Launcher cannot find required .dll Files

Magentilized

Question

Since with the help from others, I have done this activation thing. But as I tried to launch the game, this happend: "(X) The execution of the code cannot continue because
fmod. dll, steam_api64.dll and fmodstudio.dll is not found. By reinstalling
the program may be able to fix the problem."

Then I have installed the required files and added it to the game's properties... But it still didn't work!

So I reinstalled it, but the same occured. 

Is there something I have to unpack etc.?

Tips would be great!

Magentilized

8 answers to this question

Hey there,

These files are in your main game installation area within the 'bin' folders.

I would personally suggest either verifying your game files (try this first as it doesn't take very long) or reinstalling the main game through Steam.

Make sure to use the same file directory so you don't have another issue where the launcher can't find your game ? (This is quite easy to fix but just to save yourself the hassle).

Kindly,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Magentilized said:

@Stubborn__

Thanks! This Tip helped! Another Question: Do you also need your "Two-factor Authentication" enabled?

KR,

Magentilized

Glad to hear your issue has been solved ? 

Regarding "Two-factor Authentication": It isn't a must, but it's for your own accounts security ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

• HaulieLove 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there!

Please uninstall and re-install your TruckersMP launcher, by following the below instructions:

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes (""))
3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
5. Navigate to C:\Documents\ and delete the folders named "ETS2MP" and "ATSMP"
6. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

When installing the TruckersMP launcher, keep the launcher on your C drive, don't install it to a different drive (If you do, you can risk experiencing many different problems/errors) ?

You can see how to install the launcher here: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/18
On the first picture you'll see 'Select Destination Location'. This is where to install the TruckersMP launcher.
I advise you not to touch it ?

Other than that, there's nothing else to worry about, just follow the rest of the instructions, and you should be good to go ?

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

• Woah! 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi.

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

Hello there,

We are glad to hear that your problem has been solved.
Thank you, to all who participated. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Caramba2412
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Solved.

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader