Can Decrypt include a virus or malware?

krmdoccc

Basically the headline is my question. I would like to do save editing but I only see this program uploaded by users and I cannot trust it whether it has something harmful. Let me know if you know something about it. And also if you have a download page that is legit or official, i'd be appericated to download from there. 

Big Regards,

-krmdoc

You can get the most up-to-date and safest version of the sii decryptor with virtual speditor, which you can find on the SCS forum.

It comes with the program, since the program normally needs to use it to modify the saves.

Here's a link:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=199114

That's the most official source you can get it from, because unfortunately the original official sources no longer exist, or can no longer be accessed, aside from if you want to compile the program yourself from a git on github, which is very out of date. (Here: https://github.com/JhowDroid/SII_Decrypt)

24H4oa0.jpg

I have used both Sii_decrypt and TS.SE Tool to decrypt a save game.

I don't know if they contained something bad like virus or malware, but I don't think so. I've used them for a while and I haven't noticed everything out from the normal. Furthermore, haven't any of the antivirus programs I use detected something.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

12 hours ago, krmdoc said:

I only see this program uploaded by users and I cannot trust it whether it has something harmful. Let me know if you know something about it. And also if you have a download page that is legit or official, i'd be appericated to download from there.

As far as I know, this isn't official modding tool, because sii files in the game archives are not normally encrypted, only those in the profile folder are, which were not meant to be modified.

There is no "official" download.

Like @P h o e n i x said, that virtual speditor is your best bet and closest to "official" download, because the original author of the decrypt tool has abandoned it some time ago - notice the link to the decrypt tool will only lead to login page, becasue it is inaccessible to public as per request by the author.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived