Insurance

jamesmace1967

Hey there,

I understand that it's frustrating when another driver crashes into you and damages your truck. There is a nifty little command called /fix which repairs your truck, however it only works when you have a trailer attached.

I don't think that having insurance implemented into TMP is going to do anything to help reduce the amount of accidents that occur on the road, unfortunately, because accidents are generally caused by lack of respect to road rules and other drivers.

Take care and drive safely! ?

53 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Hey there,

I understand that it's frustrating when another driver crashes into you and damages your truck. There is a nifty little command called /fix which repairs your truck, however it only works when you have a trailer attached.

I don't think that having insurance implemented into TMP is going to do anything to help reduce the amount of accidents that occur on the road, unfortunately, because accidents are generally caused by lack of respect to road rules and other drivers.

Take care and drive safely! ?

Agree with quoted comment.

Implementing insurance into TruckersMP is just something I can't imagine happening.

The improvements would be minor, and most people save edit money anyways.

I know better than to speak for others, however, I'm sure the TruckersMP Team are doing what they can to avoid this happening.

IMO; I believe that if everyone followed the laws of the country, speed limits, and TMP rules, accidents would be minimal to none, but there's always people that will feel impatient or feel a sudden need to intentionally ram, I guess.

Title.thumb.png.8bff22ce7e448a67505c17f01a954a2c.png

C.E.O of Beep Beep Trucks VTC

Est. 2021

Discord | Website

6 hours ago, jamesmace1967 said:

Need to include insurance into the game and everyone has to carry it to play. Its total BS when someone crashes into you and destroys your truck and you have to pay major money to repair it.

What TruckersMP needs to include are server-sided, non-tweakable user profiles (no altering of money, experience, etc.).

If users have to finish delieveries to earn money (like they are supposed to), trolls and reckless driving players whose sole intention is to cause mayhem will sooner than later run out of money. Without it they won't be able to fix their damaged vehicles nor buy new vehicles and eventually disappear from the streets.

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

What TruckersMP needs to include are server-sided, non-tweakable user profiles (no altering of money, experience, etc.).

If users have to finish delieveries to earn money (like they are supposed to), trolls and reckless driving players whose sole intention is to cause mayhem will sooner than later run out of money. Without it they won't be able to fix their damaged vehicles nor buy new vehicles and eventually disappear from the streets.

That won't really fix the problem as they could just create a new profile. Besides, even if the amount of profiles is limited, the amount of data space that would take up would be way too much and not really cost-effective. I'd rather see them use their money to go toward devs and general server upkeep and improvements. 

As far as the insurance thing goes, that also wouldn't really fix anything and wouldn't really be feasible to add. Like what @Ruffian had mentioned, /fix is a good way to repair any damage after a troll. Also, what I've found is that if you don't go near the C-D Road, the chances of you coming across a troll that rams into you is quite low ?. Sure its less players, but its also way more enjoyable. 

Wait a minute, when someone distrupts your gameplay, by intentionally ramming at you or whatever and you report him/her afterwards, getting him punished for the wrongdoings, isn't that sill some kind of *insurance*?

At least you won't be so much angry when you know that a troll or a reckless mind has been dealt with already by the administration.

As mentioned above, /fix and 'recording / reporting ' is your resort and paying insurance won't be happening, cause TMP's got no server-side economy, thus so many players use boosted- up cash and xp (which is clearly allowed by the rules).

G'day, take care of yourself! 

What about some kind of test/exam that you need to complete in order to be able to play in it? I'm a newbie, and last time I played TMP was about two years ago. Lately I got into ETS2 again and have been playing single-player just so I can get better at the game in order to be a better player in multiplayer. Having some type of test that you must fulfill to prove that you're a decent person and not just there to troll would drastically improve everyone's experience in multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived