Is this the end of TruckersMP?

DJ Jefferz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the fact that the mode is accessible within the game itself is already interesting and much more practical, here you must download the mod and install and then play.And the question of popularity and trust, you're kidding me right?, we're talking about SCS, the very creator of the game.

About the amount of players, this will certainly be increased soon, remember: it was released only an experimental beta to report bugs, I see no reason to release the creation of servers with many players, because not everyone has PC and internet suitable to support several users at the same time.
Probably, I believe, that will work as independent servers like GTA RP.

It will not have great effects on TMP, quite the contrary.

TMP will be able to use resources available from this new update, so we can only wait, since it is an experimental beta and has no set date for launching the public beta.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

I agree with all the posts above. TruckersMP has cultivated not just a multiplayer platform but a seismic and impressive community presence. There is no reason why the official Convoy Multiplayer and TruckersMP cannot continue to happily and readily coexist. The new local Peer-to-Peer multiplayer will be great for some users looking to enjoy the game with a couple of friends, but TruckersMP will always be the king when it comes to the Massive Multiplayer experience and allowing VTCs and large groups of friends to convoy together at sizable community events. It's a great innovation and always nice to have more options, but TruckersMP will only continue to grow stronger. ❤️ 

With the kindest regards,

Wasn't TruckerMP going to put AI into the servers also? I remember watching a video on YouTube about it but that was a year ago, nothing come of it yet? I've not played for a very long time, only reading forums from time to time. I think AI in MP would be nice if it was possible but looks like they gave up on that idea.

I get to bored of driving to A-B, how people manage thousand of hours in the game is beyond me, the novelty wears off after a week or so then I realise there is just no point in it anymore. If companies was more in depth I would enjoy it long term but not when there is nothing to do.

Yeah, for now the new 'convoy' mode for up to 8 friends won't have much of an effect on truckersMP (and I'm really not looking forward to open lobbies where trolls banned from TMP will roam endlessly doing their very worst).

But:

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.

This is just the beginning, IMO. This is SCS trying out how to get their player base (average of Circa 22k, compared to TMPs 6k-ish) online with others in a controlled way. If this works their is a possibility that they will try for larger lobbies on dedicated servers. Which of course brings up another problem - scattering the user base across many different servers.

I'm wondering, and do correct me if I'm wrong, why SCS and TMP are not working together in this to make the experience even better?

signature.png

6 hours ago, The Hobo said:

why SCS and TMP are not working together in this to make the experience even better?

You wanna start paying to use TruckersMP? :thisisfine:

If TMP was integrated into ETS2, it would be fine. But we're heading into a river of feces with that.

Hello everyone,

I don't think this is the end of TruckersMP. It is true that both SCS and TruckersMP have their advantages and disadvantages.

For example, SCS's idea that you can only play with 8 players doesn't sound very good to me, however, TruckersMP still seems much better and fun to me. :thisisfine:

JuanK.

39156329-role-Game-Moderator-1.webp | veteran-1.webp 

Forum Profile | Steam | TruckersMP Profile

The news about official multiplayer is maybe a good reason for TMP to focus on AI Traffic that they have halted ... no ?

On TMP I mostly drive in the DLC map where the number of players is too low ... the road are boring, it's like Covid all the time, with 1 player around me and my friend every 10 minutes..

AI Taffic is definitively the answer to my problem, so I think I'll switch to official MP and will return on TMP once they have implemented AI Traffic (+ giving them a patreon subscription).

It seems to be just like private servers you can make with a small amount of people, although the AI traffic seems awesome to have playing with real people at the same time. I remember TMP announced that a long time ago but we never got any real updates about that it seems like they aren't doing it. Also you can take the same job as friends easily without mods which is sick. So TMP is still good if you want to play with thousands of players at a time but the scs version seems to just be good for playing with a few friends.

Veo mucho peloteo en el foro pero yo voy a ser honesto, TruckersMP debe primero limpiar mucho su staaf ya que hay foros de gente muy descontenta con que lso administradores se tomen muchas veces la justicia por el simple hecho de ser un administrador y tomar decisiones injustas, simpelemte mirad muchos foros de baneos injustificados, otra cosa que les va a perjudicar en cuanto salga convoy va a ser el trafico AI ya que si, en truckerMP es divertido las zonas pobladas pero eso es un 2% de todo el mapa y muchos conductores son solitarios o son 2 o tres nada mas y hacer kilometros de carretera en un lugar sin trafico es realmente aburrido, yo he lelgadoa dormirme conduciendo en truckersMP algo qu eno pasa en solitario proque tienes que estar atento en policia y los bots. Y por ultimo el mayor de lso erjuicios de truckersMP son la cantidad de trolls, gente maleducada en el chat , niños rata e injusticias que crean la mayoria de lso jugadores que estan presentes que se toman las reglas pro el forro y van haciendo que tu juego sea simpemente un constante enfado, gente saltandose semaforos, conduciendo en direccion contraria incluso haciendo carreras y la unica forma de reporte es grabarlo con el problema de que aparte de ejecutar el juego tienes qu eejecutar un programa de grabacion porque los administradores no tiene la facultad o simplemente las ganas de tomar un vehiculo y cuando se hace un repote acudir de alguna manera para sancionar. Si crean moderadores del juego qu eesten presentes cuando se les necesita y sean justos, porque muchos de los reportes que envian son videos cortados o manipulados para que parezca lo que no son. 

It wont be the end of TMP, Its a local multiplayer as said it can have a max of 8 people so it's made for friends. People will still want to drive on pro mods and C-D road. Most VTC'S have more than 8 people so i can just see it being used for friends or for small twitch streamers that want to drive with fans all over the map. 

Indeed.... All of the above... TMP wont come to an end, and will never probably... Because it has so many dedicated players and staff. People (also me) like to just drive around and meet new people, even when there is no friend around... On mp there are allways people to drive and hang out with. But yea, the SCS AI feature seems nice. And on the same time, that is the only reason why I think it can be nice, the AI... Still the huge and strong community of TMP wont just vanish with the scs mp, thats for sure. Indeed a lot of people dont have the internet or computer to host a decent game, and apart of that, meeting random people in mp, is what made mp, mp... right?

On 5/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, The Hobo said:

Yeah, for now the new 'convoy' mode for up to 8 friends won't have much of an effect on truckersMP (and I'm really not looking forward to open lobbies where trolls banned from TMP will roam endlessly doing their very worst).

But:

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way.

This is just the beginning, IMO. This is SCS trying out how to get their player base (average of Circa 22k, compared to TMPs 6k-ish) online with others in a controlled way. If this works their is a possibility that they will try for larger lobbies on dedicated servers. Which of course brings up another problem - scattering the user base across many different servers.

I'm wondering, and do correct me if I'm wrong, why SCS and TMP are not working together in this to make the experience even better?

I like the idea of a collaboration as well... I feel that the great part truckersmp has allready for years, shouldnt just be ignored and maybe, somehow, scs and tmp could come to an awesome collaboration..... It sounds and seems more correct and fair to me now allready even though there isnt a partnership at all...

In short I think this will not effect TruckersMP in any shape of form.
SCS Multiplayer is mostly used to drive in small groups. Its nice to see that you can drive with AI. However TMP will not be die as it has a larger player base and you recieve the satification of seeing a large amount of drivers driving around the map. In TMP you do not have the limit of 8 players but up to 4000 on some servers, you do not have a limit on how many could attend convoys and so on. 

“???????? ??? ??? ???? ?????, ???? ??? ??????????”

klMaegY.png DQtI0ZF.png

|| TruckersMP || Steam || Twitch || YouTube ||

Archived