How do you think the SCS 1.41 update for both games is going to effect the use of TMP?

Driver_Pneuma

I thought about this ever since the release of the open beta. Though I just didn't quite know the thoughts of others. In my opinion. TruckersMP might be used less if you are just wanting to drive with your friends or VTC members. This could cut down on the usage of Sim 2-3 servers. TruckersMP will become more of an option for people wanting to play with a larger quantity of people such as convoys. It can also be used as a mostly great driving experience. The other part being the people that hop on and only  cause trouble. Anyways, How do you think that this new update is going to effect TruckersMP. Do you think TruckersMP will become less popular? Or do you think this may even help TruckersMP and the players themselves. Share your thoughts!

-Driver_Pneuma

In my opinion

TruckersMP will remain a different platform. Its player will be as long as the game continues. Because the number of players will be less in the official MP. In one, you will play with 5000 people at the same time, while in the other you will play with maybe 100 people. This explains the difference between the two MultiPlayer. But I want to see npc server in TruckersMp

Thanks

Kind regards,
Slusher34
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About me: Forum Profile-TruckersMP Profile 

I dont think it will affect TMP too much as SCS will keep the Convoy feature too a small amount of players from what I've heard. I've also heard that it uses a peer-to-peer system meaning that the host of the convoy uses his connection as the server meaning that depending on his internet speed, other players may experience more lag especially if there are a lot of players. I think the majority of players though like the TMP community and will stick with using the mod. After all, whether somebody is a troll or not, every truck in TMP is a real person behind it and not AI and that's what I like about TruckersMP. 

With official multiplayer in ATS there's AI traffic, however since the system used is peer-to-peer, the maximum amount of players is limited to 8. TruckersMP can handle much more players playing at once due to client-server connection system. As a comparison: If TruckersMP had used p2p for connection as well, the amount of network traffic would increase quite dramatically, causing the entire network to slow down, not to mention the bottleneck on hardware side of each user.  

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I don't know where you guys play but since the beta started, ATS US Server unfortunately reduced the number of online players by almost a half and you can definitely feel it.

I personally haven't played the beta. The idea of AI mixed with players is something I always wanted but TMP couldn't do it, mostly because of AI sync and so many players plus pings from 10 to 300, so I guess i'll stick to the empty roads for now. Time will tell.

[ World of Trucks | TrucksBook | TwitchTV | Speed Limit ]

The release of SCS Software's Convoy multiplayer system for ATS and ETS2 won't affect the TruckersMP platform at all. Convoy sessions can only hold a small number of players and is utilized for use with friends, so therefore it can't really compete with the significantly larger community-based TMP.

17 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Convoy sessions can only hold a small number of players and is utilized for use with friends, so therefore it can't really compete with the significantly larger community-based TMP.

Well now it's been released offically for 24 hours, it's clear that at least 50% of the users were only using TMP because there was no alternative. 

spacer.png

As a former IRL driver now medically disqualified, I loved TMP because it brought back a little of the feeling of camaraderie out on the road that I miss so much.  However, since the "road to simulation" updates, I've stopped getting on TMP much because it's getting so artificial that it's actually moving further away from true simulation and becoming just another game.  I haven't spent much time in the Convoy mode, but in the few times I've used it, I've really enjoyed it.  Two things specifically:  I don't have to deal with wholly unrealistic trailers/ trailer combinations (double/triple detachable gooseneck lowboys, heavy equipment on flatbeds, etc.) and my simulated owner operator truck being electronically speed limited.  Both of those things absolutely killed immersion on TMP for me.  That being said, I occasionally still got on TMP to listen to the radio chatter in Vegas or Phoenix, and probably will still do that if/when TMP supports newer versions of ATS.

For me what blows is that when a new version comes out, even though it had been in beta for months. It takes TMP months to catch up. Like any game, gets a bit boring after awhile, and need to play something else for a change up. Since people come back to check out the new update, which is what I do, and or new DLC. With TMP being so far behind release dates. By the time TMP catches up. I am on to playing something else, until the next big update/dlc. Then the cycle repeats. So I simply rarely ever bother with TMP. Not to mention no traffic, no mods, cannot drive the older trucks. Being forced to drive only the new trucks is the biggest killer for me. I am old, and like to drive the old trucks. So I simply never play TMP. If they were only a few days behind the game updates/dlc releases, then I would probably be on TMP. But by the time TMP gets caught up, the newness has already worn off, so never get on TMP.

scs still under developing  but it will be very useful ones they add new features and increase player limit which they will increase it and they are gong  to support mods feature as well so I think it will be nice second  option for everyone

I don't think anything will change in TruckersMP because many want populated areas and want other players to know what you can't do on the SCS Multiplayer at the moment. Desigrur and SCS multipleyer has its advantages and a small example would be you can play with your friends adding modes and distractions on other maps such as Brasilia which is a huge map. But we hope that the population here will not decrease significantly.

Regards 

Pedro

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer of SCS cannot cope with TruckersMp ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

On 7/15/2021 at 10:15 AM, Ruffian said:

The release of SCS Software's Convoy multiplayer system for ATS and ETS2 won't affect the TruckersMP platform at all. Convoy sessions can only hold a small number of players and is utilized for use with friends, so therefore it can't really compete with the significantly larger community-based TMP.

Well, by the looks of it, it seems like the average player count on TMP has gone down quite a bit with the release of the 1.41 update. people may just be moving into private convoys just for a better experience. Looks Like TMP has some competition and needs to up the game in order to keep the playercounts high!

On 7/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, Emirhan kurt 29 said:

truckersmp should bring mod support   otherwise scs mp tmp can pass 

I would like to see the opportunity to use steam workshop items and custom mods in the scs MP. but as far as TMP goes. I think that will be harder to implement 

@trying not to get banned You can only be banned in SCS' Convoy mode if the player hosting the game decides to do so (I don't even know if this is possible) and if that happened, you can simply look for another Convoy game to join. Convoy mode's success or failure won't mean anything in regards to your permanent ban in TruckersMP, so if you want to play multi player again, Convoy mode is your only option.

Differences: TruckersMP has dedicated servers with up to 4800 other players, Convoy mode doesn't, the server is some player's PC and their internet connection and as of now, only 8 players can be in a convoy. TruckersMP doesn't have NPC traffic (yet) and Convoy mode does. TruckersMP only allows a couple of mods and supposedly Convoy mode will allow any.

The only way I see that Convoy mode would really compete with TruckersMP: SCS would need to open their own dedicated servers, powerful machines with powerful connections, to allow a large number of players at the same time. But this, with NPC and mods, would require (IMO) that they'd also need to create a dedicated team to maintain and moderate the servers. TruckersMP's team are 99.9% volunteers, unless SCS employees decided to volunteer too in order to run dedicated servers, I find it highly unlikely that they'd be able to keep dedicated servers without charging the users in some way. Of course, Patreon could be an option, but... I don't see the Convoy mode as a threat to TruckersMP, at least not in the near future.

Archived