What happend to Calais <-> Duisburg?

anautonell

Hello Fellow Members of the Community! I'm here because i've seen a big difference these months, do you guys remember when there where so many people playing in Calais <-> Duisburg Road? There was a terrific amount of people! But now, I didn't see as many people (maybye because I connected in the wrong server or timezone). So I decided to make this foto to show this community! This is all I wanted too say... (And a question, have you noticed something different?)

Stay Safe! ?

20210528201156_1.jpg

I personally have never been a real Calais Duisburg fan just because of the sheer amount of traffic there so I've pretty much always driven outside of that area. What I have noticed though is more players in areas of the map where there used to be not as many players so maybe it's a sign of some good things coming in terms of traffic.

55 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

They are on EU2 now since EU1 had some problems with the server.

Don't you mean Sim1 and Sim 2, We haven't had EU2 and 1 for ages? ?

And its probably down to server issues, and what server you actually play on because Sim2 is most popular rn as Sim1 was having issues, now it has appeared to have swapped.

Apart from the very busy and congested roads, there are new updates too ... hmmmmm wow ?the updates are great, but it's a shame you won't be able to try the new route until July 2021?

Currently, maybe only a few people can enter Simulation 1. We have to switch to SIM Server 1/2 several times during convoy and we can enter SGP because there is a problem with the server. Hopefully the server problem will be resolved soon 

I very rarely go down the C-D road now. I only go on it only when I have to now lol. I'm probably be getting the Iberia today or the next few days, can't wait to check that out.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

Hi. I think that the servers are the reason for that, indeed. But would be nice to get rid off the C-D road and make the players explore different zones in the map. Sometimes the map feels sooo lonely that I think that i got disconnected from the server. I had lots of drives where i haven't seen one person from start till end. So yeah. C-D road is not good

Hello new famous  place is kirkenes thats why we dont see many players in C-D road  but kirkenes is allot worse then C-D now  I prefer to drive new areas or do jobs  because driving  same place everyday wont be fun.

1 hour ago, Husky_06 said:

Hello new famous  place is kirkenes thats why we dont see many players in C-D road  but kirkenes is allot worse then C-D now  I prefer to drive new areas or do jobs  because driving  same place everyday wont be fun.

Thanks for that, I was just accepting a Delivery there! But why? Not many people have the Nord DLC, or do you need it?

Kind Regards, 

anautonell

35 minutes ago, anautonell said:

Thanks for that, I was just accepting a Delivery there! But why? Not many people have the Nord DLC, or do you need it?

Kind Regards, 

anautonell

well first of all people dont buy dlc because its  more expensive then the game  also  many dont like to pay that money for dlc  or they dont have good pc to handle heavy areas so they just play on basic map and if they get punishment or something they think its not big lose because game is cheaper on sales

1 hour ago, Husky_06 said:

well first of all people dont buy dlc because its  more expensive then the game  also  many dont like to pay that money for dlc  or they dont have good pc to handle heavy areas so they just play on basic map and if they get punishment or something they think its not big lose because game is cheaper on sales

Okay, thanks for telling me!

Kind Regards,

anautonell

On 5/28/2021 at 2:19 PM, anautonell said:

Hello Fellow Members of the Community! I'm here because i've seen a big difference these months, do you guys remember when there where so many people playing in Calais <-> Duisburg Road? There was a terrific amount of people! But now, I didn't see as many people (maybye because I connected in the wrong server or timezone). So I decided to make this foto to show this community! This is all I wanted too say... (And a question, have you noticed something different?)

Stay Safe! ?

20210528201156_1.jpg

You are definitely either playing on the wrong server and/or at the wrong time.

If you look at this, it shows the players live. Sim 1 has around 1,350 while Sim 2 has around 2,940. You also have to consider these things

• How many CD players have gotten an active ban from any created reports?
  • Is a Holiday coming up? While i don't know the holidays for the rest of the world, USA's about to have Memorial Day.
  • Is CD on a cooldown because Youtubers (such as Tony) haven't uploaded a new video lately to remind them about CD?
  • If a server has a crash, there's a low player count while the numbers get back up. Also, players may not be yet aware that the crashed server is booting up so they'll stay on the popular server.
  • There could be IRL plans (such as school, summer activities, ect) that are hindering them.

Kirkness is the area on the ProMods Server for the quarry road.

Guest - Pink Ribbon -

I've driven the Calais to Duisburg Road thousands of times and it's the only road I drive as I do enjoy the popularity and on the rare occasion people follow the road rules and don't think they're playing Forza or GTA.

I did take a couple months break from multiplayer due to I kept being targeted (Being a triple trailer) and kept getting annoying. In that time the intersection halfway has been removed and replaced with that crazy motorway junction spaghetti thing and to be fair I'm not a fan on it. I loved the queues and now it's been kiddyfied (I understand why they changed it ofcourse) but the people who ram, inappropriately overtake, block etc ruined it. I'm actually not a huge fan of the Duisburg no collision city update aswell because it stops halfway into the city outer roads with no good indication on when the no collision starts/stops so the ones in "ghost mode" come out and it causes mayhem as they crash into another player plus the petrol station is chaos.

It seems the "fix" to solve traffic is only half done and don't know if there's going to be any plans on improving it?

Archived