At what speed limit do you drive? Why?

Kabanoss [EST]

There's been alot of discussion around this question. Some people drive at 70KM/h, some at 110KM/h. I personally drive at 90KM/h and that's because a few things. I don't want to crash into people at high speeds and i just want to drive as realistic as possible, but not too slow. 

What do you think about different speed limits?

1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people like to go according to the speed limit, for example I go 80-90 and it adds a very real feeling. Sometimes speed limits play a big role, for example, you go at 110 speed, then you can't take the corner and you hit the person on the opposite side, but when you go with 70-80, you take the corner, thus avoiding the collision to a large extent.

1 minute ago, Xristrucking said:

Yes indeed dude, it's been discussed a lot and there's even ongoing discussion about it now.

Personally I'm 90km/h everytime, 110km/h is the max limit.

I still remember when 160km to 180km/h was something quite normal in here , so it's great to see that limits have been reduced to a reasonable amount.

Love to hear that, i didn't even know that you could drive that fast back in the days. Oh, i didn't notice the ongoing discussion about the same topic ? That's my bad, first post on the forums. Hope y'all forgive me ?

4 minutes ago, XeoNN said:

Some people like to go according to the speed limit, for example I go 80-90 and it adds a very real feeling. Sometimes speed limits play a big role, for example, you go at 110 speed, then you can't take the corner and you hit the person on the opposite side, but when you go with 70-80, you take the corner, thus avoiding the collision to a large extent.

Yes, that's true. I do the same, i can't see the point in racing at 110KM/h.

1 hour ago, Kabanoss [EST] said:

Love to hear that, i didn't even know that you could drive that fast back in the days. Oh, i didn't notice the ongoing discussion about the same topic ? That's my bad, first post on the forums. Hope y'all forgive me ?

Yes, that's true. I do the same, i can't see the point in racing at 110KM/h.

You're welcome, enjoy your stay, drive safely and have a wonderful rest of your evening! ✌️

Like i did in Real Life, i keep the same Speedlimits in the Game, which means +/- 5 kph around the allowed Truck Speedlimits in the Countrys.

14 minutes ago, W4chund said:

Like i did in Real Life, i keep the same Speedlimits in the Game, which means +/- 5 kph around the allowed Truck Speedlimits in the Countrys.

9 minutes ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I respect all speed limits according to the GPS and to the trailer I'M hooked too, some support only 70kmh, some go to 80kmh, this is a trucking simulation, not need for speed, think we are too slow, go play NFS, Grid 2, Forza Horizon 4, and let us enjoy the truck simulation we love.

Agree to you both! Thank you for adding your point of view to this topic!

17 hours ago, Kabanoss [EST] said:

What do you think about different speed limits?

Speed limits are an important and necessary contribution to increase safety in road traffic.

However, speed limits shouldn't be followed blindly, because they are usually set for ideal conditions.

First and foremost, you should only drive as fast as you can constantly control your vehicle.

Additionally, you should always adapt your speed to

- the road traffic condition,

- the weather condition,

- the visibility condition,

- your personal driving skills,

- your truck and trailer, and

- your cargo.

Needless to say that I always follow the above given recommendation.

Heya,

I personally drive at whatever the Speed Limit currently is. However, can be adjusted if say the road is busy.

Exceptions are made when driving at convoys or with friends though, but even then I make sure to slow down a decent amount for corners.

Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.

On the Arcade servers. When no one is around I usually go 175kmh. On the Simulation servers I am a switch. I will end up going speed limit, some days I will be doing 110 in areas I can. 

I don't really have a set limit for myself as a whole, but as a rule of thumb, I'll stick to 90km/h max on smaller roads, and maybe lower if there is enough traffic. I've found it greatly reduces the chance of having an accident, as you have a lot more time to react and come to a stop if needed. On the other hand, if I'm on a motorway and it's not busy, I'll happily sit at the 110km/h limiter.

Of course, I always stick to the limits on single player, as I try to keep it more realistic.

TruckersMP Media Team :HaulieLove:

Archived