Does SCS's new convoy feature make it easier for TruckersMP to release support updates or new features?

With SCS releasing their version of a multiplayer feature, I was wondering if,  with it being native to the game, would it make it easier for the TruckersMP devs to release support updates or new features like the long awaited feature of AI traffic. I have a small background in development but not much in modding or online multiplayer so was wondering how this affected TruckersMP development and whether it can help or not. 

It could help TruckersMP in development. But "Convoy" is a real threat to TruckersMP, because it's the official SCS Multiplayer - more and more players will join!

But I am really looking forward seeing what TruckersMP have in their mind, when it comes to new ideas and creations.

• Like 2
  • True Story 1

1994424284_Signaturex145.png.2818caee6d3562984b896056a07df3ca.png

Member since 24th December, 2014.

2 minutes ago, Flips said:

It could help TruckersMP in development. But "Convoy" is a real threat to TruckersMP, because it's the official SCS Multiplayer - more and more players will join!

But I am really looking forward seeing what TruckersMP have in their mind, when it comes to new ideas and creations.

It wont be  convoy may reach 16 players but no more It's not designed that way.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Flips said:

True in that it might draw other players to it that only look to play with friends, but due to the player limit I think the main player base of TruckersMP should stay roughly the same. 

I definitely do think that since SCS is adding MP into the game that it would help TruckersMP development but hopefully some more experienced devs that have developed online games in the past can shed some more light onto it. 

Just now, Farm Shark said:

True in that it might draw other players to it that only look to play with friends, but due to the player limit I think the main player base of TruckersMP should stay roughly the same. 

I definitely do think that since SCS is adding MP into the game that it would help TruckersMP development but hopefully some more experienced devs that have developed online games in the past can shed some more light onto it. 

Personally I won't be playing "Convoy" when the player limit is at 8 people, but this is a beta-version and maybe in the future they would have servers that can reach up to thousands of people.

But I do think it's great for TruckersMP that there's a new contender on the market (official contender).

1994424284_Signaturex145.png.2818caee6d3562984b896056a07df3ca.png

Member since 24th December, 2014.

I think Scs Mp and truckersmp will help each other like supporting new  stuff that tmp cant support rigt away so it will second  option to play with new updates and etc so I don't think it wont effect tmp negative way

Personally i will play the multiplayer mode of SCS,i don't think it's fun.TruckersMp is a global platform,

If I wanted to play with artificial intelligence, I would play single player anyway. ? 

• Like 3

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Lena' said:

Personally i will play the multiplayer mode of SCS,i don't think it's fun.TruckersMp is a global platform,

If I wanted to play with artificial intelligence, I would play single player anyway. ? 

569972341619163137.png?v=1 my words 

It might help TMP, but I don't think so. The SCS multiplayer has nothing to do with TMP and as far as I know it is structured differently.

So yea.. but who know's, maybe it helps.

On 14.06.2021 at 01:08, HandOfClash said:

569972341619163137.png?v=1 sözlerim 

TMP yardımcı olabilir , ama sanmıyorum. SCS ile ilgisi yoktur, çok oyunculu TMP ve bildiğim kadarıyla bildiğimiz farklı yapılandırılmıştır.

Yani evet.. ama kim bilir, belki yardımcı olur.

I don't think so, I would rather see the open world than drive with 8 or 16 people.:) 

I don't drive anywhere other than Truckers mp.

• Like 3

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

On 6/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, [VIVA] Matty said:

Healthy competition is always nice! I think the devs would need to be careful not to reverse-engineer official multiplayer sourcode though as that might be stepping too much on SCS' toes.

Yeap and they can close trucksmp if they wanted to , however i think Scs mp ill bring alot features that trucksmp will never have , besides allowing to have 4500 guys in same server its the only thing that comes to my mind , the rest Scs mp have and will have more features.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's hard to say, really. Of course, the best source of such knowledge will be the Game Developers: @mwl4and @ShawnCZek who have knowledge and skills.
I believe they will write some sentences their insights related to Convoy(scs mp) for the community after supporting game version 1.41. Perhaps they will be able to observe something possible to implement in a short time (maybe the map displayed on the screen while driving). We will see.

15.jpg

I now realize what is most important to me as player at TruckersMP. I hope that the changes to the game code due in 1.41 will not be a huge obstacle to supported a new version on TruckersMP.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MarkON said:

Well, it's hard to say, really. Of course, the best source of such knowledge will be the Game Developers: @mwl4and @ShawnCZek who have knowledge and skills.
I believe they will write some sentences their insights related to Convoy(scs mp) for the community after supporting game version 1.41. Perhaps they will be able to observe something possible to implement in a short time (maybe the map displayed on the screen while driving). We will see.

15.jpg

I now realize what is most important to me as player at TruckersMP. I hope that the changes to the game code due in 1.41 will not be a huge obstacle to supported a new version on TruckersMP.

Yes, hopefully they will make some form of an announcement. That map feature looks cool although hopefully it won't lead to any more distracted driving by people focusing on the map instead of traffic in front of them. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

@Farm Shark

We can see the results of Game Developers' work in Development Announcment.
It is certain that the implemented map overlay while driving from Convoy mode and it is very likely that the new time system is also derived from Convoy mode. 
Of course, I fingers crossed for more features and faster updates as mentioned in the topic. 

1 hour ago, MarkON said:

@Farm Shark

We can see the results of Game Developers' work in Development Announcment.
It is certain that the implemented map overlay while driving from Convoy mode and it is very likely that the new time system is also derived from Convoy mode. 
Of course, I fingers crossed for more features and faster updates as mentioned in the topic. 

Yes, for sure. This topic was made when the update was first announced so it's a little old. The map feature is very nice and I'm sure that a lot of people will enjoy it myself included. Although let's definitely hope that more features will arive to make TruckersMP even better. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/30/2021 at 4:46 AM, MarkON said:

15.jpg

This is a pretty good example. It could be even more useful if it's allowed to display more players on the 'M' map just like ets2map (maybe with a less frequency refresh rate).

• 2 months later...

the peoples limit feels quite restricting in this new SCS multiplayer mode. Reminds me a lot of other games allowing "Private servers" to some extend. Makes me wonder if the quality is purely dependent on the hosts upload/download bandwidth and computing power or whether they actually spin up a little private server somewhere at no cost to the users logging into it, which actually would be quite neat but less viable long term.

I think truckersmp offers a very unique experience in being able to queue up for getting on a boat to Calais. All kidding aside, the sheer size and scale I'm sure has been a challenge throughout and should be the bigger allure for more serious players. I can be all the way out in Estonia and come across the odd player now on TruckersMP while when I'd be on an 8 player server I'd have to make sure to stick with the convoy or have a bigger chance of being struck by Lightening.

I hope to some extend that Truckersmp can perhaps find a way some day to have servers with traffic on that also synchronizes with all players equally, but I can only imagine the massive headache around solving that issue at scale. The roads do get a bit empty sometimes without the AI's stopping mid-turn at a traffic light for no reason at all. That being said, I also have experienced many solo hours in game where there barely is any traffic about anyway!!

• 1 year later...

SCS and TruckersMP have pros and cons of each other, and it is still too early to judge what is good. 
I will wait for the announcement of new developments for both SCS and Truckers MP

• Like 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

• 6 months later...

With the release of SCS's version of a multiplayer feature, it indeed opens up new possibilities and potential benefits for the TruckersMP development team. As the multiplayer feature becomes native to the game, it may potentially simplify the integration process and reduce some technical complexities that previously existed when developing a separate multiplayer mod.

One significant advantage is that the TruckersMP developers can now focus more on creating additional support updates and new features, like the much-awaited AI traffic feature, without having to deal with as many compatibility issues or conflicts with the base game's code. With the multiplayer feature being part of the core game, it may streamline the development process and enable the team to work more closely with the game's native elements.

Furthermore, having a multiplayer feature natively supported by SCS could lead to improved stability and performance within the TruckersMP experience. Since the multiplayer functionality is integrated at the game's core level, it is likely to benefit from regular updates and optimizations by SCS, ensuring a smoother and more reliable multiplayer experience for players.

While having the native multiplayer feature is undoubtedly beneficial, it's important to keep in mind that the TruckersMP development team may still face some unique challenges. As the modding and multiplayer aspects of the game can be complex, the team might need to invest time and effort into adapting their existing systems and mechanics to coexist harmoniously with SCS's multiplayer implementation.

In conclusion, the inclusion of a native multiplayer feature by SCS is a positive step forward for both the game and the TruckersMP community. It has the potential to ease development efforts, enhance stability, and pave the way for exciting new features like AI traffic. However, the actual impact will depend on the specifics of how the TruckersMP team collaborates with SCS and how they leverage the opportunities presented by the native multiplayer functionality.

As the development progresses, we can look forward to exciting updates and improvements from the dedicated TruckersMP team, making the multiplayer trucking experience even more enjoyable for players worldwide.

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.