Is this the end of TruckersMP?

DJ Jefferz

SCS have released their latest blog today going into detail about their highly anticipated feature their calling "Convoy". We can see the beginning of this implementation in the next 1.41 update. You can also update to the experimental beta and be able to test the feature now!

My question is though, how much do we think this will effect TruckersMP, is it the end?

Read more about it at https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=300266&p=1556613#p1556613

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion this won't affect TruckersMP.

TruckersMP will still be used for big convoys and 'fun' which you won't be able to experience on SCSMP.

However, on SCSMP, you will be able to join a custom lobby and drive with AI and your friends which I guess is good.

However, I don't think this is the end.

2 minutes ago, JamesS014 said:

In my opinion this won't affect TruckersMP.

TruckersMP will still be used for big convoys and 'fun' which you won't be able to experience on SCSMP.

However, on SCSMP, you will be able to join a custom lobby and drive with AI and your friends which I guess is good.

However, I don't think this is the end.

Of course, it would never be the end of TMP. it was just a topic name that would catch peoples eye. xD

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

I can't see the SCS multiplayer to affect TMP much tbh, I think the major drawbacks on SCS's multiplayer like 8 people only, local hosted so the "host" would need good internet are such a dealbreaker. Atleast for me. Most convoys contain more than 8 drivers, so I doubt this would be used much in a VTC setting either. Yes, sure the AI vehicles are nice, but I'd rather have real life people I can honk to rather than having some AI.

But nevertheless I'm hyped by this project and excited about the future.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Hello guys,

In my opinion, TruckersMP will stay, even if the creation of the new feature. First, TMP has now 7 years of experience, and it will be better to do some convoys in TMP !

As I have understood, the SCS multiplayer is more for Events and not like TMP for fun. I don’t use TMP for a long time (Jannuary 23) but I see how much developement and Love is behind the Projekt TMP. Actually, I don’t think the SCS MP would be better than TruckersMP. The SCS multiplayer can be used for convoys where people can take part, who are permanently banned from TMP. In my opinion, TruckersMP stays the main Plattform for driving with friends or just for fun, because there has been a big development over the past years. SCS doesn’t have that development and passion about such a Multiplayer. 

TMP also has a huge community with a lot of supporters and fans  and these people will surely not leave TMP because of a SCS MP. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

I think to say that it won't have any impact on TruckersMP is a bold statement. Only time will tell as it will develop with more options and feautures.

It may attract people who prefer driving in small groups and simualtion purists away from TruckersMP.

Is it possible for Truckers MP to end up consisting of one infamous road crowded with random people and bigger convoys roaming anywhere on the map otherwise devoid of any life? No one can tell at the moment.

In my opionion, there are several advantages over TruckersMP:

• AI traffic- long awaited feature in TruckersMP, never implemented - this may change.
  • Mod support will not be available initially, but seems to be planned and likely will be much easier to implement and manage. 

Another implication - will this change anything for TruckersMP  in regard of owned DLCs and ability to see content in-game only if you also own those DLSs?

I think this is not the end. because while scs already has a lot of things to improve. But There Is No Such Thing in TruckersMP. TruckersMP Will Remain the Best of All Time. I'm sure of that. :tmp:❤️

4 minutes ago, Belmondoo said:

The same goes for people who want to organize a larger convoy of more than 8 people.

we don't know for sure to be honest. At some point SCS can always release a patch allowing more people in a lobby.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

From what I have read so far I mean it's a pretty cool idea because sometimes you may only get three or four or five people that want to Convoy together and just you know be with each other since they're a good group of friends and all and this would help to prevent trolling and harassment in people interfering with convoys plus something else that I have noticed is that this would be a good idea for new companies who are trying to hire people and they're wanting to test out their drivers they can make a private lobby and test their drivers out so this option that is coming out it has some good ideas for that also have some flaws I mean I can't speak for anybody but for myself when I say this we just have to see what happens

It isn't end of the TruckersMP Network. SCS Convoy System give to us the fast update with SCS Latest Version. TruckersMP Team can develop themselves the tools which is TruckersMP Network. Moreover, TruckersMP and SCS Software's Convoy System is different. If SCS Convoy System releases, TruckersMP user doesn't delete their account. Most of user use TruckersMP to play many convoy/events. Still, SCS' Convoy System can't stand many traffic. Its own advantages themselves. Player still play the game with TruckersMP & SCS Convoy System. 

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

In my opinion TMP will continue since most companies exceed 8 people and everyone wanted to play together on the other hand SCSMP many people will play with friends up to 8 people (in the future they may let more people play) with the Ia and it will be done some crazy things that in TMP you will not be able to eliminate some trolls

It wouldn't really impact TruckersMP as a MMO. However, because SCS Convoy includes AI vehicles and synced weather, maybe a small number of players will use this feature.

Unless SCS Software introduces large servers in which anyone could join (which i kinda doubt will happen), TruckersMP should still be standing.

banner

Honestly, never have I been so enthusiastic in my life about a mod, a single modification, for ETS2 which makes it a multiplayer game. It was nearly 7 years ago. Unfortunately though, I can't say I still have that same enthusiasm which I had back then. Trolls, traffics, toxic people shouting and swearing on CB radio, an immense VTC competition which leads recruitment teams of VTC's to do relentless promotions on chat, uncontrollably increasing numbers of players, amateurs especially the ones with the triple trailers and worst of all, others who also have same opinions like me which led them to lose their enthusiasm too, which results to slightly bored but still hanging around -because there is no other option- TMP players. 

Spending more than 2.000 hours, countless kilometers while managing 4 VTC's with combined number of 183 members and observing thought me that including TMP, everything in life has a lifetime. There is newborn era with joy and eagerness. Then there is childhood with intellectual learnings. Then youth comes with joy and high spirits with excellent efficiency. Then there is adulthood with experience and serenity. I think TMP is at the moment where youth ends and adulthood begins. Who knows, how long it will be.. The one and only thing that I am definitely sure of is the enormity of support comes from the equally enormous member community. I am happy of being in this community and I will always be. As long as I'm concerned about my past in TMP, I will feel honour and pride about it. But at this point giving a chance to SCS about their MP mod: Convoy, would be the appropriate thing.  

As it comes to your question, @DJ Jefferz, I am absolutely sure TMP will go on. Players would play both of them. Effects on TMP though, is an open-to-discussion subject. 

I agree with most of these statements, TMP will obviously go on, it may be slightly effected by the smaller groups. Remeber though, SCS have only announced 8 players, it could all be subject to change. We might in the future see lobbies of bigger capacity. EG maybe when they hold a community world of trucks event?

At the moment yes, it is focused on events, hense why they have called the feature "Convoy". I am really happy to see the AI capability, as well as mod  and job support. There may also be a ability for TMP to be able to now develop themselves into features they have been looking to branch into? EG the AI they would like themselves. 

I believe it won't affect TruckersMP much, since TruckersMP is here since what? 7 years!!! Right!! It might be that bit of player base might get divided but to gain the popularity, to gain that trust when it comes to MP and to build such MP community isn't a piece of cake and it takes ages. SCS got a community already, I agree with it but you can't expect people to respond with such positivity to that MP just yet. It's a start, as mentioned in the post itself, it's an experiment, it can either work or it might not, who knows. 

From what I know is, If it didn't work well, It won't affect TruckersMP and let's say if it did work, then the max, we can expect to either lose a bit of player base but that's not an end of TruckersMP, not unless and until there's any such decision which might be taken by Upper Management or in request by SCS themselves, instead I believe this will be fun to see, not directly but indirectly it might be fun to see a competition between both MP, I am sure both the MP will try their best to provide the best of to their respective community and in end, the benefit will be given to the end-users, which are players. SCS definitely will have an upper hand to release updates to the latest patch bit quicker but how stable and good it will be, only time shall say.

And, yes one more thing, TruckersMP was always a home to us, is always a home to MP community and will stay to be home for Truckers who are looking for MP fun

22 minutes ago, DJ Jefferz said:

I agree with most of these statements, TMP will obviously go on, it may be slightly effected by the smaller groups. Remeber though, SCS have only announced 8 players, it could all be subject to change. We might in the future see lobbies of bigger capacity. EG maybe when they hold a community world of trucks event?

At the moment yes, it is focused on events, hense why they have called the feature "Convoy". I am really happy to see the AI capability, as well as mod  and job support. There may also be a ability for TMP to be able to now develop themselves into features they have been looking to branch into? EG the AI they would like themselves. 

I tried this version out yesterday for about an hour and one thing I have to say is that I was glad to see Ai traffic. It kept my attention more then when there was no AI traffic. I know this is just a test but this has also been in the works for quite some time apparently. Also maybe this new version is a way to see if TMP can add local AI traffic to their servers possibly? I think that this private lobby thing is a pretty cool idea because when it comes to various VTC companies they can come on there and test out new drivers with trainings and what not. 

Hi. Thanks for your question. In my opinion tmp will never die or at least not very soon. The fact that the scs convoy function can only allow 8 players to play at a single time doesn't sound that good but it's nice that you can have ai traffic and mods that you can't have on tmp. The only way that tmp could die is when scs create some servers where they can allow 1000 and more players to play at the same time and I don't think that this will happen any time soon. So don't worry that tmp will die. Tmp will still thrive along the best multiplayer games out there. 

Archived