Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Wheel vs Keyboard vs Controller

~ Xris Aurora ~

In my time i've used Keyboard, Gamepad and 2 wheels.

Id say honestly the winner is Gamepad for me, its very convenient and a lot more relaxed that using a wheel, don't get me wrong i loved my g920 + th8a shifter, was a great combo could run a proper split 12 speed box and felt great for driving, but with the wheels come stuff you dont get with a controller.

The Logitech software is worse than useless, you could be driving fine one night, then the next night it just will not work, or has some issue that forces you to restart and recalibrate, which can turn an hour drive into a 3 hour ordeal which takes away all the fun. Also storage! If you haven't got a large amount of space for a wheel it can make it a pain to play other games.

whereas with my controller, i can make all my buttons and still run a 12 speed, all i had to do to play is plug it in, i've driven much more mileage with a controller than i have with a wheel, i've even driving 5000+ miles in one go with a controller.

So in my mind as much a wheel is great experience i believe that for overall fun and convivence you cannot beat a controller. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use a wheel to drive, but most of the time I use automatic transmission because I'm lazy, but at times I may also use my H-Shifter :). Usually I stick to automatic though, simply because of the simplicity. I used to also use mouse steering, but I got away from it because it was uncomfortable and because I wanted for my steering to be a bit more precise. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I started on keyboard and was playing keyboard for a long time, around 2 years ago I bought a wheel (G29) and it must've been one of the best purchases I've made. My experience just got better and more enjoyable.

I can't even imagine going back to keyboard now that I've played with wheel ?

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

I use my old Xbox 360 controller, I don't have the money or space for a steering wheel set-up or I would surely use that instead. I also only have a laptop, so quick and convenient is the way forward for me. My bindings are:

Accelerate: Right trigger

Brake: Left trigger

Steering: Left stick

Looking around: Right stick

Shift up: A

Shift down: B

Set cruise control: X

Windscreen wipers toggle: Y

Headlights toggle: Up on d-pad

Full beams toggle: Left on d-pad

Full beams flash: Right on d-pad

Hazard lights: Down on d-pad

Indicators: Left and right shoulder bumpers

Horn: R3 (click right stick)

It works well for me, the only problem is the stick is a bit too sensitive for small steering corrections sometimes ?

I use keyboard since I dont have a sterring wheel. Playing with keyboard is kind of unplesent, cuz we cannot make sharp turns in a relatively high speed since we have to 'wait' for the steering wheel in the game to move.

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived