Suggestion for gameplay

Angelforgamers

1. Increasing the speed limiter won't help, neither will decreasing it. I think they picked a reasonable speed for outside overpopulated areas, I just wish they would enforce lower limits in the way overpopulated areas.

Keep in mind that in real life, the majority of countries say either a maximum limit of anywhere between 80km/h-100km/h for trucks.

2. The lag issues on EU Sim 1 (and the other servers) are pretty much out of TruckersMP's control unless they switch server providers, but I don't think they have a reason to. Just play EU Sim 2 like nearly everyone else if its an issue.

3. It's been brought up many times, they would increase the player numbers if it was as easy as just changing a number, but it isn't that easy.

4. They are as harsh as they need to be...There should be no reason for someone to have 3 or more active bans. You're obviously not putting enough care into following the rules if it's that bad.

Plus, the moderators choose the time for your first 3 active bans, you have to be either causing major accidents or clearly trolling to get harsh bans on your first three.

24H4oa0.jpg

Hello there @Angelforgamers

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP forums. I really appreciate you are next person, who wants to improve TruckersMP. 

Anyway,

I would like to add, that if ,,we" want to create some, we have to follow some suggestion posted by Staff, which I have posted below.

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Please also see this topic: 

More informations regarding new 1.41 upcomming update can be found here:  

All suggestions MUST be written in English! 

Kind Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

HR Staff of GB I TruckersMP Veteran Driver II

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

6 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

1. Increasing the speed limiter won't help, neither will decreasing it. I think they picked a reasonable speed for outside overpopulated areas, I just wish they would enforce lower limits in the way overpopulated areas.

Keep in mind that in real life, the majority of countries say either a maximum limit of anywhere between 80km/h-100km/h for trucks.

2. The lag issues on EU Sim 1 (and the other servers) are pretty much out of TruckersMP's control unless they switch server providers, but I don't think they have a reason to. Just play EU Sim 2 like nearly everyone else if its an issue.

3. It's been brought up many times, they would increase the player numbers if it was as easy as just changing a number, but it isn't that easy.

4. They are as harsh as they need to be...There should be no reason for someone to have 3 or more active bans. You're obviously not putting enough care into following the rules if it's that bad.

Plus, the moderators choose the time for your first 3 active bans, you have to be either causing major accidents or clearly trolling to get harsh bans on your first three.

Couldn't agree more! The speed limiter as it is right now is perfect to balance the various traffic levels in-game around the map. I only wish people actually followed the actual speed limit and only used the extra amount allowed by the limiter for passing only. Kind of annoying when a lot of people go full throttle all the time. 

I disagree with increasing the speed limiter. By increasing the speed limiter, more accidents could occur especially around busy areas such as Calais. If you want an increase in the speed limits, I suggest you play on the Arcade servers instead.

Even if people may assume the rules may seem too harsh, they are there for a reason: To reduce the amount of incidents relating to trolling or behaviour. Imagine what the game would be like if rules are relaxed a bit. Do you think you would want to play in a game where there are too many people trolling and interfering with your gaming experience?

I do understand Simulation 1 can be quite annoying due to its instability. Unfortunately, as Phoenix mentioned:

12 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

Simulation 2 is just as fun as Simulation 1 so I suggest you continue playing on this server until the issue has been rectified.

banner

• Community Moderation Manager

Hello @Angelforgamers,

First of all, thank you for creating a topic in our "General Discussion" section.

Please note that this section only is meant for discussions and not for suggestions.
If you want to make a suggestion about certain things that you would like to see implemented in the future, you will have to create a topic here(except discord suggestions)
(When creating a suggestion there, you will have to follow our suggestion format.) 

Since your topic is created in our "General Discussion" section, we only are able to discuss the content of your topic. Nothing more. Bear in mind that our Community Managers will not review your suggestion here, since we have a separate section for suggestions. 

Furthermore, I kindly would ask you to not ping our developers again - they don't deal with suggestions. 

Thank you for your understanding!
If you may have any questions, feel free to DM me.

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:39 AM, Angelforgamers said:

Suggestion- Increase the speed limit 

Solve the server 1 issues

Increase the capacity of           server 1.

Ease the harsh ban rules

@mwl4 @ShawnCZek

So ehm, I'm interfering once again.

1 - Limits are now set on a reasonable measurement.

2- If S1 is not alright, you can use S2, crowd is there.

3 - Capacity will be increased only if really necessary.

4- It's a way of preventing misbehaviour.

What else to say?

I disagree with all of your suggestions.

G'day!

On 8/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, Angelforgamers said:

An increase in speed limit would help in safer overtakes.

