Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is this the end of TruckersMP?

DJ Jefferz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

8 players is the desired amount of people in peer-to-peer multiplayer architecture. That number is never gonna change unless SCS starts funding its own servers for multiplayer. At that point, SCS will be in direct competition of TMP. Until then, we're talking about two different architectures with different goals in mind about multiplayer. 

Of course it's not the end I don't support multiplayer that scs has released.How much fun can it be with 8 people, but TruckersMP is an open world platform, you can drive with thousands of people at the same time.

If I wanted to drive with artificial intelligence, I would have played single player anyway.I think after a while people will get bored and they will be here again. ? 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

just playing Judas  ?...

thats what the Main troll forum it thinking

"Number of player will be increased later. But the biggest benefits will be having AI traffic and mod use allowed. Also, not having kids racing around ramming and folks blasting music and/or screaming on the CB all the time. Not to mention the lag-fest whenever any player density of more than 20 or so is encountered. "

"Made by the official and rightful developers of the base games. Not a hack like TMP.
in addition to all of the above."

"Is this where we take a moment of silence for TMP?? hehehe" 

"TruckersMP will die a slow death after SCS Convoy is fully released in 1.41  
There are already quite a number of Servers up and running for ATS and ETS2."

"What makes TruckersMP better than Convoy?

- Larger player count
- Customisable CB experience

And what makes Convoy better?
- Easier to manage groups of players
- Mods
- AI Traffic(and the ability to yeet AI if you so choose)
- Smooth gameplay
- Self-moderating
- Customisible lobby experience
- Rules are what you want them to be
- Kick whoever you don't like
- Be you without the ability to be banned from the service
- Ability to play together immediately when an update comes out, instead of waiting weeks, or even months for a 3rd-party service(TruckersMP) to update
- Controlled environment to introduce your friends without risking yourself getting banned, can basically say "hey ♥♥♥♥" as a greeting and no one will bother you.

The list of both is much longer, and both do share a lot of the points that can be made. For example Larger Player count is both a pro and a con for both."

there had been 12 addtional cringe posts with even more swirrled BS that had been deleted by now.   

If i would play ai traffic id play single.  Ai is boring and often more tiring than some random trolls.

Plus i dont understand than last pros as a scs is better than tmp

- Controlled environment to introduce your friends without risking yourself getting banned, can basically say "hey ♥♥♥♥" as a greeting and no one will bother you.

If you are banned then 99% you deserved it. Plus you can say in tmp "hey" too and who will bother you?  

Spoiler

The general forecast is that TruckersMP will remain pretty much unaffected. They are two completely separate gamemodes (one is an MMO, and one is local MP) and while they are for the same game, they have completely different aims.

Of course some people who don't like trolls and the busy & sometimes unpredictable nature of TMP will move over to Convoy, which is great! But I think TMP will remain mostly unaffected. SCS themselves have praised the TMP project even as recently as during their Convoy live streams, so it is clear that there will be almost no rivalry and that people will just be sensible and pick their preferred mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived