At what speed limit do you drive? Why?

Kabanoss [EST]

I think it should be 90 for trucks 110 for vehicles.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on how i feel at that moment, if im tired im driving slow, 80-90 km/h, if someone in front of me is driving slow, to me its not a problem i accept his speed limit and stay behind him, i like to cruise in slow speed sometimes not always 110, if there is no one near me then i like to push my truck to the limit which is 110 ? 

On 9/19/2021 at 3:23 PM, -TurboStar- said:

Depends on how i feel at that moment, if im tired im driving slow, 80-90 km/h, if someone in front of me is driving slow, to me its not a problem i accept his speed limit and stay behind him, i like to cruise in slow speed sometimes not always 110, if there is no one near me then i like to push my truck to the limit which is 110 ? 

Wouldn't it be a better choice for you to play a truck racing game than a trucking job simulator? I often wonder why people that love high speeds play ETS2, yet there are a couple of good choices when it comes to racing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know, how this law is written in other countries, but in our country (if I don't mind the basic limits depending on types of roads) there's one basic rule saying, that driver has to accomodate speed of the vehicle to his own skill, properties of vehicle and cargo, road state, weather and other predictible things; he's allowed to drive that fast so he's able to stop on visual distance. And I think that's the only necessary rule when driving outside towns and villages. If I'm on classic two-lane road, I set limiter on 82 kph. But on highways - 120 no problem; German highways - even 140+ ain't problem...

But even though I stay at 80 - 90 kph, 'cause I usualy tak WoT cargo and I'm trying also reduce usage like in real life... Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but it's kinda good being on 30 l/100 km instead of 45...

Indeed, this issue has been discussed many times. Personally, I think it is most appropriate to drive at 90km. Other people should follow my suggestions, because it is really unsafe to go up. It is also suggested to keep a safe distance during driving. I wish you a happy driving

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Personally, I drive at the allowed speed limits, but I can understand if people wants to drive way faster as allowed. Sometimes I also drive 70 or 80 in a 50 zone, because it's only a few hundreds of metres. And I for me ETS 2 is a great hobby, so I also drive 80 Km/h with a trailer which is only allowed to drive 70, because iT's a nice realistic simulation, but sometimes I don't feel like playing that real.

I don't know what the quark is supposed to be honest!?!?! up to now you could still have some fun with the speed.

- Except for kiddis with cars that drive on the wrong side and deliberately ram.

- Or accidents that are part of it from time to time.

- That some have internet problems while driving (laggs). it doesn't really get any better. Apart from the fact that fewer players come due to the further reduced speed!

I PERSONALLY like to go online after or before work, or on a weekend more. But NOT at 90. if that remains, I am with one of the online services, completely turn my back, ALL servers have been limited to 90 yes ALL!

For this, a big THANK YOU to ruining online gaming. Suggestion reduces it to 50 so that 0 accidents happen and no one can drive into another due to laggs. ... (irony OFF)

In the past you could easily drive 145+ because I saw that it was too fast for online apart from the little kids who just mess up. 110 was puke limit but was still possible. but 90 ?? NO WAY

Other than that, it's a GAME to have fun! If the driving fun is taken, the game is over.

makes at least 1-2 normal servers with 110 again. who you look at what was online earlier and what is still playing online today Fewer people and at 90 even less I'm out at 90! DEFINITIVE!

as long as 90 remain, I prefer to play OFFLINE! or not.

So long keep talking short I am AWAY (work calls)

30 minutes ago, gonnes said:

But NOT at 90. if that remains, I am with one of the online services, completely turn my back, ALL servers have been limited to 90 yes ALL!

None of the TruckersMP servers has a speed limit of 90 km /h:

Simulaton server 1 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

Simulaton server 2 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

US Simulation server 1 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

ProMods server (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

Arcade server (ETS2) has no speed limit.

ProMods Arcade server (ETS2) has no speed limit.

Simulation server (ATS) has a speed limit of 80 mph.

US simulation server (ATS) has a speed limit of 80 mph.

US Arcade server has no speed limit.

(Source:

TruckersMP server status)

If you can't drive faster than 90 km/ h, please check

- if your game internal speed limiter is enabled or

- if you're delivering an external World Of Trucks job. They are limited to a maximum speed of 90 km/ h.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:02 PM, mikeuncass said:

Well, I was wondering, how it would look like to have one of sim servers without limits to see, how many people would actually race - with other rules still valid (causing collision - punishment like in classic sim server). And I'm sure, that the amount of racers would be the same ?

You haven't been around long enough to know that this situation existed in the past.

It was a mess.

The occurrences caused by driving at excessive speed were frequent and severe.

Racers faced the same limitations as they do now, only at higher speed.

With the introduction of Road To Simulation, the TruckersMP decided to concentrate their efforts on the simulation aspect, which also resulted in a reduced but also more realistic speed limit for trucks.

According to the TruckersMP team, they will not increase the speed limit again.

The arcade servers are a reasonable alternative for users who enjoy to drive at excessive speed.

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

None of the TruckersMP servers has a speed limit of 90 km /h:

Simulaton server 1 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

Simulaton server 2 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

US Simulation server 1 (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

ProMods server (ETS2) has a speed limit of 110 km/ h.

Arcade server (ETS2) has no speed limit.

ProMods Arcade server (ETS2) has no speed limit.

Simulation server (ATS) has a speed limit of 80 mph.

US simulation server (ATS) has a speed limit of 80 mph.

US Arcade server has no speed limit.

(Source:

TruckersMP server status)

If you can't drive faster than 90 km/ h, please check

- if your game internal speed limiter is enabled or

- if you're delivering an external World Of Trucks job. They are limited to a maximum speed of 90 km/ h.

1. Yes, I've been with it for a long time, so I know it from before where you could drive with 140. until ETS2 shredded my score and I lost interest. therefore i know the situation at the time.

2. Thanks for the info in your post found the mistake, want to go to the event and World Freight .. didn't know that anymore SORRY. That explains the 90 because I was able to drive even faster that week but not with the freight on arcade either ... .

So thank you very much for the last lines below in the post that explained it

9 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

You haven't been around long enough to know that this situation existed in the past.

It was a mess.

With the introduction of Road To Simulation, the TruckersMP decided to concentrate their efforts on the simulation aspect, which also resulted in a reduced but also more realistic speed limit for trucks.

The arcade servers are a reasonable alternative for users who enjoy to drive at excessive speed.

This is very true! Back in the day it was not uncommon to find drivers at speeds of 90 mph + . When the limited speed was first made mandatory. It was A big talking point. But imo it’s one of the best moves the admin have done in the last 5 years. It’s so much more relaxing to drive on now than back then .

To answer the question, I drive at the mandatory speed on the road and only when the conditions are ideal and my trailer doesn't have a lower limit. Like: I'll do 80 in a 90 limited road if that's what my trailer is supposed to do as max speed. I'll also drive slower if it's raining, if it's night or if I'm hauling a long or double trailer in curvy roads, to make sure that I won't need to go on the opposite lane at any moment.

Why? Because that's how I like the games. They're about hauling cargoes from one point to another, deliver in time with no damage. Following the speed limits is the best way to achieve that.

About "back in the day"... Yes, I was there and I remember the insane amount of people who'd drive at 300 Km/h with their Scout cars, when there were no limits and those cars were like tanks with a lot more power and weight than any trucks. You'd just go flying with 100% damage to everything while the ***** in the car kept driving like nothing.

Some time ago I used to drive 150 km/h like crazy but today I almost everytime follow road speed limit but when I feel that the speed limit is unreasonable (for example: 60kph on a straight empty road) I go 10-20 km/h above the speed limit but I almost never hit 90 km/h. Why? Driving slow is just more enjoyable. For me, fast drive makes the game boring.

• 2 weeks later...

You said it had been a mess in past with no speed limit. OK, so do you think that minimum age limit (if it is possible to check) would help that? For example 25+? I'm sure most racers are kids who don't have that much experience. And banning someone for his stupidy for like a month is fine by me.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:39 PM, blabberbeak said:

It was a mess.

You said it had been a mess in past with no speed limit. OK, so do you think that minimum age limit (if it is possible to check) would help that? For example 25+? I'm sure most racers are kids who don't have that much experience. And banning someone for his stupidy for like a month is fine by me.

55 minutes ago, mikeuncass said:

TruckersMP has an age restriction which is determined by the Steam Subscriber Agreement ("You may not become a subscriber if you are under the age of 13.").

While raising the minimum age restriction for TruckersMP would be possible, it doesn't guarantee an improvement of the situation on the road.

To my knowledge, TruckersMP doesn't collect and/ or analyse data from which age-related rule violations or accident statistics could be derived. Consequently, excluding "teen drivers" from our international and multi-age community would be nothing more than a shot in the dark. Let's not forget that we mostly have very talented and sincere young drivers that we can still learn from.

In conclusion, I regard it a better idea to educate and teach instead of ban and exclude.

Archived