Suggestion for gameplay

Angelforgamers

On 8/17/2021 at 6:41 PM, Lime. said:

Increasing the speed limit is an awful idea. A while back the speed limit used to actually be 150km/h for simulation servers. This was changed to 110km/h within late 2019. This was during the Road to Simulation update. TruckersMP altered many of their game mechanics to help ensure a safer and more realistic experience for players. Another thing. What's the point of increasing the speed limit? In real life, trucks in Europe are limited to a speed of 90km/h. This is required by EU legislation. In TruckersMP you're limited to a speed of 110km/h which to be perfectly honest is fast enough. Additionally, on the rules page, it even states, "Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision."

I'd also like to point out the last suggestion you made. Once again, referring back to the Road to Simulation update, TruckersMP additionally introduced harsher punishments on players that break rules intentionally and commit violations due to negligence while driving. This was done to improve the driving quality and also to encourage players to pay more attention to the road.

To finalise, as the server suggests, it is a simulation server. Therefore, players are expected to drive in a caring and realistic manner. If you want to drive like a fool, feel free to join the arcade server.

I sadly disagree with you in the ban part of your reply,you said that players those who break rules internationally are punished but this is just the words or usual way the ban system must function but in reality every one including those who did it unintentionally are also banned.

Now to the speed limit part of your reply I am not asking for a 150kmph speed limit,I am just asking to increase it to around 130 kmph and nothing else.The majority of players want to be increased just slightly.

Players who break the rules should have been more careful. I don't care if they didn't mean to ram my truck, if they did it because of going too fast, running a stop sign or red light, merging too soon after overtaking, etc. they probably didn't have the "intention", but they still drove recklessly, so they will be reported and hopefully banned.

About the speed, it has been already said that MP allows trucks to go 20 Km/h faster than the EU top allowed speed for trucks. Why would they raise that to be 40 Km/h faster instead? What would it change other than more reckless drivers, more accidents because of lack of control at high speeds, more reports and more bans? Nothing. Those who now go 110 all of the time would go 130 all of the time, they'd be unable to overtake each other. The same exact problem as now, only faster.

And about "the majority"... How do you know what the majority wants? Have you asked a majority of players? Because I'm 100% certain that you didn't ask me. And if so many players really want to drive faster, why are the Arcade servers 99% empty since they were created? Let me guess... "Speed without collisions is not fun". But speed with collisions is only fun for the speeder, at least until they are banned for a couple of weeks, then it's "unfair", "unintentional", "too harsh"...

15 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

I sadly disagree with you in the ban part of your reply,you said that players those who break rules internationally are punished but this is just the words or usual way the ban system must function but in reality every one including those who did it unintentionally are also banned.

In TruckersMP, rule violations are basically caused by either ordiary negligence or by willful/ wanton negligence.

Both are punishable, because both fall within the scope of a rule violation.

The severity of punishment however depends on the incident and can vary.

Ordinary negligence is usually lighter punished, because in comparison to willful/ wanton negligence where the perpetrator acts intentionally and with the goal to harm another person, the perpetrator acts unaware with lack of care or attention.

Good evening everyone !!!!
from my point of view, the speed limit would have to be increased to 130km, for the best safety of all....why? because some drivers when they are at 80km do not take their foot off the accelerator for the driver behind to make a safe overtaking. many of these drivers accelerate when they are going to be passed, thus equaling the speed of those who want to pass them and causing accidents without their being to blame..
I suggest changing TEST to 130km, if the accidents continue, leave it as it was at 110km...
when you didn't have the speed limiter, many accidents happened not because of the high speed itself, but because of the experience of some drivers who didn't slow down on tight corners !!!!

That must be the dumbest reason ever to increase the limits. Those people who now accelerate to 110 when you start overtaking will do the same thing, only they'll accelerate to 130. The best safety of all, no doubt. And just so you know, a player doing 80 Km/h (or 60 or 90) does NOT have to take their foot off the gas, they just have to keep their speed. If you see someone going slower, take it easy, wait for a bit to make sure that their speed is steady and they're not accelerating. Only then, try the overtaking. If you see that they start accelerating, hit the brakes, go back behind, take video and report them for reckless driving. That's what this thing in the rules is meant for: Baiting other players into accidents will not be tolerated and is punishable

Welp, I'm recently kinda active on C-D and telling you honestly, I appreciate those who keep their speed 60 to 80, even if there's a long queue building up behing them, I respect their sim way of driving. That's not a racing game, to clarify it once again.

Meanwhile I notice a lot of impatient guys, rushing it up, reckless overtaking etc.

So to summarise it, I'm also 60 to 110, depening on traffic and circumstances.

Drive safely, enjoy your gameplay! :mlg_doge:

4 hours ago, vinnyW said:

from my point of view, the speed limit would have to be increased to 130km, for the best safety of all....why? because some drivers when they are at 80km do not take their foot off the accelerator for the driver behind to make a safe overtaking. many of these drivers accelerate when they are going to be passed, thus equaling the speed of those who want to pass them and causing accidents without their being to blame..
I suggest changing TEST to 130km, if the accidents continue, leave it as it was at 110km...
when you didn't have the speed limiter, many accidents happened not because of the high speed itself, but because of the experience of some drivers who didn't slow down on tight corners !!!!

Additionally to what @FernandoCR [ESP] has already stated correctly, I'd like to add the following.

A road user who intends to overtake has to drive at a significant higher speed than the one he intends to overtake.

The reason of this requirement is to shorten the time of the overtaking maneuver. This is especially important on roads with two or less lanes. The earlier the overtaking road user leaves the oncoming lane, the safer.

The problem is, the server speed limit applies to all vehicles.

Ergo, if it would be increased, all vehicles could drive at a higher maximum speed.

This however isn't expedient for overtaking maneuvers.

A safe overtaking maneuver requires more than speed. All involved road users play their part in it, and all of them have to cooperate.

The road user who intends to overtake has to ensure that no other road user is put at risk during the whole overtaking maneuver.

The road user being overtaken mustn't accelerate while being overtaken.

Furthermore, it is recommended to drive on the outermost edge of the lane to give more room for the overtaking road user. It can also be taken into consideration to temporarely slow down or even stop at a safe area to make a safe overtaking possible. 

To sum it up, everyone involved has to contribute to a safe overtaking maneuver. 

It's not a one man show.

12 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

That must be the dumbest reason ever to increase the limits. Those people who now accelerate to 110 when you start overtaking will do the same thing, only they'll accelerate to 130. The best safety of all, no doubt. And just so you know, a player doing 80 Km/h (or 60 or 90) does NOT have to take their foot off the gas, they just have to keep their speed. If you see someone going slower, take it easy, wait for a bit to make sure that their speed is steady and they're not accelerating. Only then, try the overtaking. If you see that they start accelerating, hit the brakes, go back behind, take video and report them for reckless driving. That's what this thing in the rules is meant for: Baiting other players into accidents will not be tolerated and is punishable

when you are without a trailer it is easy to pass someone who is within 80km, but when you are with a trailer it is difficult to pass, it is dangerous... that is the question...
if you take into account your statement that everyone will walk at the speed limit, no one should overtake because everyone will be at the limit... you have to take into account trailer size, load weight and truck power!!!

another thing you said "if the driver in front accelerates, brake and go back to the previous position (behind him)", then another problem occurs, the 3.4.5.... truck coming behind won't let you return...

If it is dangerous to overtake, don't try it. Simple.
I didn't say that everyone will go at the speed limit, I said that the trolls who accelerate when you start overtaking them don't care if the limit is 90, 110 or 130, they'll do the same thing whichever the limit is.

So are all of those 3, 4, 5 trucks coming behind accelerating too? Because if they aren't, when the one you are overtaking accelerates, it creates a gap with the trucks behind. And if they are, hit the brakes harder and pray that no one comes from the other side of the road before you can safely merge into your lane. And then, get video, report and have all of those trolls banned for reckless driving. Of course, it could be you the one banned for reckless driving if you tried to overtake a line of trucks in certain places (and we can all guess where this kind of situations is more likely to happen, not in highways, that's for sure).

On 8/26/2021 at 1:37 AM, vinnyW said:

when you are without a trailer it is easy to pass someone who is within 80km, but when you are with a trailer it is difficult to pass, it is dangerous... that is the question...
if you take into account your statement that everyone will walk at the speed limit, no one should overtake because everyone will be at the limit... you have to take into account trailer size, load weight and truck power!!!

another thing you said "if the driver in front accelerates, brake and go back to the previous position (behind him)", then another problem occurs, the 3.4.5.... truck coming behind won't let you return...

I strongly agree with you

On 8/25/2021 at 9:01 AM, vinnyW said:

Yes I also think that truckersmp should increase speed limit to 130 and revert back to 110 if things get worse 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, Angelforgamers said:

Suggestion- Increase the speed limit 

Solve the server 1 issues

Increase the capacity of           server 1.

Ease the harsh ban rules

@mwl4 @ShawnCZek

*sigh*

1. Its fine, go play on arcade if you dont like the speed on sim 1.

2. Use sim 2, or just go play on arcade.

3. If it has issues, why increase its capacity...

4. There only harsh if you dont drive properly. Learn to drive and it wont be an issue. Or...just go play on arcade ?

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived