how did you discovered ETS2?

monsterbeast568

Great insight Palle!

Personally, I had one day (as a young teen) looked up 'Free Trucking Game' and stumbled across the original ETS, which I may or may not have pirated. ?

Fast forward some years, ETS2 is released and I used to spend hours watching YouTubers like Squirrel and Stockoglaws play and stream the game. However, my laptop at the time never supported the new game so I was stuck playing ETS1 and watching hours and hours of ETS2.

Then in 2019, at 18 years old I finally had enough money for a decent computer, and got myself a basic mid-range setup. I loved it, played hours of singleplayer and then jumped on the TruckersMP bandwagon at last. Then joined Viva, and, well, here I am nearly 3 years later!!

With the kindest regards,

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always had a curiosity about trucks since I was little, so I discovered this game and I've been playing it for years without getting bored

Good question, I came across this Ladyandromeda live broadcast, that's when I discovered it.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Well, it's a long story.

I was always passionate about simulation games, my first simulation game was Microsoft Flight Simulator from the time of 2000, then:

• I met 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin in its various versions but I only played one.
  • I met Bus Driver, I spent hours playing it.
  • I met Euro Truck Simulator, I played it but I didn't like something in particular that in itself was normal for it to be like that, but I felt that the view of the cabin with the road looked small, I don't know how to explain it. But for me the game was badly done, for that reason the ETS did not play it much.
  • I met 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker.
  • I met 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2.
  • I met German Truck Simulator
  • I met Trucks & Trailers
  • I met Scania Truck Driving Simulator

And when the ETS2 came out I started playing it and since 2012 here I am enjoying every moment.

I Actually started on ETS1 first. I discovered ETS1 about 9 years ago, when i was looking for a good simulation game on youtube. I liked ets 1 a lot, so i downloaded it and started to follow scs updates. When they released ETS2, i bought the physical copy immediately.

Kind Regards,

spacer.png

Prime Logistics - Legendary Driver

Philiipp.#6022 I Twitch I Steam

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I came across ETS2 simply by searching for some new games back in 2018 or something like that. I found the ETS2 Demo version, decided to give it a try and was more than happy with how the Demo went. I then decided to buy the full version and basically played it ever since, gathering around 729 hours in play-time by now. Definitely a buy that was worth its money!

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think I discovered ETS2 in my YouTube feed back in 2014 and decided to download the demo version, which I've then played on for many hours until I finally had the money to find and buy the CD-ROM version on a  in a local electronics store. Fortunately, it came with a steam code, so I didn't have to re-purchase the game for TMP.

Since my childhood I remember searching for games that provide simulation in plan of controlling the vehicle. It always looked fancy for me to have such features as blinkers, wipers, windows and etc. At some point, I came across one of the Georgian YouTubers who was streaming a convoy with his subscribers. I tried demo version of the game before purchasing but then my friends convinced me getting a licensed copy, so that's how I discovered this amazing community.

Back in early 2015, I used to watch a Streamer that only played simulation games. I probably watched his streams around 4-5 times, before I saw him playing TruckersMP back when it was ETS2MP and I was so happy to have found a game that was realistic but also fun. Brings back so many memories of the old days of TMP. It's TMP that has kept a lot of people playing this game, being able to bring the multiplayer aspect has definitely been a fantastic idea from them all. Had some very good memories with this community and look forward to many more! ?

I first became aware of a mobile truck simulator game, which I tried just out of interest. Then I got involved with mechanical work on trucks. Found myself getting more and more interested in trucks, so when I stumbled on ETS2 on Steam, I purchased it and the rest is history. 

Archived