Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

At what speed limit do you drive? Why?

Kabanoss [EST]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that with the maintenance of the maximum speed limit, nothing has changed practically, as people drive and crash, so everything was before that) I think if you introduce traffic as it was previously in the plans, then this will solve everything and there will be no such people who drive along the highway, and everyone is "demolished" from the road)

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Eleanora said:

I think that with the maintenance of the maximum speed limit, nothing has changed practically, as people drive and crash, so everything was before that) I think if you introduce traffic as it was previously in the plans, then this will solve everything and there will be no such people who drive along the highway, and everyone is "demolished" from the road)

I beg to differ.

While it's true that one can have an accident independent of the driven speed, the outcome varies significantly with speed, e.g. 

it does make very much of a difference if one crashes at 80 km/ h or at 150 km/ h.

Nature respectively physics cannot be fooled.

The decreased maximum speed limit is a logic consequence of numerous accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

17 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I beg to differ.

While it's true that one can have an accident independent of the driven speed, the outcome varies significantly with speed, e.g. 

it does make very much of a difference if one crashes at 80 km/ h or at 150 km/ h.

Nature respectively physics cannot be fooled.

The decreased maximum speed limit is a logic consequence of numerous accidents caused by driving at excessive speed.

But the point remains the same, that even if they have lowered the maximum speed, people are still driving and deliberately crashing into other people, especially on Skoda) Such brazen behavior on the roads can only contribute to the introduction of multiplayer traffic

^^^ And when (or if) they add NPC traffic in TruckersMP servers, those same people will just ram the NPC traffic making it jam the road or simply crash the players nearby. Adding NPC traffic can maybe make some players drive slower, but it won't change anything in regards to the racers, the reckless , the trolls, etc. They will do the same thing that they do now but with an upside... NPC traffic doesn't report. And it can't be reported.

The way things are, NPC traffic would only be a new weapon for trolls. Even if you have video evidence that someone "pushed" an NPC vehicle against yours and they get banned, they'd be able to appeal with "It was unintentional and I only hit some NPC traffic". Unless TruckersMP's rule 2.2 were changed to include "NPC traffic" besides "another player".

Spoiler

§2.2 - Ramming*

Causing a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence. Attempting to cause a collision by steering towards their vehicle.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:55 AM, blabberbeak said:

TruckersMP has an age restriction which is determined by the Steam Subscriber Agreement ("You may not become a subscriber if you are under the age of 13.").

While raising the minimum age restriction for TruckersMP would be possible, it doesn't guarantee an improvement of the situation on the road.

To my knowledge, TruckersMP doesn't collect and/ or analyse data from which age-related rule violations or accident statistics could be derived. Consequently, excluding "teen drivers" from our international and multi-age community would be nothing more than a shot in the dark. Let's not forget that we mostly have very talented and sincere young drivers that we can still learn from.

In conclusion, I regard it a better idea to educate and teach instead of ban and exclude.

OK, so instead of age limit, would you think that minimum amount of km (e. g. 200 000 km) at speed-limited sim server (No Promods or Arcade) as a requirement for allowing to play at no-limit sim server would be impossible? With also another initial conditions like e. g. clean ban sheet or 300 000 km from the last ban (if it's like only up to 2 active)? I think this could be very usable filter.
Look, at these days, I witness only Sim Server 2 half-full, while others sim servers are almost empty. So I suppose there has been lot of racers and ingorants eliminated enough for that experiment... 

18 hours ago, mikeuncass said:

OK, so instead of age limit, would you think that minimum amount of km (e. g. 200 000 km) at speed-limited sim server (No Promods or Arcade) as a requirement for allowing to play at no-limit sim server would be impossible? With also another initial conditions like e. g. clean ban sheet or 300 000 km from the last ban (if it's like only up to 2 active)? I think this could be very usable filter.
Look, at these days, I witness only Sim Server 2 half-full, while others sim servers are almost empty. So I suppose there has been lot of racers and ingorants eliminated enough for that experiment... 

Thank you so much for your inspiring post.

A minimum driven distance requirement connected to World Of Trucks (WOT) deliveries is a good idea. I could also imagine to combine this with a certain number of accomplished WOT jobs. And with specific destinations to ensure that certain maneuvers have been practised, like entering tight company entries and/ or difficult parking spots.

200.000 kilometres however are too much, considering the possibility that not every user has much time left to meet the requirements in an adequate time. The idea of requirements isn't to exclude or unnecessarily delay the joining process, but to ensure that all users start with a similar base experience.

I've also suggested (kind of) something like this in the past, the requirement to have a certain number of World of Trucks jobs before joining TMP, if only because players can't skip that by going AFK (as happens with the 2 hours requirement) and because they'd start with a experience in driving at limited speed of 90 Km/h (or 65 mph in ATS). It can sound useless, but I've read of people who used to drive full speed, started doing WoTr jobs and found out that keeping "low" speeds makes the game more enjoyable.

But no matter what requirements were set, I don't think that the Simulation servers' speed limit should be raised. Whoever wants to drive faster can use the Arcade ones. And if the idea is that "good drivers" should be allowed to go faster... Well, good drivers shouldn't need to worry about having no-collisions everywhere, because they'd always try to avoid all kinds of collisions, being good drivers and all. BTW, really good drivers wouldn't speed in these games, IMO, since there's no need and it's nothing like what the games are about.

I prefer to drive a sports car according to the speed limit of the road. When running with the team, I will adjust my speed according to the speed limit and road conditions. Running according to the speed limit of the road can enhance the sense of reality and abide by the traffic regulations, but you should also control the speed according to the road conditions

The above is just my own opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the speed limit is 110 Km/h, there are still some players causing chaos. Some people say that the speed limit should be increased or something, but I think it is better not to increase it.

On 11/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, blabberbeak said:

Thank you so much for your inspiring post.

A minimum driven distance requirement connected to World Of Trucks (WOT) deliveries is a good idea. I could also imagine to combine this with a certain number of accomplished WOT jobs. And with specific destinations to ensure that certain maneuvers have been practised, like entering tight company entries and/ or difficult parking spots.

200.000 kilometres however are too much, considering the possibility that not every user has much time left to meet the requirements in an adequate time. The idea of requirements isn't to exclude or unnecessarily delay the joining process, but to ensure that all users start with a similar base experience.

Those 200.000 km were chosen ad hoc just as an example. I understand this process wouldn't be that easy. I totally agree that joining process shouldn't be too much long. But the conditions should've been set like getting carry permit in CZ: It's hard to gain, but it's easy to loose it - so the drivers would be close to real conditions including loosing the permit to drive at that server. 

I just repeat the idea of this is in forcing the drivers to focus more on need FOR accomodatING speed of their vehicle to their own skills, properties of the vehicle and cargo, road conditions, weather conditions and other situation that are predictible from driver's position; and to drive only that fast so they will be able to stop on visual distance (before an obstacle).

Archived