Promods Problem

MrWoodsman

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello @MrWoodsman,

1) First check if the installed ProMods version is the correct version

supported by the ETS2 Multiplayer Mod (TruckersMP), in this case the supported version is 2.55.

Illustrative Images:

spacer.png

2) Next make sure you have all the Map DLCs as this is mandatory for you to be able to play

on Promods servers:

DLC Iberia (optional);

DLC Road to the Black Sea;

DLC Beyond the Baltic Sea;

DLC Italia;

DLC Vive la France !;

DLC Scandinavia;

DLC Going East! ;

3) If the version is correct and the error persists, check if extracting the files failed, if necessary

extract the files again to be sure.

4) Make sure the necessary files are in the correct game folder. The path may be different

on some operating systems but make sure the files are inside the ''mod'' folder.

spacer.png

c:\Users\<username>\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

5) Once completed, do not activate the ProMods Mods and do not open in Offline mode, just open the

Multiplayer TruckersMP Launcher and check if this error has been corrected. Hope this can help you.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, MrWoodsman said:

Hello, I have a problem with Promods because when I want to enter the server it shows me that a file is missing, but I have all the files and I don't know what's wrong. Does anyone know what is wrong?

image.png.a032264de8a2c1093111c748ac1acfe4.png

Hello there, @MrWoodsman

if you sure everything is correct way like in these picture's must be work.

You don't need the buy iberia dlcs to play promods for now.

Untitled.png

Hello there ? 

In case your mod folder is located on a different drive to save space on your C drive (Windows drive) please do the following:

(This method I've tested myself ?)

1. Go to the following link: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
2. Scroll down to 'How to Create Symbolic Links with a Graphical Tool' (This is WAY easier than working with the CMD ? )
3. Download and install the following: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/HardLinkShellExt_X64.exe
4. If it asks you to restart, just say no (I said no, and it works perfectly for me ? )

Now, if it was installed correctly, you should be able to make the link, like so:

1. Locate the folder (If its ONLY the mod folder that you have on the bigger drive) go to: fx. D:\Euro Truck Simulator 2\, right-click on the mod folder, and select “Pick Link Source” in the menu
2. Now, go back to C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\ (If there's a mod folder, ensure its empty, if not, move any files from it, to the mod folder on the D drive) now delete the mod folder from: C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\
3. You can then right-click inside C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\, point to the “Drop As” menu and select “Symbolic Link”

That's it, your folders should now look somewhat like this: https://gyazo.com/893e59fc8772e57481b6e1b9065b40ee
Top one is C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\
Bottom one is G:\Euro Truck Simulator 2

It they match up pretty well, go ahead. Start TruckersMP and join one of the Promods servers ? 
If you get an error about missing mods, just ignore and load your newest save, if you get another error, just hit continue, any errors about mods -> Continue/ignore

I hope this helps ? 

We're all looking forward to hearing from you ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hey there,

Thanks for creating a forum topic.

I noticed there was an 'a' at the end of some of your file names which from memory shouldn't be there by default - so make sure you're using all of the default file names that came with the extract and they haven't been changed so they can be recognised by your game ?

Kindly,

Stubborn__

TruckersMP - Support

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM our support team members, we will open this again.

Thanks to all for participation!

Kind Regards,
Krisi.
TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

//locked and moved to Inactive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

Hello there!

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind regards,
maksch
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and moved to unsolved

maksch

Ex-Member of the Support Team