Another good idea for ETS2!

LipeLeandro

I'd love to see a panel on ets2 while driving   you could watch videos at the same time, like you normally do when you are driving in real life, you browser thru the digital panel, browser the web, watch videos, of course you listen more than watch because you are driving , but it's fun anyway .

A panel by the gps, by side, like a screen to navigate on the internet, watch YouTube videos, browser in the panel, it sounds nice to me while you are driving long trips, you would enjoy time driving and learning something else, I don't know if anyone is with me o this, but I would love to see it inside the game

7 minutes ago, Oleandro said:

I'd love to see a panel on ets2 while driving   you could watch videos at the same time, like you normally do when you are driving in real life, you browser thru the digital panel, browser the web, watch videos, of course you listen more than watch because you are driving , but it's fun anyway .

A panel by the gps, by side, like a screen to navigate on the internet, watch YouTube videos, browser in the panel, it sounds nice to me while you are driving long trips, you would enjoy time driving and learning something else, I don't know if anyone is with me o this, but I would love to see it inside the game

Except you dont because thats illegal!

24 minutes ago, Oleandro said:

...like you normally do when you are driving in real life...

Im not so sure that's a good idea...its pretty dangerous to not be paying attention while you're driving, especially in real life. It's illegal in most countries anyways.

If you want to have something in the background you're just listening to and not actually watching, you can just have a browser open in the background or use the shift + tab feature that steam has and use the web browser there.

24H4oa0.jpg

As everyone stated above its distracting the driver. It is also illegal in many countries.

A lot of accidents on the road by truck drivers are caused by drivers not focusing on the road and looking at other things.

The idea itself is interesting, but I dont think it will ever be implemented. If you want to do stuff while driving, I recommend listening to music! 

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

12 hours ago, Oleandro said:

while driving   you could watch videos at the same time

I strongly advise against taking your eyes off the road while your vehicle is in motion.

Imagine the following:

if you drive at a speed of 50 km/h and you get distracted for one (1) second, you've traveled a distance of over 13 meters blind.

At 80 km/h I'd be 22 meters and at 90 km/h I'd be 25 meters.

As a reference, a normal truck-trailer combination has a length up to about 18 meters. 

Drive safely.

5 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

I strongly advise against taking your eyes off the road while your vehicle is in motion.

Imagine the following:

if you drive at a speed of 50 km/h and you get distracted for one (1) second, you've traveled a distance of over 13 meters blind.

At 80 km/h I'd be 22 meters and at 90 km/h I'd be 25 meters.

As a reference, a normal truck-trailer combination has a length up to about 18 meters. 

Drive safely.

That's no revolution nor surprised either, some cars have those displays where you can run a DVD, in some modern cars while you are stuck in the traffic, this already exists in modern cars 

6 minutes ago, Oleandro said:

That's no revolution nor surprised either, some cars have those displays where you can run a DVD, in some modern cars while you are stuck in the traffic, this already exists in modern cars 

These devices for driver and front passenger (should) work only when the vehicle has come to a complete stop.

Devices for rear passengers are allowed while driving.

In modern cars you can watch TV whilst the vehicle is stopped and in park or the engine is turned off. Its illegal to watch something whilst driving, hence why you can't do this in cars irl. And I don't think there is currently a truck that even supports TV whilst stopped so for a realism point of view that would be unrealistic. 

On 6/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, Oleandro said:

Hi there. Well to be honest with you, if you do that in real life ,just.... OOOOFFFF:kappa:. Now in game is still very dangerous. Now it should be nice to integrate a youtube/spotify function in the music menu and select music or a playlist from there but that will never happen. So yeah. If you do that in real life, please don't do it anymore and drive safe. 

the majority of accidents happens because people where not paying attention to what they are doing. They might be using their phone, or using the radio or GPS. But quite a lot of accidents happen because of this. Which is why its illegal to be using your phone while driving and so forth. So adding something like this to the trucks? Thats a bad idea. People drive badly enough as it is!

Hey @Oleandro!

I’d hate to be so blunt, but that’s a pretty dangerous suggestion. You should never drive and watch a video at the same time, because if you do, the chances of you becoming involved in an accident will increase dramatically due to driver distraction. 

It would be more acceptable in single player, as you’d only have to deal with AI traffic, but definitely not in the TruckersMP servers as if you cause an accident with another player, then you’re liable to be temporarily banned, most likely for §2.5.

While I understand that you wish for something like this to be implemented into the game, it’s overwhelmingly likely that it won’t happen. However, you can always listen to music or a podcast while driving, so you can be entertained whilst keeping your eyes on the road ahead! ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived