a serious WoT trucker, I'm supposed to do that, and it's not just cause I like getting some random reckless minds into troubles, but I prefer those roads to stay clean from misbehaving personalities.

Now tell me what's your opinion on the matter?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to continuously record, but i found i was just ending up with gb's worth of footage that had no use, i ended up getting a bit of software called medal, and its great, can clip stuff with a button press, much more convenient than recording a whole trip, you can edit the clips in the software too.

Hello, @Xristrucking?

Rec Because, This Is The Best Action To Take Against Drivers Who Harm Us By Driving Your Game Recklessly Even If We Don't Want To. Sometimes You Can Be Banned Due To Misunderstandings. If You Present Your Evidence In A Situation Like This, You May Be Acquitted Of Your Ban, As You Are Probably Right.

I always record my trips in full for two reasons. One, trolls. Cause ya never know when ya might catch one in the wild. And second, for my YouTube channel. I run a series called TruckersMP Dashcam Time-lapses and I put on there the time-lapse versions of my drives. It does pretty well and just today we passed 50 subs. My current goal is to get to 100 subs hopefully within the next few months. 

When traveling down the road in my vehicle I have what is called " Shadowplay " activated and it is set for a certain time period but I will not mention that in here. So if something happens ahead of me that I determine is worth video capturing I will press my assigned keybind and the instant replay will be saved. However if something happens to me as well I will press my keybind setting so when I do submit the report on the website it will show exactly what happen and a certain amount of time that led up to the incident. 

Hello @Xristrucking,

I am glad on this post . Yes everyone prefer recording because of many various reasons. We see many people in the such way that someone troll someone will do with intention what if we try to understand them not to do that. Yes this we can do and will be done by respective game modrators in a large community like this these happens but i wish that this can totally get slow that everyone follow rules and this will happen one day i will be waiting for that time. By the way thank you for the post. ❤️

1461399661_signature(1).png.b740176fbabe6e2c26ea90ff9dab7d79.png

I have only played TMP a few years ago, now I've been avoiding because I want to get better at the game before I mess up someone's game by sucking at driving. Back then I was never recording and kept getting rammed from every direction. I ended up getting the blame, but luckily never banned. When I finally get back to playing TMP (maybe when they release the update for 1.41), then I guess I'll be recording all my trips. Scared that I might get banned for doing nothing wrong, and the blame for doing nothing wrong is the worst feeling ever.

REC is useful for multi things, First, If you are youtuber. Second, If you are going to report rule breaker in game. (Video may be sufficient of evidence) Then you have a backup if somethings happends

Archived