An increase in speed doesn't help with overtakes. What makes overtaking safe is making sure you have enough room between you and everybody else. Also, in general, it isn't safe to overtake on country roads where it's one lane in each direction as you often can't tell if someone else is in the oncoming lane.  Generally overtaking is safe to do only on roads with two or more lanes traveling in the same direction. 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:05 AM, Angelforgamers said:

And increased speed limit would affect all vehicles equally and lead to the same scenario we face already today, namely multiple users driving at the maximum possible speed next to each other. It will make the overtaking maneuver not safer, because they get stuck at an even higher speed.

And the longer an overtaking maneuver takes, the more dangerous it becomes.

Unless one decides to slow down and let the other overtake, or the other stopping the attempt to overtake.

5 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

Gta5 to be specific ?

Gta5 to be specific ?

Now you tell me why from your point of view they shall increase the speed limit?

There was 160 to 180 back then, everyone complaining.

Now it's been reduced to a reasonable amount, still we hear complaints from here and there.

Guess what? TMP can't satisfy everyone.

But still, they already found a way of how to deal with overspeeding.

9 minutes ago, Xris_TMP said:

Now you tell me why from your point of view they shall increase the speed limit?

There was 160 to 180 back then, everyone complaining.

Now it's been reduced to a reasonable amount, still we hear complaints from here and there.

Guess what? TMP can't satisfy everyone.

But still, they already found a way of how to deal with overspeeding.

Look man speed isn't the only factor causing accidents.Did accidents reduce after the speed limit ? No,It didn't .Thing I it depends on the mindset players like whether they want to overtake a truck is coming from opposite etc

Speed isn't the only factor, but it's one of the most relevant ones regarding accidents. Both in the game and in real life. Did accidents decrease after the speed limits were lowered? Yes, from what I could see, they did and big time. People who want to drive full speed can control their trucks a lot better at 110 that they did at 150 or faster. About overtaking with oncoming traffic, that will happen at 110, at 180 or at 70 Km/h. It's sad but true that many people see a wheel and they only can think that they are in a race against everyone else on the circuit road.

The speed limit is not the only factor that causes accidents. Besides, those who think that it will be useful in overtaking are wrong.

As in real life, if someone is overtaking you, you have to take your foot off the gas, not step on the gas. If you have a race, you can race at 110 km, at 110 km.

" never give up "

So let's talk about speed, if you wanna.

No matter if you drive on 100 or 300, accidents happen and most of times they're caused by the human factor, less experience on the road, improper handling of situations, lack of cautiousness etc.

But, as @FernandoCR [ESP] already mentioned above, the risk is less lower when going on reduced speeds.

*tell me if not*

On 8/1/2021 at 7:05 AM, Angelforgamers said:

true
before it was much easier to overtake
a person traveling at 60 km / h is much easier to overtake when the person passing them has a higher speed, for example 150 km / h instead of 110 km / h.
I see a lot of accidents because of this but also because of people driving at a very low speed like 60km / h so as to intentionally create a crowd behind.

2 minutes ago, кσяяα said:

true
before it was much easier to overtake
a person traveling at 60 km / h is much easier to overtake when the person passing them has a higher speed, for example 150 km / h instead of 110 km / h.
I see a lot of accidents because of this but also because of people driving at a very low speed like 60km / h so as to intentionally create a crowd behind.

So I assume that you're talking about C-D in particular.

60km/h is the lowest speed limit on C-D, so you can't blame anyone for 'holding up traffic' or call it as you wanna, they're driving sim way.

In the end of story, it's up to you to decide to follow the queue or to attempt an overtake.

Drive safely! : )

Increasing the speed limit is an awful idea. A while back the speed limit used to actually be 150km/h for simulation servers. This was changed to 110km/h within late 2019. This was during the Road to Simulation update. TruckersMP altered many of their game mechanics to help ensure a safer and more realistic experience for players. Another thing. What's the point of increasing the speed limit? In real life, trucks in Europe are limited to a speed of 90km/h. This is required by EU legislation. In TruckersMP you're limited to a speed of 110km/h which to be perfectly honest is fast enough. Additionally, on the rules page, it even states, "Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision."

I'd also like to point out the last suggestion you made. Once again, referring back to the Road to Simulation update, TruckersMP additionally introduced harsher punishments on players that break rules intentionally and commit violations due to negligence while driving. This was done to improve the driving quality and also to encourage players to pay more attention to the road.

To finalise, as the server suggests, it is a simulation server. Therefore, players are expected to drive in a caring and realistic manner. If you want to drive like a fool, feel free to join the arcade server.

Archived