Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Calais - Duisburg Road Improvements (East of Duisburg)

Welcome to Highways TruckersMP.

Project: Improving road junctions east of Duisburg.

Goal(s): Safer roads, lessened journey times and decreased levels of traffic congestion.

Contractors: Renegade Construction Co.

Start Date: TBD

End Date: TBD

Delays Expected.

Plan:

tmp.jpg

hw tmp.jpg

This is a good idea, the flow of traffic would be better, therefore no big lines, less crashes, etc.

About the people not knowing how to use a roundabout. If there's a barrier going all the way to the ring itself, it will instantly eliminate a big amount of collisions.

The only scary part about this is, if people ignore who has the right of way.

It seems like a decent idea, but it would then pose the even bigger risk of people not giving way, which could cause more chaos.

However I do agree the road network could be altered to steady the flow of traffic.

I would suggest an overpass like junction, exactly like the new one at the Brussels intersection, as then there should be no issues with right of way.

Stop requesting improvements where they are absolutely not needed, just becasue part of the community wishes to drive on single road, making it super overcrowded, and also without ever touching brake pedal at the same time - these two things are not compatible :LUL:

Apart from that, tampering with the map presents problems for World of Trucks users, which is also not negligible part of the community.

This would be a decent idea, the amount of crashes will probably decrease and I like those creative intersections ? 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

5 hours ago, Granite said:

Stop requesting improvements where they are absolutely not needed, just becasue part of the community wishes to drive on single road, making it super overcrowded, and also without ever touching brake pedal at the same time - these two things are not compatible :LUL:

Apart from that, tampering with the map presents problems for World of Trucks users, which is also not negligible part of the community.

The map has already been edited by TMP, look at the brussels junction, so I dont see a problem doing this.

36 minutes ago, pusspusscat1 said:

The map has already been edited by TMP, look at the brussels junction, so I dont see a problem doing this.

Yes, I know about it and I don't agree with it. If I drive through there with WoT job I may get desynchronized and job suspended, if I try to resume, I will get teleported back in the last position somewhere in the middle of the road.

There should be server with zero map modification, but TMP puts it on all servers. Why? To please one part of the community while screwing up the rest in a futile attempt to ease the load on the report system?

But you probably have no idea what I am talking about, looking at your 2 days old profile and steam account with just a one game, a base ETS2, no dlc and 21 hours on record. And you are also an acomplsihed modder.

I think something stinks here.:thinking:

20 hours ago, Granite said:

Yes, I know about it and I don't agree with it. If I drive through there with WoT job I may get desynchronized and job suspended, if I try to resume, I will get teleported back in the last position somewhere in the middle of the road.

There should be server with zero map modification, but TMP puts it on all servers. Why? To please one part of the community while screwing up the rest in a futile attempt to ease the load on the report system?

But you probably have no idea what I am talking about, looking at your 2 days old profile and steam account with just a one game, a base ETS2, no dlc and 21 hours on record. And you are also an acomplsihed modder.

I think something stinks here.:thinking:

It's simple. Don't take WoT jobs through that area. The area needs a revamp anyhow. Belgium & Netherlands are among the original map areas that are on the wrong map scaling that SCS needs to touchup regardless of what TMP does to try and help the traffic obsessed with CD Road. I believe the original map is on 1:25 scale while updated and newer DLC is on 1:16. If you haven't already, https://map.truckersmp.com/ use this and select the ProMods Server. Then scroll to Netherlands & Belgium. This gives an idea of what the revamp could be like. And if you look at Google Maps (or rather and map site) and go to Calais, Brussels, and other cities, it shows a different layout then what the game has for those areas.

15 hours ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

It's simple. Don't take WoT jobs through that area. The area needs a revamp anyhow. Belgium & Netherlands are among the original map areas that are on the wrong map scaling that SCS needs to touchup regardless of what TMP does to try and help the traffic obsessed with CD Road. I believe the original map is on 1:25 scale while updated and newer DLC is on 1:16. If you haven't already, https://map.truckersmp.com/ use this and select the ProMods Server. Then scroll to Netherlands & Belgium. This gives an idea of what the revamp could be like. And if you look at Google Maps (or rather and map site) and go to Calais, Brussels, and other cities, it shows a different layout then what the game has for those areas.

Whole map is 1:19, only UK is 1:15, because the original map was converted from maps of previous SCS titles back when they had like 10 employees. Don't misunderstand me, I want whole map revamped by SCS like what they did with Germany, just leave that to them. By the way area around Duisburg is already finished and will not see any changes.  I know Promods map very well, and have been all over, many parts are great and many parts are untouched, making the quality vary extremely, just like the vanilla map. 

And as simple as "don't take WoT jobs there" sounds, I can provide similar arguments - why do you keep going to the same bloody road, when whole of Germany is revamped, many map expansions exist?

Why not make one server with map changes, fence off the area and name it C-D Speedway, add vertical loops and jumping ramps or whatever, if TMP want so much to support this part of the community, which is also notorious, and keep the "Simulation" server free of any map edits. Why TMP pushes them on every vanilla map servers, even arcade server?

I have already given up on ATS multiplayer, because you only meet tumbleweeds on the roads while what few people ever populate the server, most of them are just sitting in Las Vegas.

Here is the plan in action. The junction has already been made, and this is how it will look on the map.

VcBYTa0.png

IXdMhN2.png

20 hours ago, Granite said:

Whole map is 1:19, only UK is 1:15, because the original map was converted from maps of previous SCS titles back when they had like 10 employees. Don't misunderstand me, I want whole map revamped by SCS like what they did with Germany, just leave that to them. By the way area around Duisburg is already finished and will not see any changes.  I know Promods map very well, and have been all over, many parts are great and many parts are untouched, making the quality vary extremely, just like the vanilla map. 

And as simple as "don't take WoT jobs there" sounds, I can provide similar arguments - why do you keep going to the same bloody road, when whole of Germany is revamped, many map expansions exist?

Why not make one server with map changes, fence off the area and name it C-D Speedway, add vertical loops and jumping ramps or whatever, if TMP want so much to support this part of the community, which is also notorious, and keep the "Simulation" server free of any map edits. Why TMP pushes them on every vanilla map servers, even arcade server?

I have already given up on ATS multiplayer, because you only meet tumbleweeds on the roads while what few people ever populate the server, most of them are just sitting in Las Vegas.

• 1:19? I knew it was somewhere in that range lol. And believe me, i do also. That is a topic i made after someone suggested i do so. Showing all the comparisons of these unrevamped areas to how similar they are on a real map. Checking my topic a week later, i can see that no one else supports it.
  • The argument of "why do you keep going to the same bloody road" can be answered by one thing. Because those CD addicts got the wrong impression from Idiots on the road videos. I don't mind going down there on a regular basis, such as weekly. But i don't go down it every session i play.
  • Why not make one server and call CD a speedway? Great idea. Make a new topic and suggest it. If that does ever happen, they all will switch to the server that's just like it is now.
  • Yep. ATS was popular at the start. Mainly due to Oxnard being the CD Temp Road. Then the rescale happened. And after a new state gets released, activity picks up for about a week and goes back to being dead. I don't know why Las Vegas is the only city in the game. Not to mention how the map is about to be 10 states completed. I'd play ATS if i had the storage space. Can't get a lot installed with only 236 GB.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We are applying this to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and Moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived