Closing CD Road Monthly?

Sunstrider

What do you think?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should CD Road be closed on a monthly basis?

• 100% Yes. Make this happen monthly.
    • Not quite 100%, but it's nice to make players spread out.
    • NO. CD Road should be the only road in the game.
    • I avoid CD Road as if it's covered in COVID.

18 hours ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

Have you checked this? This is the Map's livedata typically around 12 hours from now. It shows the true amount of players who would stick with TMP. If those "idle waiters" want to wait for this to pass, they can do what you mentioned and leave the roads in a much safer condition during the time.

Maybe a bit harsh to say that every that goes on C-D Road are bad drivers that is just making the roads unsafe. It's true there is a amount of drivers that aren't driving safely. But you can also find them anywhere else on the map. I eg. like to go down C-D Road from time to time because I like the amount of traffic and the challenge it's given you. But I wouldn't call myself a bad driver just because I like going on C-D Road.

Also I don't think closing down C-D Road would make the roads safer. Cause those driving unsafe on purpose would just go anywhere else on the map to troll those who just wait to do a casual drive with some friends.

spacer.png | spacer.png

Hi everyone

It would be nice to see a spread of players from C-D road, but completely closing it down would cause chaos with the C-D fans lol.

Maybe have it like an event, where different parts of the road are closed at different times?
So that people can still go down the road, but will have to make a detour around the closed part of the road.

Jamie Appleby

I think this won’t be a good idea. I drive on ProMods a lot and enjoy that there is no traffic. But after a few days this is getting a little boring and then I drive on the CD. I met some people on the CD with whom I like to drive, I wouldn’t have got to know them without the CD road. It’s true that there are a lot of trolls but it can also be fun driving there, but of course not everyone likes it. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

I don't quite understand why people have such a big problem with the C-D road...People choose to go there for the chaos, the traffic..etc....it's their choice. If people wanted to go elsewhere, they would.

And if you don't want to be on it...then don't. If you need to take that route for whatever reason, there's less populated servers, and singleplayer.

Sometimes im on the C-D road, sometimes not. A lot of the time I do a job that can involve the C-D road, to a totally different part of the map, and vice versa.

Closing the C-D would just bring an even bigger surge, more traffic, and more chaos to the area.

But even if you did close the C-D permanently, or temporarily and people moved...they'd just move to another road that chaos can happen on. Worst case, we'll get another Europoort type situation, maybe it would even be Europoort again.

And I understand that people want everyone to spread out a bit more...but it's not even a small road, it goes from eastern France, through Belgium, through a little bit of the Netherlands, and into west Germany. Adding to that, people can enter/exit the road at multiple spots. 400-500km in total, if im not mistaken. And it's a bit tough to ask people to find a new popular road in a DLC area, because the majority of people don't own every DLC.

24H4oa0.jpg

3 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

I don't quite understand why people have such a big problem with the C-D road...People choose to go there for the chaos, the traffic..etc....it's their choice. If people wanted to go elsewhere, they would.

And if you don't want to be on it...then don't. If you need to take that route for whatever reason, there's less populated servers, and singleplayer.

Sometimes im on the C-D road, sometimes not. A lot of the time I do a job that can involve the C-D road, to a totally different part of the map, and vice versa.

Closing the C-D would just bring an even bigger surge, more traffic, and more chaos to the area.

But even if you did close the C-D permanently, or temporarily and people moved...they'd just move to another road that chaos can happen on. Worst case, we'll get another Europoort type situation, maybe it would even be Europoort again.

And I understand that people want everyone to spread out a bit more...but it's not even a small road, it goes from eastern France, through Belgium, through a little bit of the Netherlands, and into west Germany. Adding to that, people can enter/exit the road at multiple spots. 400-500km in total, if im not mistaken. And it's a bit tough to ask people to find a new popular road in a DLC area, because the majority of people don't own every DLC.

I just want more traffic in the free area's. Want the drive to Metz, Berlin, Mannheim, ect to be a little more populated so it's not always a ghost town. Half the time, i avoid CD. And a bit of time will be passing through CD. While it's great to be playing with others, i don't get what the obsession is with that road. There's only 4 possible spots to get off at. Calais Highway, 2 highways, and Duisburg exit. It's a small road lane wise, one in each direction. I'm not asking them to get any DLC's if they don't wish. Just want them to spread out so there's action all over the free area's and the amount of reports can slow down that isn't about CD. Couple days ago, i saw the report load on Normal.

8 hours ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

I just want more traffic in the free area's. Want the drive to Metz, Berlin, Mannheim, ect to be a little more populated so it's not always a ghost town. Half the time, i avoid CD. And a bit of time will be passing through CD. While it's great to be playing with others, i don't get what the obsession is with that road. There's only 4 possible spots to get off at. Calais Highway, 2 highways, and Duisburg exit. It's a small road lane wise, one in each direction. I'm not asking them to get any DLC's if they don't wish. Just want them to spread out so there's action all over the free area's and the amount of reports can slow down that isn't about CD. Couple days ago, i saw the report load on Normal.

I agree, the area doesn't have a spectacular view or a challenging road course.

It owes its popularity to the high number of players and resulting incidents, and vise versa.

Videos showing such incidents increase its fame and attract more players.

Without the high number of players it wouldn't be different from the majority of roads throughout Europe.

I avoid driving in this area, because the situation got out of control.

Reasonable driving players will fall victim to the many reckless players and trolls. Their only defense is the web report system (I regard the in-game report system as ineffective because most of the times a report isn't claimed by a game moderator in time) for which they have to spend additional time to create valid evidence.

I've decided my time is too precious to waste it for players whose idea of fun is to disturb others. I consequently quit multiplayer as driving in an deserted Europe isn't any fun either. 

It's unlikely I will return unless the TruckersMP team introduces server-sided profiles which can't be altered (especially the amount of money) and/ or AI traffic. 

Without the former trolls and reckless players will continue to ruin other players game experience.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no question of closure of that road, people love it there and a large audience of the game continues there.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I don't think it's even possible for such a thing to happen. Because it is a crowded place where most players love to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived