How would you handle this situation?

You are traveling down the road in your truck minding your own business when suddenly an approaching truck loses control and flips over which causes that vehicle to slide in your direction however you notice that there is an administrator sitting on the side of the road in their police vehicle what would you do..............................
(A). Do you hit the brakes as hard as you can in an attempt to stop
(B). Do you veer off the roadway and hit the admin on the side of the road in an attempt to stop
(C). Do you put your foot to the floor and hope for the best
(D). Do you Alt+F4

I'll pick A and if I see that won't work, I'll do fast Alt + F4 ?

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

In my opinion, 

If you pick A, You are probably traveling too fast in the first place.
If you pick B, This means you're most likely traveling on C-D road, Really? Try and drive somewhere else....
If you pick C, The most ignorant option. This just means your already going to fast to stop and you have no intention of stopping. Total disregard for anyone else.
If you pick D, Kind of a temporary solution, it then means you need to put the effort to restart the game and get out the way before you re-connect.

My personal choice:
I generally drive to the speed limit, especially on a road like C-D. That way, if anything occurs, I have enough reaction time, If I see an incident, I then have enough time to slow to a stop, I will then stay stationary until the problem is cleared. Once cleared I continue on my way. 

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

I would choose option A. My hand would instantly go to these keys with reflex (ALT+F4). Or the worst possibility would be an accident.

3 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

In my opinion, 

If you pick A, You are probably traveling too fast in the first place.
If you pick B, This means you're most likely traveling on C-D road, Really? Try and drive somewhere else....
If you pick C, The most ignorant option. This just means your already going to fast to stop and you have no intention of stopping. Total disregard for anyone else.
If you pick D, Kind of a temporary solution, it then means you need to put the effort to restart the game and get out the way before you re-connect.

My personal choice:
I generally drive to the speed limit, especially on a road like C-D. That way, if anything occurs, I have enough reaction time, If I see an incident, I then have enough time to slow to a stop, I will then stay stationary until the problem is cleared. Once cleared I continue on my way. 

I do the same thing, only I don't drive on the C-D road. But it's not so easy. You can slow down to a stop to avoid an obstacle on the road, like a flipped truck, but when that obstacle is coming towards you after flipping at 110 Km/h... Your reasonable speed means very little. I'd brake to try to avoid the accident, go right if It would help avoid the oncoming vehicle, without risking anyone parked on the side of the road and of course, hit the "Instant replay" video save hotkey as soon as the "action" is finished.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I do the same thing, only I don't drive on the C-D road. But it's not so easy. You can slow down to a stop to avoid an obstacle on the road, like a flipped truck, but when that obstacle is coming towards you after flipping at 110 Km/h... Your reasonable speed means very little. I'd brake to try to avoid the accident, go right if It would help avoid the oncoming vehicle, without risking anyone parked on the side of the road and of course, hit the "Instant replay" video save hotkey as soon as the "action" is finished.

Very smart idea because that video would be what saves you from having a ban on record. 

I'd just slam the brakes and hit the handbrake at the same time. If I stop, I stop. If my truck fails to stop, well my tail lights went on (which should plenty of proof for an admin to see I tried stopping) and if it causes a bigger accident regardless of me trying to stop, so be it. Because at the end of the day, it is not my fault that my brakes don't stop in 0.001s anywhere from any speed. SCS didnt make the game that way. If the admin chooses to ban me, well, here comes the usefullness of recording while driving around people

*Uno reversed the admin*

2 hours ago, Galaxy77YT said:

I'd just slam the brakes and hit the handbrake at the same time. If I stop, I stop. If my truck fails to stop, well my tail lights went on (which should plenty of proof for an admin to see I tried stopping) and if it causes a bigger accident regardless of me trying to stop, so be it. Because at the end of the day, it is not my fault that my brakes don't stop in 0.001s anywhere from any speed. SCS didnt make the game that way. If the admin chooses to ban me, well, here comes the usefullness of recording while driving around people

*Uno reversed the admin*

Thank you for your reply and honestly you make a very valid point. If you applied the brakes in an attempt to stop however could not and crashed and a report was submitted against you at least you could appeal it and request for the video to be reviewed from the backside of your truck which would indicate that you did in fact have your brakes applied and you were in an attempt to stop. Thank you for replying. 

I would choose option A. If it's the other truck losing control and gets into your lane then you can't be blamed for the accident as long as you at least try to avoid a collision.

I have noticed that some users are saying that if you can't make a complete stop you're going to fast,  but that isn't necessarily correct. Let's say eg. that you're about to follow the road turning left and someone is coming towards you with to high a speed and then starts to tip over in the turn then no matter how slow you're going you would probably not be able to stop in time.

I would always hit the brake trying to avoid collision, and if it's possible I would try to turn out of the way. But in this situation that wouldn't be possible because someone is parked on the side of the road. That it's a admen doesn't change anything for me. I would try avoid by turning even if it was normal drivers on the side of the road.

spacer.png | spacer.png

Probably A, but I always Clip anything that could be needed as either ban evidence or footage of my POV if I did get banned.

But as mentioned above I wouldn't be going fast speeds anyways, the worst thing that can happen is physics glitches at low speeds. Again if you have your POV you will be fine.

Attempt to disconnect my internet. If that doesn't work, break the router. If that doesn't work, break the laptop.

On a serious note, I would choose option A. Slam the brakes and use the parking brakes (although it's not very realistic to do this). In a worst case scenario where I crash into the driver, I would record the footage for safety.

Anyways, it would be better slowing down a bit early the second you see the truck driving recklessly.

banner

25 minutes ago, TheChocolates0104 said:

Attempt to disconnect my internet. If that doesn't work, break the router. If that doesn't work, break the laptop.

On a serious note, I would choose option A. Slam the brakes and use the parking brakes (although it's not very realistic to do this). In a worst case scenario where I crash into the driver, I would record the footage for safety.

Anyways, it would be better slowing down a bit early the second you see the truck driving recklessly.

Very nice tactics. I shall keep this in mind for a future debate XD

On 5/23/2021 at 1:47 PM, _William_ said:

You are traveling down the road in your truck minding your own business when suddenly an approaching truck loses control and flips over which causes that vehicle to slide in your direction however you notice that there is an administrator sitting on the side of the road in their police vehicle what would you do..............................
(A). Do you hit the brakes as hard as you can in an attempt to stop
(B). Do you veer off the roadway and hit the admin on the side of the road in an attempt to stop
(C). Do you put your foot to the floor and hope for the best
(D). Do you Alt+F4

Id hit the brakes, as I would in any other kinda same (and lets be honoust, on mp it can happen often) situation too. Sometimes you get off with just a hit and a little damage, and sometimes you flip too and are wrecked all the way... The reaction of the other driver tho makes all the difference... By their reaction you can tell right away if they are really sorry and made a mistake or if they where just shitting around... Everyone makes mistakes, but some just do by wish ?

Archived