A little Gameplay Challenge/Suggestion........

.....for Those who  reached all in ETS2 and being a bit bored.  As you know, TruckersMP started the #Road to Simulation initiative. Basicly it is more focussed on the Rules and not the Gameplay so far.

Some of you might remember my little Guide to improve the Realistic Driving Experience. https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/101665-how-to-improve-the-simulation-setup-in-multiplayer/

Now its Time for a little Multiplayer Roleplay Challenge, to make the Gameplay a bit more difficult.

This is only a Suggestion, and it is up to you to play with these Rules:

At 1st You start a new Profile and chose your Starting Location, as usual! You can create the new Profile in Single Player or in Multiplayer, that doesn´t matter. I suggest to start in Multiplayer, drive with your 1st Cargo to the next Hotel or Service and go to sleep, to synchronize your Profile with the Server. Then finish your delivery. You will get no Experience or Money, that is normal.

After this, you chose a Quick Job, the only Option that you have in this Moment. This will be your first Job were you get Money and XP.

After this Job, it is again up to you to take a Bank Loan of 100.000 € to buy a Truck or to continue your Career with Quick Jobs, till you have enough Money and XP to buy a "better" Truck! Pro Tip, when you decide to continue with Quick Jobs, keep in Mind that you need to Sleep every 3rd Job, otherwise you lose the Synchronization with the Server and will see no Jobs.

These are the Rules:

- No Cheating of XP, Money or Truck. Also the Trick, to buy a Car in MP and switching to SP to convert the Car into a Default 420 HP Scania, is not allowed. ?

- No modded or Save Edited Trucks/Trailers, only Default is allowed.

- You are allowed to take 1 Time a Bank Loan of 100000 €. Not more! Every following Purchase must be done without a Bank Loan.

- TruckersMP offers a "Insurance" for your Truck. That means, you can type /fix Ingame in the Chat and your Truck gets fully repaired, except the Trailer and the Cargo. You are allowed to use this Command when you were intentionally Rammed by other Players. But, regular Repairs and Damage that you´ve made by your own, must be payed by yourself!

- You must have 6 Skill Points First, then you are allowed to upgrade your Profile. You are not allowed to set all 6 point into one Skill, the max. for each Skill is 2 points at once. This reduce your overall Progress and make it harder to Level up! ?

- You cant technical Upgrade your Truck. That means, you are not allowed to change the Cabin Size, the Engine, the Transmission or the Chassis. Only Cosmetics are allowed like Paintjobs, Rims, Tyres, Bullbars, Mirrors, Airhorns and so on. The Basic Truck ( Engine, Cabin, Transmission, Chassis) must be configured at the Truck Dealer.

Your Truck must have a plausible Configuration in comparison to the Cargo/Trailer that you pull. As Example, it is not realistic to pull a 60 Ton Cargo with a 4x2/310 HP Iveco.

- Your 1st Truck must be bought at the Local Truck Dealer of your Starting Location or the next which is nearby. As Example, you starting in Hamburg, then you must buy a IVECO. You start in Kassel, then the next would be Hannover. ? 

- You must Drive your First Truck 300000 KM. In Reality the Companys leasing a Truck for 3 Years and the "normal" Distance that a Truck Drive in One Year is around 120000 - 180000 KM.

- You are not allowed to Hire AI Drivers. It is just you and your Truck that makes Money!

- When you have bought your 1st Truck, you need to haul World Of Truck Cargos only. (Cause of Speedlimit and harder Physics, also the Risk is higher to lose the Cargo)

Known Issues/Solution:

A known Problem is the Quick Job Market when you have no own Truck. After a few Jobs, the List is Empty, this happen because of losing the Synchronization between your Profile Client and the Server.  The following Steps helping you to refresh the Quick Job List without Disconnecting:

1.  If the List is Empty after your las Job, save the Game manually!

2. Open the Console and type g_force_economy_reset 1 and close the Console!

3. Load your save and there will be new Jobs in the List.

- You need to discover all Citys of your Country, before you are allowed to drive to Other Countrys. Which means, you starting in Germany, then you have to haul Cargo to every City in Germany first, then you are allowed to drive to other Countrys.

- Like in Real Life, you are not allowed to haul Cargo inside other Countrys, when you not have a Company in this Country. https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/road/haulage/cabotage_en  That means, as Example, you can drive from Kassel to Paris and from Paris back to Germany or any other Country, or from Paris to Calais and then to Dijon. After that your next Cargo must go to another Country.

- You are allowed to buy 1 Garage in each Country, not more, till you have discovered all Citys on the whole Map. Then you are allowed to buy more!

If you have bought a Garage in every City, then you are free to Hire AI Drivers and make as much Money as you want. But i am sure, if you playing with these Rules, it takes a very long Time to reach this Goal! ?

If you have suggestions and questions, feel free to ask!

To identify Players that playing with these Rules please use Simulation Enthusiastic Truckers  = S.E.T.

This can be placed on Nameplates or as Tag. It is short enough to have "room" for VTC Tags also when you are in a VTC or your Name or something else that you want to have as Tag!  ?

• Guest changed the title to A little Gameplay Challenge/Suggestion........

Yes, I think it's a good suggestion. We should be able to explore it and at the same time pull the goods to the designated delivery point!

I like your idea. ?
It matches many aspects of how I use the simulator.

As a matter of fact, I recently started a new profile. But I challenged myself even more: I changed the income factor from 1 to 0.2! It therefore will take longer to earn money and to buy my first truck.

Thank you for sharing the information about the Road Cabotage. I didn't know that. From now on, I will implement it in my new profile.

Safe travels!

This is quite interesting.

Perhaps we can have a specific server dedicated to those who'd wish to take on this challenge.

how is this suppose to be a challenge ??    thats the normal madness since at least 5 profiles for me...   

"- Like in Real Life, you are not allowed to haul Cargo inside other Countrys"    realy ???  you can do this for max 4 weeks then you have to leave . 

ever wondered why there are so many kollegas around ??  they use and abuse this rule up to the last minute  , got a little detour over the border and re-enter for the next 4 weeks ....  thats commen practice ....   

and Companys hire them in large numbers  since they are way cheaper as local Transports without to have to pay for insurence and other outtakes ....

1 hour ago, seth_haveron said:

how is this suppose to be a challenge ??    thats the normal madness since at least 5 profiles for me...   

"- Like in Real Life, you are not allowed to haul Cargo inside other Countrys"    realy ???  you can do this for max 4 weeks then you have to leave . 

ever wondered why there are so many kollegas around ??  they use and abuse this rule up to the last minute  , got a little detour over the border and re-enter for the next 4 weeks ....  thats commen practice ....   

and Companys hire them in large numbers  since they are way cheaper as local Transports without to have to pay for insurence and other outtakes ....

You are right, in Reality the Companys find enough Ways to "bypass" or to "extend" the Rules. But that is not the intention here. My Suggestion is made for the Game Experience, because here on TruckersMP we are all living in a purple plush world with happy and rule following Players at every corner! ?

You are free to play within the "rules" of this suggestion.

22 hours ago, Startle_The_Heavens_xX said:

This is quite interesting.

Perhaps we can have a specific server dedicated to those who'd wish to take on this challenge.

There is no need for a Special Server, because driving on the MP Servers is the Fun and the Risk. And you do not need to be afraid of being trolled by other Players, because the Map is large and as long you are not driving 24/7 from Calais to Duisburg, you will be able to earn enough Money.

It is up to you to accept these suggested Rules and play within these. ?

But at the End you can say, was it fun or not! And was i honest to myself!

21 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I love the sound of this challenge. It is very creative!
This will certainly give the simulation a more realistic experience, and make it both more challenging and more fun at the same time. ?

That is correct and the positive Side Effect, you are exploring the whole Map!

I will update the "Rules" a bit, in Case you got rammed by other Players.

EDIT: We need a cool Shortcut for the Name Plate or Tag, so we are able to Identify us, in case we met us Ingame! ?

Hmmm, not bad, but my suggestion is not official. And in Case, there will be a Road To Simulation 4 Announcement, it can cause confusion overall!

Edit: I´ve updated the First Post, there are some little Problems when you have no own Truck. ?

Speaking of own Truck: My "Home" for the next 300.000 KM!

As Shortcut, what you Guys thinking about this?  Simulation Enthusiastic Truckers on The Road = S.E.T.O.R.  or just S.E.T !

I like "ALIVE" and "SET" so far. I will wait a few Days, maybe there will be more suggestions to make a poll then ?

On 6/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Aquatic Sparrow said:

Make it an official server mod for Sim 4 and there's no way it can be cheated. Unless you are seeing full sessions of everyone doing the challenge, how do you know no one may try to alter a rule.

You betray yourself then. ?

As i wrote, this is a suggestion, you can follow the full rules or just a few of them. A challenge should be fun and not a must, specially in a Game.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, blabberbeak said:

There are many possible shortcuts. 

Here are a few:

READEE

REAlistic Driving Experience

RIDER

RealistIc Driving ExpeRience

RIDE

RealistIc Driving Experience

ALIVE

reAListic drIVing Experience

TRIP

realisTic dRIving exPerience

ENGINE

rEalistic driviNG experIeNcE

whatever Sh!t you Smoke brother .... i want some too....  ? 

I am at Level 10 now, and i didn´t made it to get a WOT Cargo to every City in Germany so far! ? 

I do not Fast Travel and avoid empty Driving ?

1 hour ago, W4chund said:

I am at Level 10 now, and i didn´t made it to get a WOT Cargo to every City in Germany so far! ? 

I do not Fast Travel and avoid empty Driving ?

So you've already took a loan from the bank!
How much is your daily credit instalment?

I've reached level 10 on June 5 (Skilled Worker, 11.437 experience), finished 37 deliveries (quick jobs only), driven 8.103 kilometers and earned a total of 35.380 EUR (I set the income factor to 0.2).

What are your stats?

I accept your challenge...! ? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I accepted this challenge only level 2 although i did violate one rule in that i took a job from plymouth to calais only realized it after that wasn't supposed to cross borders yet. still started off in the UK so being from Canada this whoel RHD thing is kinda weird have to keep reminding myself to stay on the proper side of the road.

Was a tag ever agreed on? right now using #RTS4 

I think as Shortcut is Simulation Enthusiastic Truckers = S.E.T. the best.

Thanks for your suggestions, blabberfreak and Fummelprinz! ?

Archived