Realistic server

RayxWasTaken

Hello! I have an idea, what can maybe make the truckersmp more appealing to realistic drivers. Idea is that you can make a new server called maybe "Realistic Server, Realistic Server 2" and so on. In that Server the AI would be turned on and the truck speedlimit set to 90km/h since currently its 110 on trucks, which is really unrealistic. In realistic server admins and mods would have to look after people that they're driving realistic. I really want that idea to become true since I am tired of driving in singleplayer and also everytime in Truckersmp you try to overtake even in a car, I just get kicked from the server. If I drive with a car in real life I would always overtake trucks that are driving 80-85 km/h, so I don't understand why you get kicked for that.

I know that it's a lot of work but after that server would be done, the realistic drivers would be thankful. Its just so sad to drive 90km/h and then some guy comes 110km/h IN A TRUCK and passes you or you can't overtake.

A rank system can be added instead. For example, a special server can be created for drives with 2 or less active bans. in this way, toxic drivers are kept away from people. So that people can experience a realistic simulation.

Also, the speed limit on this server can be decided by voting within the community.

That's a cool idea, but hard to implement. Getting Ai onto the servers is not really easy. But I understand what you mean and it would definitely be great to have such a server. 

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
7 hours ago, AnqeLW said:

A rank system can be added instead. For example, a special server can be created for drives with 2 or less active bans. in this way, toxic drivers are kept away from people. So that people can experience a realistic simulation.

Also, the speed limit on this server can be decided by voting within the community.

I do like the idea of rewarded servers of met criteria but 2 or less active bans would mean newbies and repeat offenders can still join it right away. There should be active time played aswell thrown into the mix, but with the 2 or less means people with a clean slate, 1 ban and even 2 bans could join this "elite" server which is effectively still Sim 1 and Sim 2 ?

9 hours ago, AnqeLW said:

But unless everyone with that rank drives on one server then its not gonna work. Cause people will drive where all the other people are. So if you have 1000 people driving on a rank server. And 3000 people driving on a non rank server then no one will drive on the rank server cause everyone else is on the non rank server. And people go where the other people are. Which is also why the realistic server wont work. Not unless we make all servers realistic so that you cant avoid it. But i dont think that is gonna happen. Also since we cant really get the AI traffic on here not at the moment anyway. Cause again if there is 3000 people driving on a normal server and 1000 on a realistic server, then most people will still go to the normal server cause that is where everyone else is. People are sheep. They follow all the others.

17 hours ago, - Pink Ribbon - said:

There should be active time played

Active play time alone isn't a valid indicator, because you can't control what the player did during this time.

Did he idle 800 hours on a parking lot? Did he drive one route back and forth only (for example Calais to Duisburg)?

None of it makes him an experienced player.

If however you connected required game time with WOT deliveries, you would have proof.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, AnqeLW said:

I doubt a vote on the speed limit would result in anything even close to a realistic speed.

This is an amazing idea and I would like to see this implemented with the limitations that other players discussed about on this topic. Sadly, as this article states, it is very hard to implement due to the lack of developers (just 1) working on the AI project.

Nonetheless, it would be very cool to have some kind of "Realistic Server".

On 7/5/2021 at 12:07 AM, MrSirViking said:

But unless everyone with that rank drives on one server then its not gonna work. Cause people will drive where all the other people are. So if you have 1000 people driving on a rank server. And 3000 people driving on a non rank server then no one will drive on the rank server cause everyone else is on the non rank server. And people go where the other people are. Which is also why the realistic server wont work. Not unless we make all servers realistic so that you cant avoid it. But i dont think that is gonna happen. Also since we cant really get the AI traffic on here not at the moment anyway. Cause again if there is 3000 people driving on a normal server and 1000 on a realistic server, then most people will still go to the normal server cause that is where everyone else is. People are sheep. They follow all the others.

Nope ...  

even at the times we had to many servers  they had hardly less then 20 ppl on it ..  

im very sure you ment " Trolls will drive where all the other Trolls are"  

before sim 1 got f#ed up ther had been at least 100+ppl on sim 2 almost every single day  just because the reasonable ppl had been there , those who wantet to take care of VTC matters  or just enjoy the game without a flood of trolls. 

or just drive in a realistic way ...  

Dickburg - Clownlais  had always been a save passage on sim 2   

if there would be a "Road to SimoMania " server  a vast percentage of players would switch over to it. 

I think it's a great idea but the speed limit is what it should be.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I do not agree with you. Because 110 kmh can prevent accidents, there is no need for more. For this i don't think it's not good idea to open a server it.

We won't increase realism by further  decreasing the speed limit.

Realism in a simulator is to a certain part a choice of the user. The user decides if he/ she wants to follow real world traffic rules and regulations. This includes speed limits, driving times, rest periods and more.

The decision is independent of the chosen server, you can "play it realistic" on the simulation server or the arcade server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, RayxWasTaken said:

Hello! I have an idea, what can maybe make the truckersmp more appealing to realistic drivers. Idea is that you can make a new server called maybe "Realistic Server, Realistic Server 2" and so on. In that Server the AI would be turned on and the truck speedlimit set to 90km/h since currently its 110 on trucks, which is really unrealistic. In realistic server admins and mods would have to look after people that they're driving realistic. I really want that idea to become true since I am tired of driving in singleplayer and also everytime in Truckersmp you try to overtake even in a car, I just get kicked from the server. If I drive with a car in real life I would always overtake trucks that are driving 80-85 km/h, so I don't understand why you get kicked for that.

I know that it's a lot of work but after that server would be done, the realistic drivers would be thankful. Its just so sad to drive 90km/h and then some guy comes 110km/h IN A TRUCK and passes you or you can't overtake.

Idea is ok, but your realism is out of place. IRL trucks don't come with speed limiters and the roles of these are taken by the drivers themselves. I get where you are coming from, but that is alreadi present in the mod.
There is one BIG problem with your idea - WHO IS GOING TO RE-PROGRAM THE TRAFFIC AI?!
A much better solution is to add the rest of ProMods maps to the multiplayer. I mean the North African and North and South Eastern Black sea regions. Will also provide some now areas to be explored and dared.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Regards

Nody,

Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived