At what speed limit do you drive? Why?

Kabanoss [EST]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive 110 km/h because 80 km/h feels so slow in my opinion. But I always drive 90 km/h on the C-D Road since it's a safer speed to drive and it causes less accidents 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

I usually do 110 KM/H on highways for a couple reasons. First, my VTC does race miles on TrucksBook, which is if you do a job and you go over 100KM/H at some point. Second, I drive on Promods, and I am usually away from where most people are. Now on some roads like the C-D road I go whatever the flow of traffic is, because I don't like overtaking on that road. Kirkenes I usually go a max of 60 KM/H because of all the sharp bends, as well as the hills. Most other backroads though I'll do 90-110 KM/H, depending on how heavy my load is and how bendy the road is.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

Hey!

When driving in cities I follow the speed limit of 50km/h, outside of cities I usually drive the speed limit + 10km/h. So, for highways in Germany that'd mean 80km/h + 10km/h = 90km/h. I dislike speeding simply because it's unrealistic and more dangerous to do. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

On 7/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, Kabanoss [EST] said:

There's been alot of discussion around this question. Some people drive at 70KM/h, some at 110KM/h. I personally drive at 90KM/h and that's because a few things. I don't want to crash into people at high speeds and i just want to drive as realistic as possible, but not too slow. 

What do you think about different speed limits?

Well it depends from the cargo , i mean if i'm caring a heavy cargo i recently apply the road speed limit (60/80kmh) but if i'm free or i have a very light cargo i can go to 110 if none is around but i always take care about other players 

About 80/90 KPH. Sometimes I drive the 110 server limit if it's an empty highway and I just wanna get the job done xd.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I personally drive 90km. ? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

For me it is always a maximum of 90 km/h since that is what the IRL limit for trucks is in Europe anyways plus I used to drive IRL so I am comfortable with driving at that speed.

When driving with other VTC members or others in general usually between 85-90 km/h so that everyone can stay grouped together easier.

nightmare_se112.png

On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I respect all speed limits according to the GPS and to the trailer I'M hooked too, some support only 70kmh, some go to 80kmh, this is a trucking simulation, not need for speed, think we are too slow, go play NFS, Grid 2, Forza Horizon 4, and let us enjoy the truck simulation we love.

Pretty much sums up how I have started playing the last couple months, much more relaxing experience too. And less likely to get banned for crashing into others. I almost wish limits were enforced on C-D road like they are in cities. Most accidents are because people dont like to wait and pass when its unsafe.

Archived