How to properly pass another truck!

Hello and thank you for coming and reading this topic that I have created for the community. I have learned over the time that I have been on TruckersMP that some drivers think that this game is something like NASCAR or Grand Theft Auto V. Now I drive with a logitech G29 wheel and pedals and it makes driving so much easier and enjoyable. Now when traveling down the road I am always looking in my mirrors to make sure the area around me is safe and clear. When I come up on another vehicles that is ahead of me but traveling slower I have a few things that I run through my mind. (1). Is there a turnoff that is coming up and what are the chances they might turn? (2). Do I have the proper speed and power to safely pass them and merge back infront of them without cutting them off? (3). Is the pass really worth it currently or should I just peace myself and wait until they turn off? (4). Could I possibly contact them in game and ask them to move over so I can safely pass. 
When passing another truck keep in mind there is such a thing called Desync and sometimes what you see is not what the other driver sees. So if you pass someone I would at least suggest looking at your mini map and once that blue dot disappears that means you have significant room and space to merge back over. Make sure to properly use your indicator to warn and indicate that you are preparing to move back over and make sure that when you pass them you have the ability, speed and momentum to do so in such a safe manner that it does not cause a conflict between you and the other driver. 

1. You could try using the CB. Either they won't be on your channel or they might not understand your language.
  2. Try textchat. The message shows so long as the player is in the tab list radius. Comes back to language and if they are paying attention down there.

You also have to factor in

• Shape of the road
  • Oncoming Traffic
  • Divided Road or multi lane?
  • Intersections/Active rail lines

So long as you have the power to safely pass without affecting yourself, them, and oncoming traffic, you've done it safely.

Just an FYI, you can change the dot colors in the tab list settings. Other players appear as white dots for me and friends are orange (not that i have any friends playing).

no offence 

but the most of those you might want to adress with this dont give two sh#ts about proper overtaking.

they jank you off your spot if they see it fit... 

or you just translate it in to Turkish and post it in the Turkish section ....  its 80% Turks that cant drive for sh#t  and spam the chat .....(and Botch & Butcher their own Language btw.) 

18 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

no offence 

but the most of those you might want to adress with this dont give two sh#ts about proper overtaking.

they jank you off your spot if they see it fit... 

or you just translate it in to Turkish and post it in the Turkish section ....  its 80% Turks that cant drive for sh#t  and spam the chat .....(and Botch & Butcher their own Language btw.) 

Let's not make this a question of nationality.

A language barrier doesn't relieve any road user from the requirement to perform an overtaking maneuver in a way which is safe for everybody. Otherwise they will be punished according to the in-game rules.

However I agree that certain guides should be translated to multiple languages to reach a wider audience.

I love it when, while overtaking, another driver starts to accelerate ...
Of course, it is my fault that someone decided to prevent me from overtaking and I almost ran into the driver of an oncoming driver. Of course, now I am entitled to a preventive 2-week ban for innocence <3

3 minutes ago, Olios said:

I love it when, while overtaking, another driver starts to accelerate ...
Of course, it is my fault that someone decided to prevent me from overtaking and I almost ran into the driver of an oncoming driver. Of course, now I am entitled to a preventive 2-week ban for innocence ❤️

If you have video proof, you're entitled to report the user in question for reckless driving.

Why didn't you stop the overtaking maneuver when you noticed the other player accelerating?

And where did you try to overtake anyway? Please don't tell me it happened on the road between Duisburg and Calais...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived