Name Tags Far From Players

jakubl079

Question

I've been having an issue where the names of players don't appear over them most of the time and instead they are far away from the player. This makes it hard to figure out who is who in game. When I played TruckersMP a year ago or so I didn't have this issue. Does anyone know what I could do?

The screenshot is an example as to how it looks. You can see that the name tags are far away from the player.

Example.jpg

8 answers to this question

Hey there! ? Have you tried uninstalling Truckersmp and reinstalling it?

If that does not work, simply try launching it as administrator.

Finally, if neither of these work, try and check your resolution.  You do this by going to the windows bar, typing in settings.  Click open, then you are going to go to the system tab, then scroll down to the resolution.

I hope this helps you ?

Hello there,

Of course, it looks strange, but sometimes it happens that you pass by some player t press "TAB" to see the list of players and there this player does not disappear, but he is already 2 thousand meters away from you. Perhaps this is a similar situation, only with a nickname? 
How often does this happen to you?

Regards,
Skazochnick
TruckersMP Support

Good afternoon,

Thanks for creating a forum topic today.

I noticed that the aspect ratio of the image you posted is that of an ultrawide monitor, or possibly a dual monitor setup (where the monitors are 16:9). Sometimes, using a dual screen monitor setup or triple screen monitor setup can shift the names above players and distort other parts of the UI. Maybe if this is the case, try only using one monitor and see if this fixes the case.

If not, I would try to reset all of your TruckersMP launcher settings to default to see if that fixes the problem.

Kindly,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

Thank you everyone for the responses. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the issue fixed. I have tried uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling it as well as running the launcher as an administrator. While it is true that I do play on a dual monitor setup I have never experienced this issue in the past when I used to play a lot more often. 

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us on that one.

Sometimes, new updates within TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 itself, Windows and graphics drivers can cause incompatibility and weird things like this, hence why we suggested to try with a single monitor.

That being said, maybe you can try deleting the ETS2MP folder in your documents (this contains all of the launcher preferences you set, so you can make a backup if you like if it doesn't work so you don't have to reconfigure everything). This will reset any UI changes you made.

Kindly,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Kind Regards,

JJay

TruckersMP Support

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |

Hello there,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

General18

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade