Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Have you ever broken a rule and not been reported for it? (In game)

DanielZenx

Years ago when I traveled to the UK for the first time,  I found myself accidently driving down the wrong side of the road.

I noticed my error when upcoming traffic started flashing his headlights at me.

I stopped immediately and switched lanes at the next suitable and safe location.

Since then, it has never happened to me again.

Every time I find other players doing the same mistake, I inform them in chat and flash my headlights as well.

Live and let live.

I'm very careful as to NOT break any rules while playing MP. Because I know that there are players who will report everything they see, even if they weren't affected at all and I want to keep my +6 years clean history. Someone who has been chill seeing others break rules? That could be me if the rule-breaker didn't interfere with my game. I will report those who crash against my vehicle on purpose or because of reckless driving and those who block my way intentionally (yes, you can tell). Other than that, I don't waste my time.

I think everyone at some point has broken a rule and didn't get reported for it. I have a couple of times let a driver avoid a report because I could see that it was a legit accident, and it wasn't because they were driving recklessly. Eg. A driver overtaking me accidentally hits me because the driver gets to close to the guard-rail and are then send flying across all the lanes. I normally don't report those because the driver was just trying to make sure to have enough room between me and them and then they just by accident got to far to the left.

I also don't always report because I think there is some kind of karma involved in these situations, so if I let a driver go without a report karma will make sure that if I accidentally breaks a rule the driver implemented will not report me. Not that I drive around recklessly but I think if you spent a whole lot of time in-game then at some point you'll be implemented in some kinda accident, just like out in the real world.

spacer.png | spacer.png

Yeah I think so lol. I don't often report someone maybe like once a month. I don't even report if I get rammed and flipped because 9 times outta 10 someone else has reported them. I only ever rlly report someone if they are just blocking. It may be fun at first but it becomes annoying. I don't report if someone has flipped round a corner if they were going to fast because we've all been there - forgetting how heavy a load is or just quickly checking your phone. I would say I'm quite a chill player tbh as I don't use "Rec Ban" because there really isn't a point to it. Its up to a game moderator to deal with people being stupid so if someone rlly messes up then they will deal with it. Just what I think anyways. Love you all! NEwBYdaRKnesS

I want to preface this by saying I'm one of those who never goes above speed limits, always stays in my lane, plays with a wheel, etc. Basically, I play this game very seriously besides the rare times I go on the arcade servers - I consider them and singleplayer my break from the seriousness of the actual Promods server.

Just over a month ago, while still using my old crappy monitor with which I couldn't see people more than about 20 meters ahead - my other monitor had died and I was still awaiting delivery on my new one - I was driving in Iceland in the Scout and was coming up to a junction and just as I turned to go in a truck became very clearly visible right in front of me and I managed to avoid a crash. I explained the situation in chat and he said he'd recorded and would report me. I'm guessing he never got round to it, thank god, but I do count myself very lucky for that as it's the kind of thing that always annoys me when I'm on the other end. I guess since then I can understand why it happens so much - when everything's a blurry, pixelated mess it can be hard to figure out if you're looking at a tree or a truck.

My 1 active ban was actually a report of mine that backfired. 2 guys were blocking a road in Scouts and I got impatient and tried to overtake. I ended up with the longer ban though even though after I'd got past them they overtook me and rammed me off the road. Absolutely an inappropriate overtake from me though and I learned my lesson from that - just gonna F7 away from those situations if possible in the future, but every time it's happened so far since then I've only had to wait a few minutes for them to get bored/banned.

Stick on a good song, sit back and vibe.

1004651805_TMPSignature.png.86dd3157944e03b174964e8d6a390341.png

Guest - Pink Ribbon -
On 6/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, DanielZenx said:

Anyone else ever "accidently" broken a rule in-game and the other guy was chill about it? Alr, thanks for your attention.

aK7K5bg_460s.jpg

There was a time that I was traveling down the road for a short period of time and did not realize I was in the wrong lane ( I was in the UK ) until I seen another player approaching and thought to myself oh no. However we both stopped and he said wrong lane you are in the UK and I quickly pressed F7 and recorrected myself. I apologized to him in game and he said no worries and would not report as people make mistakes. 

Everyone shouted ''rec ban'' when I made a mistake, so no :kappa:

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

We all do mistakes  of course but the solution is you have to know how to communicate and solve it and not repeat it next time  but most people shows angry attitude, uses bad words and etc  that makes things allot worse. 

No I didn't break any rules without breaking this is my red line,but small things have always happened unknowingly and unintentionally. ? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

For who have a driving license, it's really hard to break the rules, because you should know them very well. I think the majority of people breaking the rules it's due the lack of knowledge of the road rules and a proper on road experience, to reflect in game. But seing that the majority of players are very young, it's expected i guess and understandable.

About the the topic question, it's no, because i reflect my real life driving behaviour on the game. Being a simulator, it's something that everybody should do. More fun for us, less work for the team ?:tmp:

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Archived