Are ProMods worth buying all DLCs for me?

gebik

Are ProMods worth it for me? (see first post for more info)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. ProMods?

• Yes.
    • No.

Hi all,

I have been thinking for some time if ProMods are worth buying all DLCs if I do not have any of those required ones. For more than 100€ it is too much for me, however now those DLCs are mostly in sale and they are in total circa 50€, so it is more acceptable. Therefore, I am asking if those rewamped roads and cities are worth it if there will be less people on server including trolls. I am also quite tired of the default map.

Heyou dear @matematysek

Firstly, I would like to thank you for creating this topic. 

In my opinion the ProMods have a lot of great places to see, that the basic game (DLC's/) dont have. You are allowed to visit more places, which you wont see without ProMods, So I highly recommend download ProMods. 

The worst part is, that on the ProMods servers is not too many players, that why I dont play ProMods so often. Anyway, sometimes it's good to do a some change, and drive there.

Where there would be more players, I will probably changed my opinion and will start to play right there.

Kindest Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

HR Staff of GB I Player of TruckersMP Community

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

ProMods is absolutely amazing. As Redwolf said before, there is less traffic than on the Simulation Servers. ProMods has a lot of beautiful places to visit and I think it is absolutely worth it. Usually, when I want to drive in high populated areas, I drive on the Simulation Servers (e.g. CD Road) with no load, but when I want to do jobs, I only drive on ProMods, because it’s much nicer there and the community is much better, which means that there are less trolls on the ProMods server. If you don’t drive Kirkenes on ProMods, it is very rare that you have to report a Player. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

@Fast-rider@[GökBörü] RedWolf [CZ]I want to do jobs without meeting troll ruining my high value and fragile cargo right next to finish company, so I would maybe like ProMods. Now I am quite often in highly populated areas only because I have for example a job from Frankfurt to London, so I must go via Calais. Those trolls are really annoying, in this week I had to submit my first report, details about accident in spoiler for the curious ones.

Spoiler

I had non damaged cargo to Calais (dunno why?) and on the Calais Intersection, where I was first in queue and gave priority, some reckless driver coming from Calais T-boned me when going max speed (while I was waiting on the stop sign!) and caused cca 30% damage to my truck and a few % to my cargo.

Of course more good drivers on ProMods would be nice, to have taffic there, however most of the players are not even good drivers and they stick to Calais-Duisburg road, which is not on ProMods...

For some extra price context, I am from Prague, CZ.

Buing those DLCs is totally wort it even without Promods. Base map, except recently revamped Germany, looks really bad compared to almost all of the expansions.

Only the oldest one, "Going East". is on par with the base game, all of the rest are beter and better, the newer they are. Encounters with trolls are also rare when staying within expansion areas, even on vanilla map servers.

Promods adds not only completely new areas and counties, but also tons of improvements in many areas, often those bland looking old parts of the base map, including UK, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland for example, but much less to the newer areas. Because of these extensive map modifications, World of Trucks jobs will mostly not work with Promods if you are planning to do that.

The steam sale started yesterday, I recommend to look at the "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Map Booster BUNDLE". You can get 6 expansion fo about 33€, maybe less, can't tell exactly cause I own all of them.

Iberia is not included in the bundle, or even discounted, as it's new release, but latest Promods version doesn't require it.

The bundle shows up on store pages of any of the 6 map dlc included.

17 minutes ago, Granite said:

Because of these extensive map modifications, World of Trucks jobs will mostly not work with Promods if you are planning to do that.

I am not on WoT and am not planning to be there. I am not even in VTC, because I know nobody who plays this game and I am not a fan of being in VTC with random strangers. Also being in VTC requires one to play a lot, and I want to play when I want, not when VTC tells me to do so.

59 minutes ago, matematysek said:

@Fast-rider@[GökBörü] RedWolf [CZ]I want to do jobs without meeting troll ruining my high value and fragile cargo right next to finish company, so I would maybe like ProMods. Now I am quite often in highly populated areas only because I have for example a job from Frankfurt to London, so I must go via Calais. Those trolls are really annoying, in this week I had to submit my first report, details about accident in spoiler for the curious ones.

Hide contents

I had non damaged cargo to Calais (dunno why?) and on the Calais Intersection, where I was first in queue and gave priority, some reckless driver coming from Calais T-boned me when going max speed (while I was waiting on the stop sign!) and caused cca 30% damage to my truck and a few % to my cargo.

Of course more good drivers on ProMods would be nice, to have taffic there, however most of the players are not even good drivers and they stick to Calais-Duisburg road, which is not on ProMods...

For some extra price context, I am from Prague, CZ.

I mean there are some trolls, but it is very rare to meet one on the ProMods server. So if you would like to meet some people but no trolls, ProMods is ideal for you and if you drive 1000 or 2000 km around Kirkenes, you will meet some players too (but not as much as on the CD road) and the area there, especially to the north cape, is absolutely beautiful. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

@matematysek World of Trucks is an online platform managed by SCS Software which complements the game, it has nothing to do with VTC stuff. 

It ulocks external contracts and external cargo market, which work in TMP or singleplayer, these jobs are synced in real time, meaning you will have a lot of time to finish the jobs, often more than 12 to 25 real time hours, therefore they will not expire if you log off from TMP and return hours later, unlike regular in-game jobs. There are also Worl of Trucks events from time to time, which you can complete for some rewards, usually a paintjobs or cabin accessories.

The downsides are, you can't recover from being stuck, be it your own fault or not, towing service will cancel the job, you are aslo hard code limited to 90km/h.

19 minutes ago, matematysek said:

So, if I don't go to the Kirkenes quarry but stay nearby will I meet somebody normal but almost no trolls?

Nope you will not meet almost anyone normal around that area. Frankly, most of people you meet on Promods server are just like normal server, most will drive recklessly, you will jut meet less people. The only people driving at least semi-reasonably are those on WoT jobs, since they are on the limiter, but that's not really gold rule, since most of the community are either bad or overconfident drivers.

Answering your question whether it is worth buying add-ons and installing promods.
It's definitely worth it. I myself bought add-ons in addition to Iberia (Iberia is not needed for promods, but supports it)
Before, this game bored me when I was driving around the same places. Now it's a lot better to play and fun to drive.

Don't hesitate.

Promods is definitely worth trying out. The maps are very well designed and you may be able to find a few places no one explored before. It's also fun driving through difficult roads.

However, if you prefer to play on Multiplayer (TruckersMP), expect the majority of the map to feel very empty since not a lot of players owns all the DLCs. If you want to go to a busy area, I suggest you go to Kirkness.

EDIT: If you love difficult roads, do visit Iceland.

banner

Promods you should definitely have it I think it's worth it.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Not only is the DLCs worth to buy just to explore other areas (often nicer) than the base map, it makes it extra worth with ProMods. As people above have said, you meet fewer trollers. Because if they get banned, they can't just buy ETS again and troll again, they need to buy all DLCs. And the scenery is amazing, and you get all types of roads, not only straight highways or countryside roads. You can get icy roads with its physics (Iceland) and more types of countryside roads. It also explores parts of maps you would not see otherwise, like spectacular buildings etc. The scenery overall is amazing, and it's simply a joy to drive.

Is it worth it? To me, its worth many times over.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

It's worth buying all the DLC's. Some parts of the map on Promods are significantly better than base game (notably the UK and Poland), and there's all kinds of new roads and places to explore. You can also do very long jobs and not worry about trolls! You can do jobs that are thousands of KM's long, and you can go through all kinds of environments, from the tundra of Iceland, to the deserts of Iraq. Overall, it's worth it.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

On 6/25/2021 at 11:04 AM, matematysek said:

So, if I don't go to the Kirkenes quarry but stay nearby will I meet somebody normal but almost no trolls?

First of all, @matematysek yes, ProMods is absolutely lovely to drive on, in MP as well as SP. As Granite already pointed out, the Drivers on ProMods servers are not neccesarily better than on the normal servers, when you're not near the CD (so - less trolls). What, to me at least stands out more, is that because of the vastly bigger map, you will see far less players while driving than you would see on the normal server.

Archived