Official multiplayer for ETS 2 and ATS

Klaus Ferrano

Im not so sure they're aiming to "destroy" TruckersMP with a limit of 8 players.

If they raise the player numbers massively/give people the ability to run dedicated servers, then that definitely would be a step towards it.

As for what I think about it though? I think that it gives people the option to finally choose what kind of experience they want. TruckersMP will be chaotic, it's how the MMO "style" of multiplayer naturally is, while the official MP can be whatever the people want it to be, albeit limited in player numbers.

24H4oa0.jpg

Hi. Thanks for the question there. 

The new SCS convoy multiplayer feature is a very nice add to the game whenever it will reach it's final state but I don't think that will surpass TMP as of it's limited number of people playing on a server. It's a very well thought out idea and it works kind of well but till they don't reach at least 200-300 players per server , TMP will thrive.

I honestly think with SCS Software introducing AI vehicles in the multiplayer game, it can be fun for players. Comparing with TruckersMP, although you get many players online, a lot of areas in ETS2 are quite empty. I believe it's mostly due to players not owning Map DLCs or enjoys driving through the CD road because of many Youtube videos about the road.

TruckersMP is a very unique mod. They have a very large community and I do not believe SCS could be able to replicate the exact same MMO with moderation, VTC features, etc due to it's limited server capacity. They could increase it soon. Feel free to correct me on this but, I feel they could easily incorporate some features like special cargo, AI traffic, etc as they developed the game. It could be a bit harder for TruckersMP developers to do this too because they didn't make ETS2/ATS.

I do not think they intend to "destroy" truckersMP. SCS Software may encourage people to create mods in order to enhance the game. I do not think it would impact truckersMP much

banner

TruckersMP and SCSMP have different points. 

SCSMP: I think that max. 60 people will be able to connect the private servers and many modifications will be supported in these servers.

TruckersMP: Everything continues same. TruckersMP always listen people and i think that event team and others try to do their best for a good experiment. 

10 hours ago, LEMNlSCATE said:

SCSMP: I think that max. 60 people will be able to connect the private servers and many modifications will be supported in these servers.

No SCS is not gonna do 60 people as it is right now. Not unless they make it possible to have dedicated servers. Cause right now its P2P And that is not gonna be able to handle 60 players. 16 maybe, but i doubt that too.

And as said by others, SCS is not trying to destroy us. We have as far as i know a good relationship with SCS, so they are not trying to destroy us. And since SCS is probably never gonna do the kind of servers we have here, then i dont see us here at TMP being "destroyed" anytime soon.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, Klaus Ferrano said:

What do you think of SCS releasing their own multiplayer and wanting to "destroy" TruckersMP instead of teaming up with TruckersMP?

I'd like you to provide your source of information which proves your claim of SCS wanting to destroy TruckersMP.

Without it,I see no point in a discussion about it. 

SCS has implemented their multiplayer using peer-to-peer (P2P) architecture. 
That basically means that the host of the convoy is also behaving as a multiplayer server would (Think of your computer as one of TMP servers but instead of hosting 4500 players, you only host 7). 
They deliberately did that because they add a Multiplayer feature while adding zero costs to their side. 
P2P multiplayer ideally is implemented around 8 players. This is because Peer-to-Peer communications generates a lot of traffic and it's unwise to raise the bar. 
So don't get your hopes up, about this number ever increasing, and if it did it would simply allow up to 16 players in a convoy but no more.

Given the implementation SCS used for their multiplayer, i doubt that it'd hurt TMP in any way. TMP is still an MMO and that's something that can't be achieved with Peer-to-peer multiplayer technology. So until they decide to invest in their own multiplayer servers (Which is quite frankly insane*), TMP will be fine. 

*SCS would have to massively increase their costs to fund their own servers. And why do so, when there's already a community mod offering the MMO experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We are applying this to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and Moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived