How can I disable status notifications?

MaximTV

Question

Hey everyone,

I've recently been trying to find a way to disable the status notifications, but so far I haven't had much success. I found this guide but it doesn't seem to be up-to-date anymore.

My notification settings are set like this,  but no matter how they're set, I continue receiving status notifications:
image.thumb.png.293fd1e27c07b9cc714f613fda893275.png

Hopefully someone can help me ?

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Hai,

You can edit what you get notified for here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/notifications/options/

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,
Scanva Diesel A/S
TruckersMP Player

Hey @raffaeloo!

Unfortunately. my problem still has not been resolved due to the fact that @Scanva Diesel A/S has only posted a link to the page where you can edit your notification preferences.

However, none of those settings stop the status notifications from users that I follow (as already mentioned in my initial post).

All the best,

Maxim

Hello @MaximTV,

I assume you are talking about the notifications in the top right of the forum page, correct? Disabling it does indeed seem to be a bugged feature. I have just noticed that I also have status update notifications disabled, though I have always received notifications regardless. 

What you can do to get rid of the notifications is to disable status updates completely. This means that you will not be able to post status updates, or view status updates from others. This can be done in your forum settings, under 'Edit Profile', which is to the right in the box 'Other Settings'. There you can find a tickbox which says 'Enable status updates?'. Unchecking that will disable them.

Please let me know if this has helped you with your issue.

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support Team

• Like 1

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

17 hours ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hello @MaximTV,

I assume you are talking about the notifications in the top right of the forum page, correct? Disabling it does indeed seem to be a bugged feature. I have just noticed that I also have status update notifications disabled, though I have always received notifications regardless. 

What you can do to get rid of the notifications is to disable status updates completely. This means that you will not be able to post status updates, or view status updates from others. This can be done in your forum settings, under 'Edit Profile', which is to the right in the box 'Other Settings'. There you can find a tickbox which says 'Enable status updates?'. Unchecking that will disable them.

Please let me know if this has helped you with your issue.

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support Team

Hey there, @Colored_Greens!

Your post does bring some clarity into this. Since it seems to be a broken/bugged feature, will it be reported to the person/team responsible for the forum so that it can be fixed at some point?

Thanks,
Maxim

Hey @MaximTV,

I'm glad I've managed to clear it up a bit. 

Upon further review I did just notice that there actually isn't an option to disable the notifications from status updates. The option that you showed above is actually regarding posts from members you follow, not status updates, and the options that Crestune showed are regarding followed content which also seems to exclude status updates.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, MaximTV said:

Hey everyone,

I've recently been trying to find a way to disable the status notifications, but so far I haven't had much success. I found this guide but it doesn't seem to be up-to-date anymore.

My notification settings are set like this,  but no matter how they're set, I continue receiving status notifications:
image.thumb.png.293fd1e27c07b9cc714f613fda893275.png

Hopefully someone can help me ?

Thanks!

I have looked through the options some more and there doesn't seem to actually be an option to disable notifications for status updates, without disabling them entirely as I mentioned previously.

The next course of action would then be to make a suggestion for that feature, which you can do here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/850-new-suggestions/

I had a quick read through previous suggestions and it does not seem to have been suggested in the past.

I hope this has cleared it up further. If not, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support Team

• Like 1

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hey @MaximTV,

I'm glad I've managed to clear it up a bit. 

Upon further review I did just notice that there actually isn't an option to disable the notifications from status updates. The option that you showed above is actually regarding posts from members you follow, not status updates, and the options that Crestune showed are regarding followed content which also seems to exclude status updates.

I have looked through the options some more and there doesn't seem to actually be an option to disable notifications for status updates, without disabling them entirely as I mentioned previously.

The next course of action would then be to make a suggestion for that feature, which you can do here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/850-new-suggestions/

I had a quick read through previous suggestions and it does not seem to have been suggested in the past.

I hope this has cleared it up further. If not, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support Team

Hey @Colored_Greens,

I've now created a new suggestion, as you suggested. Hopefully it'll be approved!

Feel free to close this topic.

Thanks,

Maxim

Hello @MaximTV,

I am glad to hear that! I will then move this topic to Unsolved, as we were not able to find a proper solution (yet).

If you have any issues in the future, feel free to open a new thread in our forum or to create a support ticket on our website: https://truckersmp.com/support

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support Team

// Locked & Moved to Solved

spacer.png