Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

When traveling in your vehicle what sensitivity do you have your brakes set to

I have my settings turned off because I know how to properly slow my vehicle down and with the intensity set to the lowest setting possible it makes for the most realistic drive and operation of my truck as possible while in game. I have to make sure I am keeping proper distance from the vehicle ahead of me and I need to know how to slow down in various corners and curves.

36 minutes ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

Thanks for the tip at mine my breaking is as soon as a touch my pedals it slams my breaks on. 

Hello and thank you for your answer. I needed that good laugh first thing in the morning. I can already see it now as you are traveling down the road and have to hit the brakes. Never seen a truck go from 68mph to 0mph in .002 seconds LOL

1 minute ago, The_Devils_Advocate said:

Hello and thank you for your answer. I needed that good laugh first thing in the morning. I can already see it now as you are traveling down the road and have to hit the brakes. Never seen a truck go from 68mph to 0mph in .002 seconds LOL

well my truck does. In some ways in truckersmp it helps  when you see a truck coming towards you   in your lane !,

I think it pry depends on what a person is using for instance when I was still using a mouse and keyboard, I had mine set fairly high just because of the setup that I had at that time. Now that I have a wheel and pedals I use a really low intensity setting. I'm sure though that it would pry vary between wheels too based off of what kind of springs they use in the pedals and what feels best. 

My brakes have a fairly low sensitivity. It's not totally full left, but about 1/6 I would say. This is so I can keep it realistic but at the same time keep safe from people ahead of me who lag and people with a higher brake sensitivity  than mine that could slam on their brakes 

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

Mine's at the highest setting. Why?

• Stop and go traffic at slow speed to make sure i stop in time if the player in front wants to suddenly stop.
  • Stopping on a dime if an accident occurs ahead of me.
  • Slowing down from 68 to 25 at the France Tollbooths while 2 truck lengths away from the gates.

I don't care if it's not realistic, i'm preventing multiple ramming/trolling reports by being able to stop instantly.

5 hours ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

Mine's at the highest setting. Why?

• Stop and go traffic at slow speed to make sure i stop in time if the player in front wants to suddenly stop.
  • Stopping on a dime if an accident occurs ahead of me.
  • Slowing down from 68 to 25 at the France Tollbooths while 2 truck lengths away from the gates.

I don't care if it's not realistic, i'm preventing multiple ramming/trolling reports by being able to stop instantly.

And you are entitled to do such because nowhere in the rules does it say we have to set our braking intensity to a certain limit. Thank you for your reply

5 hours ago, Startle_The_Heavens_xX said:

100%, because keyboard driver and better to stop too suddenly than not stop at all.

Understandable and thank you for your reply. 

2 hours ago, The_Devils_Advocate said:

And you are entitled to do such because nowhere in the rules does it say we have to set our braking intensity to a certain limit. Thank you for your reply

Great to meet someone nice and understandable about this instead of being like "That's not realistic at all. You have to play super realistic or you shouldn't be playing at all".

34 minutes ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

Great to meet someone nice and understandable about this instead of being like "That's not realistic at all. You have to play super realistic or you shouldn't be playing at all".

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to their style of driving whether or not that be realistic or  race miles. some of us drive with no brake assist and some of us drive with only half of it enabled and other drivers drive with it completely 100% Max intensity but at the same time everybody has a different control of how they drive whether or not it be with a keyboard or mouse and keyboard or wheel like I have or simply just maybe a controller we don't know what people drive with so we cannot judge how they drive or how they shouldn't drive their vehicle. As for me I know when I used to drive with the keyboard I used to have my brakes quite High because it took forever to stop but now that I drive with a G29 wheel I have my brakes almost down to nothing depending on the areas that I met but most of the time I drive without any brake assist because the alarm amount of experience that I have been playing this game but I respect your opinion and your decision and you have the right to drive your truck however you feel is most comfortable and safe is to you as long as you stay in accordance to the rules and policies set forth by the TruckersMP staff to you

8 hours ago, The_Devils_Advocate said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to their style of driving whether or not that be realistic or  race miles. some of us drive with no brake assist and some of us drive with only half of it enabled and other drivers drive with it completely 100% Max intensity but at the same time everybody has a different control of how they drive whether or not it be with a keyboard or mouse and keyboard or wheel like I have or simply just maybe a controller we don't know what people drive with so we cannot judge how they drive or how they shouldn't drive their vehicle. As for me I know when I used to drive with the keyboard I used to have my brakes quite High because it took forever to stop but now that I drive with a G29 wheel I have my brakes almost down to nothing depending on the areas that I met but most of the time I drive without any brake assist because the alarm amount of experience that I have been playing this game but I respect your opinion and your decision and you have the right to drive your truck however you feel is most comfortable and safe is to you as long as you stay in accordance to the rules and policies set forth by the TruckersMP staff to you

While i don't know if they appeal with how they drive in the report, all i know is that style of driving...intentional or not (keyboard cat, mouse steering or wheel), led to that moment.

Playstyles are like meals. Everyone has one but there's a lot of picky eaters about certain ingredients that aren't harmful to them.

My brake sensitivity is set quite high, it was lower when I was driving alone. Although when I joined VTC's and I started joining convoys, I wanted to have a high brake sensitivity. In a convoy you are quite bound to the person in front of you, and sudden situations that forces you to brake quickly. Situations like lag, uneven speed, crashes etc. And sadly a distance isn't always enough.

If I wasn't driving in convoys and or in busy areas, I would probably have a lower brake sensitivity.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

Mines on around 80%, I'm a Keyboard user still and drive a Triple trailer. Reason I have it fairly high is because of users lagging or stopping abruptly (Also longer vehicles need a bit more to slow down) plus I don't have it on 100% is so I can brake on corners if need be and not seize up and cause any accidents. Plus if anyone behind me has an extra chance to slow down without bumping into me with the reduced 20% ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think at the end ?? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I don´t get the people using 1/4 of brake sensitivity. An empty truck can stop from 60 km/h in about 18,9m, I tried to replicate it using well, an empty truck and since a truck is about 18,75m long I was able to judge so. So I recreated the circumstances and drove on a straight piece of road (straight as in no uphill or downhill, and no curves too) and found out that about 3/4 are the best for non, tuned trucks. With the wider front tire option and assuming you have upgraded brakes  I think full on to the right is realistic too. (but that is only if you want to simulate the upgrades, though) A loaded truck from 60km/h takes 24+m to stop, from my testing with the 3/4 brake sensitivity it is too short, so if you´re loaded about 1/2 seems more realistic. I would provide sources but I don´t know if I´m allowed to link to them, and because I´ve had my experiences I will not whatsoever.

Archived