Do you follow speed limits?

ash.exe

Speed Limits  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you follow speed limits?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should truckers in ETS2 and ATS follow speed limits?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Callum455 said:

I don't stick to the speed limits to be exact as I can find the simulation to be a bit slow, for example 130KMH feels more like 110 IRL so I tend to go 10km over the speed limit to make it feel faster and personally more realistic. 

A wrong sense of speed might be caused by the setting of your point of view in the cockpit.

You might wanna check that in the F4 settings.

I am quite surprised most people here say they follow the speed limit. I'm not saying it's not true, but I'm just surprised. The reason I started going above the limit was that I got tired of always being overtaken by faster trucks. To a point I got enough and then decided to go the max speed I could do safely. Sure, that was a year or more ago, but still don't really feel I overtake many trucks.

Should people follow the speed limit? Well yes and no, in areas where there are no people, and you are confident in your limits then you can break the speed limits in my opinion. But in busy areas, I think you should follow the speed limit for the safety of others.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

7 hours ago, PallePuh said:

The reason I started going above the limit was that I got tired of always being overtaken by faster trucks.

Interesting!

Do you also get tired of being overtaken by passenger vehicles?

Do overtaking vehicles in general make you feel the urge to drive as fast as them, or even faster than them?

Do you feel inferior when you're being overtaken?

16 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Interesting!

Do you also get tired of being overtaken by passenger vehicles?

Do overtaking vehicles in general make you feel the urge to drive as fast as them, or even faster than them?

Do you feel inferior when you're being overtaken?

I'm sure there's some psychology going on behind it which I dont understand.

Passenger vehicles, do you mean like cars and busses? In that case, it depends. On what speed I'm doing, what's the max speed and what I feel I can do safely. If I'm doing 80 on a straight highway, then yes, I get tired of being overtaken. But if it's a smaller country road, where I feel I'm doing the speed I can do safely. Then I don't get tired. A prime example is if you are doing 80 on for example autobahn in Germany. That's pain in my opinion.

Does overtaking make me feel the urge to drive as fast as them, yes it does. Because I think like if they can, I can.  And also I guess it's a slight feeling of being inferior, but most importantly it feels like you're holding the traffic up when doing your speed. Like you are blocking it in a way.

But it's also important to separate a game from real life. A game where you know you can break the speed limit without doing something criminal. But in real life, when you know if you're speeding it's illegal, then you don't do it. At least I.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

For me it really depends what I'm driving with as cargo, and where I'm driving. I have no problem with going  110 kmh on motorway or straight roads when there isn't anyone in the near area. But if there is other drivers around I always follow a speed that I think is most suited for the situation.

In my personal opinion it's totally down to being able to drive safely. And in some areas you can drive 110 kmh and still being able to do it in a safe way. But I always respect driver wanting to go the speed-limit. So you'll never see me tailgate or write in the chat for a driver to speed up.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I do but now and again when on a long stretch of a motorway I'll put my foot down (TMP only this by the way)

I'd say it's fine on TMP especially when the majority of my time anyway I'm away from built up areas and in the wilderness alone. If I was say in C-D areas a lot I would definitely adhere more strictly but in my area of the game as I said it's very rare I come across many people.

I usually follow speed limits, but when I have delay on the job in the game I speed up also because I do want earn money at the end of my job and if i arrive at my destination with delay the game will not provide me money so the whole trip was just a wast of time and money ( money that I have spended for refuelling the truck).

But if I have time I enjoy the view by going low speed and following speed limits, on the other hand I will don´t want to risk a crash and ruin my whole job ?

Kind Regards

ManuMarSch

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like to take the time to thank everyone for their responses and opinions on following speed limits.

Although the game is a game (meaning nothing wrong with not following speed limits), it's still always good to keep other drivers safe, especially on bends, whether that be in real life or in TMP.

Stay safe everyone ?

banner

If it's a busy road such as C-D I will stick to about 80-85 but if the road is empty like say down in Italy then I tend to do 110 as the empty roads can get a boring after a while. It also depends if im carrying anything if I have a 20T load then I will do the speed limits so I'm at less risk of tipping my truck.

No I don't usually follow speed limits unless I'm in a Convoy thats going the speed limit, driving with a friend that is or when its very busy and traffic is all going the limit. I don't think speeding is an issue as long as you are able to control the truck/car at speed, have your game setting correct for speed like high breaking intensity and slow down for corners and slower traffic.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I always follow limits -- even in ATS where without NPC traffic (police speed traps) and any sort of random events you never get speeding tickets.  Keeps you in the right mindset for running World of Trucks jobs and VTC jobs. 

spacer.png

"Do, or do not, there is no try." --Jedi Master Yoda

Archived