Do you follow speed limits?

ash.exe

Speed Limits  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you follow speed limits?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should truckers in ETS2 and ATS follow speed limits?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't stick exactly to the speed limits, sometimes I go a bit over, sometimes a bit under. But not normally more than 10km/h over. (Except for the 60km/h areas, those are a little silly...I stick to 70-75 km/h for those.)

I've learned just how bad excess speed can be, having gotten enough bans and time into both ETS2 and ATS to teach me that.

24H4oa0.jpg

8 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

I've learned just how bad excess speed can be, having gotten enough bans and time into both ETS2 and ATS to teach me that.

Yeah. It's quite easy to cause an accident by speeding excessively. I, myself have got myself in many accidents in the past primarily due to speeding and poor steering control.

9 hours ago, Fanatico said:

Yes, I follow speed limits too. Even because the game already says: Euro Truck Simulator! The point is, I like the real simulation!

Having a bit of simulation in ETS2 or ATS is quite nice. Makes the game more realistic

6 hours ago, Xristrucking said:

:90: is my personal speed limit.

I guess that's the maximum speed? Sorry, I usually understand mph much better than km/h.

2 hours ago, кσяяα said:

I respect my own limit just so as not to cause an accident

As long as you have good steering control and of course judgement, I guess risks of accidents may be minimised.

Thank you all for the replies. I would also be interested about whether drivers in ETS2 should or should not follow speed limits and why. There might be one answer but I'd be interested to see what you think of drivers following speed limits.

Happy trucking!

banner

27 minutes ago, Ash_0104 said:

I guess that's the maximum speed? Sorry, I usually understand mph much better than km/h.

90km/h is the maximum speed if your're doing external market contracts and that's what I'm up to in these days.

110km/h is the maximum speed in general, and then you might see guys flying here and there. ?

1 hour ago, Ash_0104 said:

I would also be interested about whether drivers in ETS2 should or should not follow speed limits and why.

I advise to always follow the local speed limits provided by road signage, as it increases the safety of oneself and other road users.

Besides of that, following road traffic rules increases realism of the simulator and improves the game experience.

1 hour ago, Fuaad said:

I do follow speed limits on curvy roads, also on the famous C-D road and nearby ares. 

Always good to keep within the limits on busy areas. It's a good idea to also follow it near curves. The amount of times I've seen oncoming traffic cutting to the opposite lane due to their speed is shocking.

17 minutes ago, SavageElite said:

I never follow speed limit and always driving 20 km/h over irl ?

Do you think it's a bit dangerous speeding and why/why not?

banner

39 minutes ago, Ash_0104 said:

Always good to keep within the limits on busy areas. It's a good idea to also follow it near curves. The amount of times I've seen oncoming traffic cutting to the opposite lane due to their speed is shocking.

Do you think it's a bit dangerous speeding and why/why not?

Trust me, Swedish people do it every day on 110 km/h road, It close to autobahn there ?

I usually drive 110. But when I drive on the CD road I only drive 90 or 80. 

i think as long people are able to drive safely, they can drive over the speed limit, but when it isn’t save, they should stick to the limits. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Of course we try to go by obeying the speed limits. Otherwise an accident will be inevitable. However most people choose not to obeying and have an accident and then traffic occurs :110:. it has to return to the service constantly and it is a waste of time :kappa:.

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
v5UcIVb.pngZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

12 hours ago, Fast-rider said:

i think as long people are able to drive safely, they can drive over the speed limit, but when it isn’t save, they should stick to the limits. 

Of course!

9 hours ago, BMPellogia said:

I do follow SOME of them..

on ATS  i'm not going to drag myself across empty california at 55mph(88Km/h)on those areas i usually go around 65-70 mph.On ETS if i can go safely at 90KM/H at areas with a lower speed limit i will

A lot of areas in ATS are quite empty and so not much harm is done by overspeeding. The game is kinda underrated as well.

6 hours ago, Cute Fast said:

Of course we try to go by obeying the speed limits. Otherwise an accident will be inevitable. However most people choose not to obeying and have an accident and then traffic occurs :110:. it has to return to the service constantly and it is a waste of time :kappa:.

I personally obey speed limits, although in the past I used to drive at the maximum speed including at the CD road. What kinda frustrates me is that many drivers end up causing an accident, or cutting through the opposite lane around bends which all comes down to lack of judgement. However, it is somewhat understandable it can get boring to just stick to the speed limits.

Thank you all for the replies and votes. ?

banner

20 hours ago, Donovannn said:

I guess I just have the need for speed! So no, I do not follow speed limits unless necessary e.g convoys, c-d road etc.

Welp there's nothing wrong in having the need for speed in yours, even if that's not a truck racing game, as long as you do it safely, not causing any damage etc.

Speed is not that bad, it depends on how good or bad players can handle it.

I don't play these games as a racing competition or a time trial, it's true that the game sets a time for your delivery to be finished, but I've done many jobs going 70 Km/h maximum all of the time and didn't have problems to deliver in time.

So, yes, I follow the speed limits of the road I'm driving on and the trailer I'm hauling. This may sound silly, but if the trailer has a 70 or 80 sticker on its back, that will be my maximum speed, even if the has a higher limit. It's just the way I like the game. If I wanted to drive fast, I'd play other games where the goal is to drive fast.

4 hours ago, Xristrucking said:

Speed is not that bad, it depends on how good or bad players can handle it.

This is a very true fact and should open so many people's eyes who play TMP. TMP is not all about speeding to get to your destination the fastest, it's about being realistic with other online players. 

Archived