Frequent Freezing and Crashing on ETS2 Singleplayer and Multiplayer

Palad

Question

Hi all,

So I've been having this issue ever since I have built my new computer. I used to play on a low end computer and I never had this issue. Whenever I play ETS2 and I do certain things my game will crash, for example. It crashes when I do the following:

Leave the game via the exit buttons.

Press continue on the job de-briefing.

It can be really annoying since I will always have to restart my computer since it will not even allow me to open task manager. I know there is a simple fix to this but it's just the matter of finding it.

Please note: The issues will still happen no matter if I'm playing singleplayer or multiplayer. 

Many thanks,

Joseph. 

8 answers to this question

Hey dear @jxqeph

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forum.

Today, i'm going to help you with your problem  I'm very glad, I can participate in this topic.

There are many solutions about this problem, So I suggest you, try this solutions, which I have posted below one by one.

Have you tried make another account? Did it happend same? Do not forget, that your profile account can be corrupted by some mods. If you havent tried it yet, please create another profile and try it there. 

If it did not work, then please follow a steps below

1. Solution

< Go to Steam Library

< Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator

< Properties

< Local Files - verify integrity of in-game files.

If it did not work, then I highly recommend re-install TMP Launcher 

2. Solution : 

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also, please try re-install TruckersMP Launcher

3. Solution  - Re-installing TruckersMP Launcher by these steps:

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Go to documents and delete this folders called (ETS2MP, ATSMP) 
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to TMP Website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges  https://truckersmp.com/download/ 
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Solution 4:
> Update your graphics card driver to newest version

If it did not work again, then I highly recommend re-install of your game on Steam!  

• Make sure, you have saved your profiles from Documents - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - profiles / then delete full ETS 2 Folder 
  • Uninstall a game from Steam 
  • Install again 
  • Copy your saves to new ETS 2 Folder 

You can also check these topics, which i have posted below: 

Hope, one of these solutions will help you with your problem ? 

I am awaiting your respond! 

Have a nice day

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello,

You can do these:

- Make sure that the driver version of your graphic card is the most up-to-date.
- Delete the file My Documents / Euro Truck Simulator 2 / config.cfg and try to enter the game.
- Try playing with a new save.

Hope it can help you.

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi.

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d eHGAe2j.png

The way to fix this is:

Step 1. 
Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.
If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.
If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.
You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)
What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 
It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is. If you have a problem, message me on Steam CurlySaga

1) Try updating your drivers or make sure they are up to date.

2) Right click ETS2 in your Steam library, click "Properties",  "Local Files" and then "Verify Integrity of Game Files" . This will repair any potentially corrupt files in your game without having to reinstall. If you also have any mods enabled make sure to disable those.

3) If that doesn't work try loading from an earlier auto save.

Hello there! :)  

Since you marked a best answer, I will go ahead and move this topic to solve topics. 

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again 

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support 

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️