Some guys are increasing speed when overtaken

Hi, in the roads some guys are increasing speed when trying overtake. For example my friend tried to overtake someone, but The one who was overtaken increased speed from 77 to 100, of course, the accident was inevitable. 

Note. According to Vienna Convention on Traffic Rules, Article 11

10. A driver who perceives that a driver following him wishes to overtake him shall, except in the case provided for in Article 16, paragraph 1 (b) of this Convention, keep close to the edge of the carriageway appropriate to the direction of traffic and refrain from accelerating

Are these events regulated in truckersmp? What do you think?

The video of event;  

Dear [Türk Logistics]Mahammad, it's great to see that you're recording all of your trips.

What I may tell you for sure is that whoever's speeding up when being overtaken is doing something unacceptable and just being yet another  a****e on the road.

However, I assume that eventual punishment may vary from kick to ban most likely if there's a collision involving you or someone else nearby 'cause of the 'speeding up when being overtaken'.

Since you record everything, you'll always be able to get your videoproof and report it afterwards on the website.

Drive safely, enjoy your day!

Accelerating while being overtaken is not only annoying, but it's also dangerous. The accident was fully avoidable. All the recording player had to do was to keep the speed constant while being overtaken.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Hello @[Türk Logistics] Mahammad,

To answer your question, the Game Moderation team would deal with the situation appropriately should they be notified. What they did was both irritating and dangerous and I disapprove of their actions. They should not have sped up to intentionally and blatantly block someone else overtaking them, that is a violation of TMP's rules.

The accident would've been completely evitable if they had they stuck to their speed whilst your friend was overtaking them. People who have no consideration of other drivers on the road shouldn't be driving at all.

Take care and drive safely! ?

Hello,

Unfortunately some people enjoy doing this I understand you very well. ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Hello.

I had a similar incident, the player was moving at 70-75 speed than me and the speed limit was 80, so I tried to pass him on the left in a controlled way. However, as I tried to pass, it started to accelerate and prevented me from passing.

So every driver should be careful about this, If there's a player trying to pass you, let them pass. :))

Hi!

I agree with pretty much everyone here. It's very dangerous to accelerate as the recording vehicle was preventing the overtaking vehicle from returning into the normal driving lane. Assuming the Renault truck needed to move back, because of the no-overtaking sign & solid white line, the Scania (Recording driver) should have slowed down and let the Renault merge into the lane.

The Scania driver that accelerated has demonstrated irresponsible behaviour here, trying to compete against the Renault to keep the space. They may have done this because they don't want to feel insulted by someone overtaking them or they just wanted to be in front of them. People should be cooperating with each other to make driving in TMP safe, not competing against each other. I highly suggest you get this reported/appealed if recorded.

banner

To accelerate ones vehicle while being overtaken is considered as  reckless driving, because it puts other road users in danger.

Reckless driving is a violation of the in-game rules and if reported will be punished accordingly.

On the other hand, the player who intends to overtake has also to make sure that it's safe to do so and that no other road user is endangered during the whole overtaking maneuver.

Furthermore, the player who intends to overtake has to drive at a considerable higher speed than the player being overtaken.

He mustn't force the other player to slow down or force his way back to the lane.

An overtaking maneuver is difficult and requires experience, situational awareness and mutual consideration.

I fully agree with you, it's both annoying and dangerous. And as an official staff member said, it would be handled by Game moderators.

Sadly, it won't stop it from happening, and the same happens in real life too. I don't know why they do it. I'm guessing it might be because they think being overtaken is the end of the world. Or they think it'll resolve the situation better. A lack of education, maybe. Hopefully this post can educate more people.

As you said, it's fully illegal, yes. You're not allowed to make an overtaking harder or block an overtaking.

In the future, if you see someone increasing the speed when being overtaken, then I would recommend cancelling the overtaking. Hit the brakes if safe to do so, and join in after the truck. Because even if you didn't do anything wrong and the other driver at fault. You are still responsible to make any attempt to avoid an accident. That is also in the rules. Also, it's generally good behaviour. ?. It saves you from getting damage and needing to f7 / reload save or do a "/fix".

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Everyone is obliged to avoid accidents, obviously accelerated behavior is illegal

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Additionally, I'd like to point out that the overtaking user "Tekno Ocak" violates Article 11, paragraph 2 (d) of the Road Traffic Convention, which states

2.Before overtaking, every driver shall, without prejudice to the provisions of Article 7, paragraph 1, or to those of Article 14, of this Convention, make sure:

(d)That, except when using a lane closed to oncoming traffic, he will be able, without inconvenience to the road-user or road-users overtaken, to resume the position prescribed in Article 10, paragraph 3, of this Convention.

Article 10, paragraph 3 states:

3.Without prejudice to the provisions to the contrary of Article7, paragraph1, Article11, paragraph6, and to other provisions of this Convention to the contrary, every driver of a vehicle shall, to the extent permitted by circumstances, keep his vehicle near the edge of the carriageway appropriate to the direction of traffic. However, Contracting Parties or subdivisions thereof may lay down more precise rules concerning the position of goods vehicles on the carriageway.

He wrongly estimates the length of his truck-trailer combination and consequently collides with the vehicle being overtaken.
This stays true independent of the other users speed.

^ The player in question was expecting the Scania driver to keep the speed, or even slow down. The collision occurred, because the Scania driver, who was recording the incident was accelerating despite being overtaken, which is violation of Article 11, paragraph 10, which states:

10. A driver who perceives that a driver following him wishes to overtake him shall, except in the case provided for in Article 16, paragraph 1 (b) of this Convention, keep close to the edge of the carriageway appropriate to the direction of traffic and refrain from accelerating.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

at the moment of acceleration it goes downhill. you have to reckon with that.

if pararaphs are used as an argument here, a maximum of 60 is allowed at this point.

ramming is also not allowed. You are also obliged to avoid an accident, but you don't, instead you ram it.

both guilty because you are not interested in traffic regulations.

1 hour ago, I-P-S said:

at the moment of acceleration it goes downhill. you have to reckon with that.

if pararaphs are used as an argument here, a maximum of 60 is allowed at this point.

ramming is also not allowed. You are also obliged to avoid an accident, but you don't, instead you ram it.

both guilty because you are not interested in traffic regulations.

Right lol.

Vienna convention on traffic rules used as argument for a racing incident?

I am dead.

I had an incident the other day when I was playing. I had my cruise control set to 68mph / 110km. My truck slowed down a bit as I was going up a hill and when it wasn't as steep the cruise control was going back up to the speed that was set. In that time I didn't realise a vehicle was overtaking me. So in my case it was a genuine mistake but I also think its up to the driver overtaking on a hill that maybe someone elses truck might be a bit slower on a hill for example.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:36 AM, Titanic4 said:

^ The player in question was expecting the Scania driver to keep the speed, or even slow down. The collision occurred, because the Scania driver, who was recording the incident was accelerating despite being overtaken, which is violation of Article 11, paragraph 10, which states:

It's irrelevant what the overtaking user expected from the user he intended to overtake. He has to adapt to the actual situation.

He misjudged the situation and length of his truck-trailer combination.

Don't get me wrong - accelerating while being overtaken is a violation of the rules as well.

I'd say both are guilty of reckless driving.

10 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

It's irrelevant what the overtaking user expected from the user he intended to overtake. He has to adapt to the actual situation.

He misjudged the situation and length of his truck-trailer combination.

Don't get me wrong - accelerating while being overtaken is a violation of the rules as well.

I'd say both are guilty of reckless driving.

I agree with you but what about if it was on a hill and the vehicle that was losing speed because of the hill then someone decides to overtake him but once the road is less steep the cruise control picks up speed again?

It is annoying to see people doing that kind of thing, the worst thing is that many do it with intention, putting at risk the safety of both the person who passes and the person who accelerates to avoid being overtaken. Generally I don't like to overtake, I almost always go with the speed limit and when I see that someone wants to pass me I always slow down.

JuanK.

39156329-role-Game-Moderator-1.webp | veteran-1.webp 

Forum Profile | Steam | TruckersMP Profile

Archived