Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I learned what rec is and do people really record and report them?

ahfuba

Question

Hi, I started to TruckersMP yesterday, and saw a lot of people saying "rec *user id*" or "REC *user id* GG"
I'm kinda scared because I have issues with my Steering Wheel. I crashed and roll to out of road, I didn't crashed to anyone btw, And the truck near me said "hey rec gg"
Can I really get banned that easily? Or is this a toxic-joke that make people scared?

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, ahfuba said:

Hi, I started to TruckersMP yesterday, and saw a lot of people saying "rec *user id*" or "REC *user id* GG"
I'm kinda scared because I have issues with my Steering Wheel. I crashed and roll to out of road, I didn't crashed to anyone btw, And the truck near me said "hey rec gg"
Can I really get banned that easily? Or is this a toxic-joke that make people scared?

Hello there! 

Usually people use this word to scare you or to let you know that you are doing something wrong. But, as is often the case, it's just a word in a chat room, nothing more. But it's up to you to figure out if you're breaking a rule. 

I would also advise you not to use broken gadgets. It is better to be 100% sure that you will get there without incident. 

Also a very big insurance policy for you is to take notes. If you record how you drive, it will help you justify yourself if you get banned and it's not your fault. For example: Running a private stream that only you will see.

Regards,
Skazochnick
TruckersMP - Support 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

People do legitimately record to make reports, but there are also people who say "rec" just to scare.

Also, not every recording is then put to a report, some people will review their recording after and decide if they should make a report from it afterwards.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell if someone reports you on the web, unless you end up with a ban.

It's easiest to view if you have received a ban on your profile (https://truckersmp.com/profile), or by logging into the TruckersMP client.

And keep in mind that if you do get banned, you can make an appeal here: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

24H4oa0.jpg

Hello,

You can check the TruckersMP rules via the following link: https://truckersmp.com/rules

If you cause an accident due to your fault, you could get banned, however, this is ultimately dependent on the specific situation. You said that you didn't crash into anyone, so you should be fine, however, if you made any danger to anyone near you, you might risk of getting banned. Usually players like to type "rec ban" to scare the other player(s), most likely they just wrote this to scare you, however, there might be some cases when they really recorded you and filed a report. Note that every report is idependently reviewed, and if no rule violation occured, you are not going to get banned. If you have any further questions, I would advise to contact the Game Moderation Managment through the feedback system here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback

Also note that, rule §1.1 - Account clearly outlines that in case if you caused an accident due to your keyboard/steering wheel or anything similar is broken you can be punished.

They can more specifically help you and they are trained upper-staff's.

Let us know if this helped,

Kind Regards,

LogRol

Hello there!

Has your problem/question been resolved with the answer given above?

The confirmation of the status of your problem/question helps us always keep our forum organized!

I await your response.

Kind Regards,

Caramba2412

TruckersMP Support

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader