Game Development Update

mwl4

2 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

The problem why players are annoyed with truckersmp very harsh bans like for spamming horn 10 days of ban and the permanent ban is the most reason why players are annoyed.Permanent ban means they can't play again,its their total waste of money.Players are decreasing in truckersmp because of permanent ban.Its high time that you remove permanent ban and look towards the happiness of community. @mwl4

I wish scs makes dedicated servers with 5000 capacity,we will shift then because its the official multipayer and its full of quality unlike truckersmp where below poor synchronization,bugs etc are there.

Moderation is an aspect of its own. 

The reason that these bans seem harsh to you, is because TruckersMP wants to guarantee the best experience for the players that follow the rules.
Some punishments might be high above of what you would expect, but TruckersMP moderation most  likely works different then other moderation in other games.

You can always open up a feedback ticket to GMM and put in your concerns there.

2 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

The problem why players are annoyed with truckersmp very harsh bans like for spamming horn 10 days of ban and the permanent ban is the most reason why players are annoyed.Permanent ban means they can't play again,its their total waste of money.Players are decreasing in truckersmp because of permanent ban.Its high time that you remove permanent ban and look towards the happiness of community. @mwl4

I wish scs makes dedicated servers with 5000 capacity,we will shift then because its the official multipayer and its full of quality unlike truckersmp where below poor synchronization,bugs etc are there.

There's always one like this, I suppose.

A permanent ban can easily be avoided. The idea is to at least behave, and it shouldn't be given. This is why we give several chances. If they blow through them all, how is that on us?

They can't play TMP again, indeed, but they can play the game itself. Don't forget, we're only a Multiplayer Mod. 

If SCS increases their player caps to such levels you suggest, they'll need their own moderation teams. I'm sure people will complain about that too. 

Mwl has mentioned that these things will be worked on, and you're still commenting on it.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 3

Thank you for taking the time to do this write up. It's great to have some clarification on the TMP project now that the official multiplayer mode has been released by SCS.

While I know it's an immense task, I really hope something like AI traffic will be prioritized. The world is very empty when you're driving in TMP and that's part of the reason why I quickly grow tired of playing here.

I hope the transition to a full time developer for TMP works out great for you mwl4. Thanks again for the update.

Thank you for your update, so I look forward to the big update coming soon. Thank you for your hard work. I will always support TMP team

Thanks to @mwl4 and @ShawnCZek for your great and hard work! It is very good that we have you!

However, I would like to say on my own that I don't expect AI traffic. Since at the moment this is not relevant for TruckersMP. If I want to ride with AI traffic, then I will go to the convoy mode from the SCS. One of the things I love about TruckersMP is that there are all real people in the game. You don't know how a stranger will behave as opposed to AI traffic. It adds interest, but my opinion.

I would like you to launch a survey on whether AI traffic is really needed now. And also, what problems the player may face if AI traffic is added. Since I believe that if the AI traffic is synchronized for everyone, then there will be unpleasant bugs that will be caused by this. For example, a sudden appearance of traffic in front of a truck, which will lead to a complete stop of the player's truck and, as a consequence, lead to an accident of the next trucks. Agree, it will not be good.

Best wishes, V8.

1 hour ago, Krewlex said:

A permanent ban can easily be avoided. The idea is to at least behave, and it shouldn't be given. This is why we give several chances. If they blow through them all, how is that on us?

They can't play TMP again, indeed, but they can play the game itself. Don't forget, we're only a Multiplayer Mod. 

If SCS increases their player caps to such levels you suggest, they'll need their own moderation teams. I'm sure people will complain about that too. 

Mwl has mentioned that these things will be worked on, and you're still commenting on it.

Well,

We get fast reported & banned for a long term for small things, ex; overtaking, tag, accidents, what can happen to anyone.. if we keep making them we'll end up permanently banned. 

Some players buy ETS specific for this multiplayer mod.

I bet that OG players all atleast once got banned or most of em, even if they have no intention of breaking TMP rules.

But I don't think you guys can do much about it because this has been the case for years and can't be changed so quickly, you just follow the system.

• True Story 1

13 minutes ago, galantisCC said:

Well,

We get fast reported & banned for a long term for small things, ex; overtaking, tag, accidents, what can happen to anyone.. if we keep making them we'll end up permanently banned. 

I bet that OG players all atleast once got banned or most of em, even if they have no intention of breaking TMP rules.

But I don't think you guys can do much about it because this has been the case for years and can't be changed so quickly, you just follow the system.

For sure, if people are reported and banned quick, it means there's no much of a backlog. That would make sense given the current player count due to the update issues. 

It can indeed add up to people getting quite long bans. It would require a lot of work if that was to change. 

Many, including myself, play the game because this is here. Many seem to attribute whatever happens to us, rather than simply going to play the game itself. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Krewlex said:

In SCS mp also the one who starts the lobby is the admin there and can add other moderators to kick or ban people out of session your in that moment. Its almost the same work as in Truckers MP but then you are responsible for the lobby that you are in. Im staying on truckers mp but needed to wait until update 1.41

But also great update

6 hours ago, Krewlex said:

At least I'm sure enough that scs won't give harsh bans and so called permanent bans,they wouldn't want to reduce online player count as that would affect their revenue as it will be a constant revenue source unlike the offline version.More over people won't  complain because they have gone through much bad in truckersmp and official multuplayer would feel a cherry on the top of cake for them.

6 hours ago, Krewlex said:

We the players make truckersmp  The truckersmp so we want to express our thoughts.

2 hours ago, galantisCC said:

Well,

I agree with you @galantisCC unless and until most of the player raise the issue it isn't getting solved