Should we have a new “featured” road every month instead of always it being C-D?

garsenault

Should we have a new “featured” road every month instead of always it being C-D?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rather than C-D road always being so popular... would it be a good idea if TruckersMP designated a certain stretch of road as a “featured road”... so like a new C-D road every month...

• Yes... I want to drive on a road with lots of people, but I’m sick of the C-D road
    • No... I like the C-D road and how busy it is
    • No... Get rid of the C-D road or discourage people from driving it and spread out the players

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/21 at 04:00 PM

I think it would be a cool idea if every month, a new road was selected by the Truckers MP team to be a “featured road”. What I mean by that is whatever road they pick for the month... everyone would start driving on it instead of C-D. After the month is done, pick a new road.

I like the high amount of traffic on the C-D road, but the scenery is getting a little boring.

I've discussed similar ideas with my trucker friends some weeks ago.

Especially when you are driving on the ProMods server, the roads a quite empty anywhere. But the D-C road and Kirkenes prove that people want to drive on those roads, where are as many other players as possible.

To "get rid of the C-D road or discourage people from driving it and spread out the players" would not change anything regarding this obvious desire to drive on crowded roads.

Therefore we came to the conclusion that it might be an interesting idea to have a weekly changing "featured region" (or "featured road"), maybe with a specific meeting place and even an event going on.

I think to have such a changing area where you can meet many other truckers far away from D-C and Kirkenes would be great.

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

And how would they encourage others to use it? Just because it's featured, doesn't mean that 50% of the server will go there. There has to be a way to reward players who choose to go that road. Maybe instead of 1 month, it could be 2 weeks for each road. Maybe also use DLC roads. If people want to go there, they can get the DLC.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, Aquatic Sparrow said:

And how would they encourage others to use it? Just because it's featured, doesn't mean that 50% of the server will go there. There has to be a way to reward players who choose to go that road. Maybe instead of 1 month, it could be 2 weeks for each road. Maybe also use DLC roads. If people want to go there, they can get the DLC.

I don't think it would need any reward. The reward for all those players who drive on the "featured road" (or in the "featured area") is a lot of other players also driving on this road or in this area.

Do the players in Kirkenes or on the D-C road get any reward?

Does any player taking part in the "Real Operations" get a reward?

I don't think so. But it's always crowded there.

5 hours ago, MΛRC0 said:

I don't think it would need any reward. The reward for all those players who drive on the "featured road" (or in the "featured area") is a lot of other players also driving on this road or in this area.

Do the players in Kirkenes or on the D-C road get any reward?

Does any player taking part in the "Real Operations" get a reward?

I don't think so. But it's always crowded there.

Exactly. No reward. Just crowded. DC only gets bans and Youtube Videos. Haven't been on ProMods, probably something similar. Haven't done Real Operations.

I like the idea about trying to get people to go on other road then just C-D and Kirkenes, but I have a hard time figuring out how it can be done. As some other users has already mentioned just because TMP decides to promote a different road will probably not get drivers to start using that road. Basically because someone will have to be the 1st ones to go on that new road, and how wants to be the first to go up and down a road that's almost completely empty?

When you have a event you're forcing players to be a this specific road, and then it's fine for most player because they got what they wanted. A lot of player around so it doesn't feel like you're driving in SP without AI traffic. But when you give player the opportunity to choose freely, they will just stay at the road they know there is always lots of drivers.

spacer.png | spacer.png

9 hours ago, [GökBörü] H4ns said:

hello, There are people who forget that this game is a realistic truck game. Truly different paths are always one step ahead.

Yes, I agree, it should be as realistic as possible.

So how realistic is it to drive on empty roads all the time, especially on ProMods outside of Kirkenes?

3 hours ago, MΛRC0 said:

So how realistic is it to drive on empty roads all the time, especially on ProMods outside of Kirkenes?

It's not realistic at all, which is a reason why I switched back to singleplayer.

I'll come back when TMP implements server-sided non-tweakable player profiles.

If the trolls have to work to earn money to repair their trucks, they will lose interest in trolling very fast.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, MΛRC0 said:

Yes, I agree, it should be as realistic as possible.

i have promods. it's very sad, so many beautiful empty roads. There is too much traffic in kirkness, people even park on the sidewalk...

On 6/21/2021 at 8:17 PM, garsenault said:

What I mean by that is whatever road they pick for the month... everyone would start driving on it instead of C-D. After the month is done, pick a new road.

This is fine, as long as they stay on the selected road.

CD road is a fantastic containment unit for people who don't want to play the game the way it's intended to be played. Please, for the sake of all the reasonable drivers out there, let's not turn the entire map into a minefield. As long as the "Idiots on the road" stay on said road, it's fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived