What do you think of the new DAF that has just come out?

.Pedro.

It's very nice. Love the interior, especially the cluster.

Hope we get DAF Tuning stuff and more chassis options soon.

Well so far I have went about three blocks with it. But in that short driving period I have to say it is really nice. The handling is quite nice and it feels more comfortable to drive. The mirrors are freaking awesome and so helpful when you go to start backing up. Very spacious. 

So far, I like the interior but I don't really mind or care for the exterior. It drives nice, but I like my 105 better. The new daf isn't as customizable (yet) and that disappointed me a bit. Also on TMP, you have to use the higher XG+. because I found (not sure if others have this issue) if you use the XG and try to drive it, you get an error (something to do with the CB) and your game crashes.  I really wanted to drive the XG but had to drive the XG+ (I'm not a fan of larger cabs). 

In the end I'd say it's a decent truck but it'll probably be better when we can customize it more and when they fix the bug with the XG (XG+ is unaffected by it).

Kind Regards, 

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

It's very nice in very many ways - drives well, kills polar bears a little slower than a lot of the other trucks in this game, pretty darn stable, all nice stuff I honestly like it as much as the Actros MP4, possibly even a little more. Plus it's really nice being able to check your mirrors without taking your eyes too far off the road as well as always having your mirror right there in your useful FOV, but those mirrors bring with them an issue that means I simply can't use it for a while which you'll see in the screenshot: the mirrors in the UK interior are flipped horizontally. I can tell they're not on backwards (left on the right, visa-versa) because the ones in the truck on the right are reflecting the other side of what's behind my truck to the UI mirror on the left in the screenshot. I have no idea how on Earth this could've happened but I hope it's fixed soon because I can't drive left-hand-drive (hence my comparatively low hours in ATS) and I really do want to be able to drive this around soon.

On top of the mirror it also completely lacks a 6 speed gearbox and I don't have a range splitter at the moment, so I'm pretty much forced to drive automatic which I just find boring.

DAF_Flipped_Mirrors.jpg

Stick on a good song, sit back and vibe.

1004651805_TMPSignature.png.86dd3157944e03b174964e8d6a390341.png

I can say that it is perfect, I like the interior design, which is extraordinarily beautiful.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I have always preferred DAF trucks, so this one came in handy. The only issue is that the LED lights are somewhat too thin, as in not bright enough for it to be LED technology. Others have pointed out that it's missing a 6 speed gearbox, but that shouldn't be an issue with save editing. I'm quite certain that we will be able to customize it very soon.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

I love the new DAF! It truly looks amazing, unfortunately that it has lack of customization, but I believe it's coming soon

1 hour ago, Ash_0104 said:

I love it. This is the first time SCS incorporated mirror cameras and it looks really nice with them. However, I was kinda expecting the XF 2021 to make it onto the game but it didn't.

The XF 2021 will come later this year 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

While I personally haven't really liked many other trucks outside of the Mercedes New Actros, this one might be my new favorite or tie with it. I love that DAF was able to work with SCS to bring a more modern truck into the game. From the pictures, I like the idea with the mirrors and especially the new dashboard. Can't wait to try it out as soon as I build up enough cash in-game! 

I really like the futuristic interiors (new mirrors, dash and gps), also this daf consumes way less fuel than other trucks it seems for me ?

It seems a bit slow maybe (im used to 6 gears, and for now we have only 12-16 gears options), but might me only my impression since i rarely drived with more gears than 6 in ets 2.

Btw i think i will drive it for a while ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

The DAF is fantastic, I am loving this truck.

The sharp look, the modern interior, and great visibility when you use the cameras instead of the mirrors are all great. ?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

The new DAFs look amazing, they look modern unlike the other DAFs in game. It also looks like a Scania, which is a plus and a minus.

The new interior, and especially dashboard, is amazing. I love it. Its modern and "futuristic", and its a big step up from the other DAFs. I also think it looks better than Scanias or Volvos. One thing I noticed however is that you can't see your set cruise control speed near the digital speedometer, so you have to look on the right of the display to see the cruise control speed while your current speed is on the left. It isn't as fluid for me, which I want. I would've liked if you would've had the cruise control speed in smaller digits under the current speed or something. Also, you have to change dashboard mode once to even see your set cc speed, which is annoying if you forget to click the button. Other than that, I love the dashboard.

But now to what is the biggest problem in my opinion. The engine, It's way too small. It doesn't give enough power. I drove with my friend, me in the DAF, and him in a Scania. We had the same load on 18t. He could overtake me easily when we both had cruise control set to 90. I struggled on even the smallest hills, so much I had to shift down to even get somewhere decent. He could overtake me easily without shifting. It wasn't even funny, it was painful. I used the 12 gear manual, and I know how to shift. But it still struggled, sometimes it even seemed the hop between 9th and 10th gear was too big. Even if I shifted at 2000+rpm. The 16 gearbox might be better suited, haven't tested it.

Conclusion: The truck looks great, but lacks the power. So it's all personal preference, either power or looks. Will I change my daily driver Scania? Obviously not. But it can be a nice change. If you don't drive with friends that has a higher power truck.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Archived