Few people on servers

FBTC XTheBoss1X

As you know, SCS is developing multiplayer for ETS and ATS. After the release of the same, the amount of people on TMP servers decreased drastically! I would like to know why...

Also, the "simulation 1" server has been much more empty than "simulation 2". What's happening?

Hello!

Recently Truckers MP game servers in ETS has had stability issues, severs ping has been very high, causing lag. And at times it has fully died. Sadly there hasn't been any official word from Truckers MP what's causing this.

Since you mentioned the ETS / ATS SCS beta multiplayer, I just wanted to add I personally don't think it has such a huge impact on Truckers MP, although it might.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

As a ex-manager in TruckersMP, managing a community is not easy. You really must have time and good employees if you want to manage it very good. 

SCS Software is a game company and i think that they never have time to manage it. They always focus on new updates and DLCs. 

TruckersMP is continuing to manage this community through long ages in my opinion. 

TruckersMP won't be impacted that much.

1. At the moment, the beta is only doing convoys. If i'm not mistaken, it can only hold 10 players with synced everything. That's way less then 4,800 players.
  2. SCS has to show us that their multiplayer will be just as good, if not better then TMP. Which i'm guessing means that traffic offenses are on by default, detours on, and what not.

Now if SCS wants to get info from TMP about handling this amount of players, then that is the key to making their mp great.

Hello as other said truckersmp servers have connection issues also  people have diffrent play time zones but uusually servers are busy.

I dont think SCSs MP feature has caused much of a difference. The past two days the TruckersMP API has had some stability issues including extremely high ping (likely some sort of overload) and a few crashes causing some servers to have high amounts of lag or crash entirely. The website and forum as well as apps that use the API like Trucky have all been affected by this as well. Hopefully, once the devs iron the situation out, they will release a news update about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is calm from time to time yes but many people go to school and work.Usually quiet on weekdays but always crowded on weekends.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Normally when there is a beta version this happens since most update and more considering that this update brings its own mp. Many are testing their games with map mods (unofficial), when the official 1.41 and the updated mp are released, I think they will see the number of people there were again. We must also take into account that we all work or study or have our daily and personal priorities.

1 hour ago, araw6504 said:

TMP can win to attract back their old MP players if their MP facilities occupied also with AI traffic like SCS did. It is possible? I personnaly spend almsot everyday with SCS MP since they start launching 1.41 beta. Haven't join any TMP big convoy event since that day.

Mixing TMP with SCS MP could be some interesting option, but only for an extra server and I don't know if a lot of people would like that as you really have to stick to the traffic rules and speed limits. Otherwise it would end up in total chaos, which I suppose it would anyway be?

21 hours ago, TS Horizon said:

Mixing TMP with SCS MP could be some interesting option, but only for an extra server and I don't know if a lot of people would like that as you really have to stick to the traffic rules and speed limits. Otherwise it would end up in total chaos, which I suppose it would anyway be?

Even though I like driving with AI traffic in the new SCS MP sometimes, I think mixing up with TMP wouldn't be such a good thing, because a new server would mean less people on the existing servers, wich are already quite empty in most regions of the map (away from D-C road and Kirkenes).

I think TruckersMP should focus on making the servers (especially ProMods) more attractive by having more events going on. I know so many people who used to play ETS2 and TMP almost every day, but have now retired from playing the game, because it's not interesting enough for them in the long run. That's very sad.

Because this discussion is a bit off topic here, I would like to refer to this idea how to make TMP more attractive:

But first and foremost TMP should focus on more stability regarding their servers, wich is also the reason why there are more people on Sim2 than on Sim1 at the moment.

LegendsTruckers.deyoutube.com/vipmagazinyoutube.com/gamesmag

Languages: German, English, Spanish • Discord: Marco.aus.Berlin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived