NoTime.Zone Implementation on TMP Website

Suggestion Name: NoTime.Zone Implementation on TMP Website

Suggestion Description: “No Time Zone removes the need to know time zones even exist. Create and share a set of events, and they will be converted to the local time of the person viewing them! Nobody needs to know what time zone they are in. The best part about No Time Zone is that your local time zone is automatically detected!” ~ Website Description

Any example images: Try it out at their website (NoTime Zone Website)

Why should it be added?: This should be added to make everyone able to join the event because they know what the actual time the event takes place in their own time zone. I believe this should be required when posting events both Official TMP Events and othe VTC Events. Also, in general it should be implemented in anywhere there is a time slot when creating an event/post.

Side Note for TMP Staff: On the TMP Mobile Website, it is impossible to post a new suggestion in anywhere but in this area. I’ve tried posting this in Website Suggestions but it wouldn’t work.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @31Delta

The TMP website will automatically change the time of events depending on the timezone you have selected in your profile settings. If you go here then you can set your timezone, and event times will adjust according to what you have selected.

Making adding a timezone link mandatory will be damaging to the operation and efficiency of many events, and it will also make the automatic timezone feature on our website less useful. We already have the ability to change the time based on the user timezone, so there is not much reason to also require a timezone link as well. When you create an event, you have to input the time in UTC, but after that it will automatically change based on the user's timezone.

Also, it is correct that you cannot post suggestions anywhere else. All public suggestions require CM approval or rejection, so this is the only place you can submit your suggestion. There are lots of big, red boxes around this section of the forum that explain how to make a new suggestion ?

I will move this suggestion into the Open for Discussion section, to gauge community interest.

Hello,

As Phon mentioned, I don't really see a need for this to be implemented since the functionality is already included on the website. When you create an event, you select the time in UTC which is then automatically converted on the users timezone selected on the website.

Since this is already included, I don't see a need for a dedicated field on events for this.

Thanks so much I wasn’t sure as the current VTC I’m in has their own DriversHub and they’ve implemented using NoTime.Zone so I wasn’t sure what exactly what was used in TMP and how the time zones worked. Just to confirm, no matter what time zone I’m in, I’ll see the local time for the event for me? For Example if TMP is based in the UK and makes an event for 1pm BST, I’ll see this for myself (EDT):

Real Ops V12

Start: 8:00 AM EDT (America / New York)

spacer.png

• 8 months later...

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting a suggestion on our forum.

When an Event is created, you have the ability to set your timezone in your profile settings (then the time will convert to your local timezone).

This is stated here:

On 6/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, Phon said:

The TMP website will automatically change the time of events depending on the timezone you have selected in your profile settings. If you go here then you can set your timezone, and event times will adjust according to what you have selected.

As such, we have come to a decision to reject this suggestion.

Thanks for understanding.

Kind regards,

JamesS014

TruckersMP Community Manager

// Rejected