Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Toxicity in TruckersMP, is it getting worse?

LazyT

Some days I log in and it just feels like a bloodbath on the roads, this morning I was rammed 3 times within 10 minutes of starting my first trip. You got people who bobtail zoom up the hard shoulders and ram into you as they pass, people who pull out at stop signs when you're driving past, people who honk at you when you're driving the speed limit on a 60kph single lane road as though you're the one doing something wrong. It's obscene at this point, and not even just around dickburg and clownlais. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather just go back to playing with NPC's.

The thing that gets me is how these idiots even bought and play a truck simulator game let alone go through the process of discovering and installing an unofficial multiplayer, shouldn't they be playing rocket league or something?

I mean what have we got going on here guys, a truck simulator game or GTA Online? Because honestly recently I've been having trouble telling the difference.

18 minutes ago, Rohana said:

dickburg and clownlais

p r i c e l e s s 

I understand your frustration.

Similar incidents happened to me too. It feels like players that follow the traffic and game rules are punished.

I don't see an effective way in place to get rid of the trolls and reckless players. As long as players can cheat their profiles and enter astronomic high values as money amount and experience nothing will change.

TruckersMP needs server-sided profiles that cannot be altered.

Only then the trolls and reckless players will soon run out of money, which will eventually end their existence in multiplayer.

Until then, you, me and all the other good guys out there have to report perpetrators to eventually get them banned for good from the servers.

Stay strong, stay healthy and drive safely!

Unfortunately, every multiplayer mod or game has this in some form. It's just more of shame when it's a simulation game. The way I like to avoid that is just driving around the map normally without really going into high traffic areas like the CD road. Now if my delivery takes me there then fine but I don't really focus on going there. I've found that driving around areas of the map where there are less people is usually way more enjoyable as there are way fewer trolls and more actual players. Hope this helps you!

2 hours ago, tattytate said:

I think it’s just a blip . The base game was on sale the other weekend so give it a few weeks and the bans and loss of interest will weed out the trolls and it will settle down again (hopefully) ?

From my experience as game moderator (or formerly known as In-game administrator) I can tell you that this is 100% the case for the current "spike" in bad behavior of players on the servers.

We've always seen trolls getting more with recent (ongoing) sales.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Kashanka said:

The speed limiter should be an additional penalty.

I don't think it will make a huge difference. The only thing that would decrease are the inappropriate overtaking issues. Trolls will just keep hacking, blocking, ramming etc. 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

I think it's true that more and more people break the rules in high populated areas such as the CD road. Sometimes it is fun to drive there. However, you can go explore the rest of the map as well. There are many beautiful places to go. But i have also seen that the community that drives on Simulation 1 and ProMods is different. On ProMods, there is not as much hate as on Sim1, especially on the CD road. So if you don't like high populated areas, you can drive around them. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

9 hours ago, Lucas_17b said:

I don't think it will make a huge difference. The only thing that would decrease are the inappropriate overtaking issues. Trolls will just keep hacking, blocking, ramming etc. 

Trolls will always troll and must be eliminated permanently. Most accidents happen because of stupid overtaking. People who have a 700-750 HP engine start to behave like monkeys.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:19 PM, WNxArcticwolf said:

Do you play on the promods server? @Rohana I suggest if you have all map dlcs get promods and play on the promods server less trolls ect. 

Pretty much this.  The difference between base game (Germany 95% of the time) and running with all DLC's + Promods is night and day.  Such a great experience, more chill and for the most part the drivers on Promods are more experienced and play the game how it's intended.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, Farm Shark said:

The way I like to avoid that is just driving around the map normally without really going into high traffic areas like the CD road. Now if my delivery takes me there then fine but I don't really focus on going there.

That'd be the smartest option for people who don't want to spend hours at the time on submitting reports. If Simulation 1 isn't pleasing enough, I'd recommend purchasing the full game with all map expansions and utilizing the ProMods server. The experience is a lot more pleasant than anywhere in Germany, Netherlands, or Northern France on Simulation 1. Plus you get additional content SCS hasn't released yet.

14 minutes ago, W E R K 7 4 said:

That'd be the smartest option for people who don't want to spend hours at the time on submitting reports. If Simulation 1 isn't pleasing enough, I'd recommend purchasing the full game with all map expansions and utilizing the ProMods server. The experience is a lot more pleasant than anywhere in Germany, Netherlands, or Northern France on Simulation 1. Plus you get additional content SCS hasn't released yet.

For some players, purchasing all of the DLCs is too expensive. Sometimes they have to wait several months for a sale.  

I agree with others here, avoiding the really busy hotspots on Simulation 1 will mostly keep you out of the way of the trollers. The mods do a great job in keeping control of things, and things will die down soon enough when the sales end and people who are here to cause disruption are moved on. ?

With the kindest regards,

I feel that this happens every time the game goes on sale. To give the mods credit they do a fantastic job at keeping trolls away and with the web report system it's easy to remove the toxic players in the game. I drive on pro mods as first off you need DLC witch costs quite a lot of money. It wont be worth buying all the DLC just to troll on pro mods and get banned so a lot less people do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived