Calais Intersection Improvement

Sunstrider

unknown.png

As majority of us know, this area is a huge problem area for anyone trying to enter and/or leave the city of Calais. The highway exit ramp has a stop sign while the Calais Road has a stop if players choose be kind enough to alternate which road is allowed to go. My previous suggestion about adding a stop light here can be thrown out. The stop light is only going to make this AREA worse as there would be a queue most likely going into Calais and the highway would be blocked with a queue.

About this image

• The area in yellow is what's being altered and is what is currently in place.
  • Drivers leaving Calais have 2 problems. The first being the highway exit from the east. This is an accident hotspot. The second being the left turning lane where some players try to overtake with a last second turn or make a u-turn to back into Calais.
  • Drivers getting into Calais have 1 problem. Trying to make a left from the waves of traffic leaving the area to the south.
  • The area in green is what's to come of this. Similarly accurate to the real world location. It would not only remove the problem spot but also improve the flow of traffic.
  • The red lines are suggested lanes. It's open to discussion and/or improvement. As mentioned in idea, have the lanes coming from the west turn into one lane. Left lane go straight. Right lane exits. A similar thing can happen with from the east. Right lane exits. Left lane continues onward. That way, leaving and getting into Calais have one lane until it goes to the east giving it 2 lanes.

Side note: I do have another idea in mind if it wants to be considered. It's have the highway from Calais to the Duisburg Road exit be 3 lanes and add ramps as the Duisburg exit so traffic keeps moving in that area.

What am i hoping for with this suggestion? To improve traffic flow. Getting into Calais will be much easier and leaving Calais will be easier. Can't have high hopes for the players though as a lot of reports will come from merging accidents.

If declined: Make this area an NCZ and add indicators of where the NCZ ends.

Questions? Reply or message me.

Its got a good concept behind it, however im kind of a bit confused by the diagram. It will work because its basically another junction from somewhere else in the map.

If TMP really wanted to they could virtually do the one they have a brussels intersection and add that at Calais intersection too. just make it wider to suite.

I do not think NCZ in this area is a good Idea, however the plan you have made about how to improve Calais intersection is really good and can imagine how this would reduce traffic in this area, going into calais can be quite diffcult and may other truckers or trolls so to say cause lots of traffic build up and some accidents.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. ιтѕєℓℓєχ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

◦•●◉✿ υк ✿◉●•◦

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. єннνт¢ .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

6 hours ago, Candimane said:

Its got a good concept behind it, however im kind of a bit confused by the diagram. It will work because its basically another junction from somewhere else in the map.

If TMP really wanted to they could virtually do the one they have a brussels intersection and add that at Calais intersection too. just make it wider to suite.

I believe the Brussels/Rotterdam one was also based on a real location on the map. The one i made is based on the real location it comes from. As linked here, this is the real location. Which i've put into a different map mode. You can also explore it in Street View to see it first hand.

7 hours ago, DieseL. said:

You drew it very well and showed it in detail.

I like your idea, I support it. :thisisfine:

Thank you. I originally tried using an overlay and that made the connecting roads way off.

3 hours ago, IBOZKURTI said:

Your idea is really good. I totally support it. You can contact with SCS Software about it.
Tbh, if you contact with them, they won't accept it in my opinion. ETS2 is a simulation game and they never focus on what's happening in multiplayer servers. ? 

While it's SCS' game, they have nothing to do with the multiplayer aspect of TMP. Plus, SCS left this area of France out when they made Viva La France. Apparently, not updating this intersection wasn't important enough. Or they are waiting until they do Belgium to get it. Which will take however long while they finish the map.

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Isn't it basically reproducing this?

spacer.png

In a way, yes. But it has more traffic flow. Use that cloverleaf and the rings will be populated with drivers making circles.

2 minutes ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

I believe the Brussels/Rotterdam one was also based on a real location on the map. The one i made is based on the real location it comes from. As linked here, this is the real location. Which i've put into a different map mode. You can also explore it in Street View to see it first hand.

Thank you. I originally tried using an overlay and that made the connecting roads way off.

While it's SCS' game, they have nothing to do with the multiplayer aspect of TMP. Plus, SCS left this area of France out when they made Viva La France. Apparently, not updating this intersection wasn't important enough. Or they are waiting until they do Belgium to get it. Which will take however long while they finish the map.

In a way, yes. But it has more traffic flow. Use that cloverleaf and the rings will be populated with drivers making circles.

Yeah. You are right. Your suggestion is very good and a normal developer can add it to the game but SCS never give a permission to anyone for it. 

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

I looked at your project and I think this project should be implemented. Thanks to this improvement project, the traffic will be reduced, it will provide a better gaming pleasure and time will be saved. I support the project, I believe that the relevant people will make this project, thank you...

Kind Regards,

Señior Vozač.

Kind Regards,

SeñiorVozač

This looks promising. I think it will definitely improve the traffic flow making drivers to continously drive without having to stop or have any kind of accident while trying to enter or leave Calais.

Note: Would probably be better if you could post this into the suggestions section where people can upvote and discuss your suggestion.

spacer.png

I like the idea, but having it as NCZ isn't a great idea in my opinion. Even with indicators that show where it ends, there will still be crashes, and it would be a mess. Besides that, the intersection's a good idea

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

I am against this idea. As the intersection made on the CD road is already causing enough trouble as it is with the players who play the game normally. Cause if you do World Of Trucks contracts that intersection can cause trouble. Cause you go slight out of place if you change from the highway to the CD road. The same would happen here. If you came from Calais and had to go up to the highway Or if you came from the highway and had to go to Calais, you would go slightly out of place compared to where the normal road would be and it would again cause trouble with World Of Trucks contracts. And we should not interfere with the people playing the game as intended. Which we would here. Now with the one on the CD road it dosent really matter a whole lot. Cause the game hardly takes you on the CD road anyway. But it does take you through Calais or this part of the map in general so it would probably interfere with a lot of World Of Trucks contracts. So for me, changing this layout is not a good idea.

21 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

But yes in general that intersection at Calais needs to be changed.

Something really needs to change, but if you observe just a few minutes how people drive through here, I'm not so sure any map edits will be of much help.

11 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Cause if you do World Of Trucks contracts that intersection can cause trouble.

Someone shares my concerns. They tell you, just don't take WoT jobs through there. I say, why do you need this when most people driving through here will care for nothing, no matter what you do, it will help almost nothing.

This is a good idea, but let's not make more areas NCZ.

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

The infrastructure wasn't made for the amount of road traffic users we see in that area in multiplayer.

It inevitably leads to dangerous situations, especially where road traffic users have to change lanes or merge.

It therefore is good practice to reduce the number of merging points to the minimum necessary. Maybe a traffic circuit will be more efficient.

19 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

I am against this idea. As the intersection made on the CD road is already causing enough trouble as it is with the players who play the game normally. Cause if you do World Of Trucks contracts that intersection can cause trouble. Cause you go slight out of place if you change from the highway to the CD road. The same would happen here. If you came from Calais and had to go up to the highway Or if you came from the highway and had to go to Calais, you would go slightly out of place compared to where the normal road would be and it would again cause trouble with World Of Trucks contracts. And we should not interfere with the people playing the game as intended. Which we would here. Now with the one on the CD road it dosent really matter a whole lot. Cause the game hardly takes you on the CD road anyway. But it does take you through Calais or this part of the map in general so it would probably interfere with a lot of World Of Trucks contracts. So for me, changing this layout is not a good idea.

Thank you for your feedback. While i respect that, i just don't care about WoT contracts. Sets you to a slow speed regardless of the speed limiter and the road speed. Feels like it takes all month to complete a single job. Plus, players who like doing WoT can take a slightly longer route by taking the train to Dover and then taking the ferry to Calais. No offense but i'm trying to think of how to improve problem areas so that traffic can flow a little bit easier. If your main focus is about WoT, i recommend playing on a server without map edits, sticking to Single Player, or avoiding contracts for this area. I don't know why the middle of CD got a revamp when it used to be a problem area in the past when 2 other areas need better flow. The first being the area mentioned here. The second being the Duisburg exit. While that got a stop light, it's not done much to improve the traffic flow.

20 hours ago, ZabbeX said:

This looks promising. I think it will definitely improve the traffic flow making drivers to continously drive without having to stop or have any kind of accident while trying to enter or leave Calais.

Note: Would probably be better if you could post this into the suggestions section where people can upvote and discuss your suggestion.

Will do. Didn't notice that i had to make a suggestion. Always thought you had to make a topic for it to be moved. My mistake.

10 minutes ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

Thank you for your feedback. While i respect that, i just don't care about WoT contracts. Sets you to a slow speed regardless of the speed limiter and the road speed. Feels like it takes all month to complete a single job. Plus, players who like doing WoT can take a slightly longer route by taking the train to Dover and then taking the ferry to Calais. No offense but i'm trying to think of how to improve problem areas so that traffic can flow a little bit easier. If your main focus is about WoT, i recommend playing on a server without map edits, sticking to Single Player, or avoiding contracts for this area. I don't know why the middle of CD got a revamp when it used to be a problem area in the past when 2 other areas need better flow. The first being the area mentioned here. The second being the Duisburg exit. While that got a stop light, it's not done much to improve the traffic flow.

Will do. Didn't notice that i had to make a suggestion. Always thought you had to make a topic for it to be moved. My mistake.

But i could say the same to you? If that area is a problem with traffic then why dont you drive somewhere else? This should never be about catering to those who just drive up and down the CD road. This should always be about catering to those who want to play the simulator. And telling people that they can just take a different route so that you can have the map edited so you can drive up and down the CD road is not a solution to ruining the intentional gameplay. This is a trucking simulator and that should always be first priority. And as far as i know these map edits comes to all the servers except for the promods one. So i cant just choose another server. But you can. There is always Arcade if this traffic is a problem. ?

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

But i could say the same to you? If that area is a problem with traffic then why dont you drive somewhere else? This should never be about catering to those who just drive up and down the CD road. This should always be about catering to those who want to play the simulator. And telling people that they can just take a different route so that you can have the map edited so you can drive up and down the CD road is not a solution to ruining the intentional gameplay. This is a trucking simulator and that should always be first priority. And as far as i know these map edits comes to all the servers except for the promods one. So i cant just choose another server. But you can. There is always Arcade if this traffic is a problem. ?

I don't just drive up and CD. I've been to Rotterdam, Berlin, and even Italy where there's a huge player difference at any given time. Tell that to 1,000+ players who are currently on CD as we speak. I'm seeing a queue leaving Duisburg, not surprised. Tell them to go explore the map. This suggestion wouldn't even be needed if players spread out. But for some reason, they can't get buddy up and go elsewhere. Yes, it's their choice. But when does it become boring to drive up and down the same road 200 times a day, 1,000 times a week? I don't have to think of the players who are addicted to that road. I didn't have to think of a way to try and make a long trip even shorter. But i guess game mods love watching the same broken spots session after session after session. So get everyone to go decline this suggestion and when that happens, i won't go anywhere near CD unless i have a job going through there.

Alright, let's start catering to the simulator. I've been thinking of a new suggestion relating to speed limits. Let's start there. While we're at it, let's get weather server synced along with road events and detours. Simulation Server isn't simulation, it's an Arcade server.

It would be great nice project thanks.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Archived